1st Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Players Group discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig) Richardson (tap3w3rm) | 190 comments Mod
Introduce yourselves here!

Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) Hellooooo

Die potato! Nooooooo!

Hello parking meter! Hellooooo!

You gotta help me man, my tie is trying to killlll meeee! MWAHAHAHA!!!

message 3: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Sooooo are you guys jut gonna let this die? Btw I have another 3 guys who are intrested in playing here ready to join this thing we just need to work out what nights we can play on.

message 4: by Doc (new)

Doc Aeon | 27 comments I shall raid this group for its brainz and nachospotato chips.

message 5: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

No way! Are you the dragonsgoot guy?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi there, folks. I saw the posting on Dragonsfoot.org and thought I'd stop by and see how things were going.

Just out of curiousity, did you look into the website RPOL.net to host the game? It's a website specifically designed to host Play by Post RP games. It has die rollers and other things that are very, very helpful for running these types of games.

That said, is there room for another player? I'm familiar with 1st Edition AD&D and have a bunch of the books here at home.

message 7: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Absolutely we have room! And I'll Check out the site!

message 8: by Davtime (new)

Davtime | 72 comments Hey i saw your post on the tangled web and i am excited. i have the players handbook and have made a fighter by your rules. i have never played before but i understand it and have access to the material

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi guys.Saw Angus' post on Dragonsfoot recruiting and figured I'd give it a try. I'm just a broken-down old man anymore, but I'm still a hardcore gamer. It's just that now, my .45 is with me at all times. Guess you could say I'm hardcore in other ways as well, but I'm really a nice fellow, the father of three boys all in Texas. I'm alone, completely alone in AZ and that's my worry.

I notice a post up there about RPOL and I'm registered, but never took the time to figure it out.

message 10: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Whoa getting a lot more people then I thought... Awesome ^_^

message 11: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Katelyn wrote: "Also I have never done this before so.... I will just watch this all looks very confusing and.... well confusing is a good word."

Any questions ask me or bloodymage as he seems to be the most experienced.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, thanks for allowing me to join up, but I think I'm just going to lurk for the time being. I play a couple of other PbP games, and I was tinkering around with DMing my own campaign on RPOL I mentioned above. So I probably wouldn't be the best addition. I'll come back and watch a bit though.

message 13: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Alright. Hey if you're looking to DM on RPOL I'd be willing to play with you.

message 14: by Gary (new)

Gary (hedgeknight) Howdy folks! My name is Gary (Hedgeknight on gaming forums) - saw your post on Dragonsfoot and decided to check this out; I'm also a Goodreads member so this is convenient. Like bloodymage said, RPoL is a fine site for running games. How does it work on here?

Anyway, I'm an old timer - started with Basic D&D in '83 and have been consistently playing and DMing for 28 years now - still loving it! Hope to share in some gaming goodness with you all!
-g-

message 15: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (last edited Feb 19, 2011 09:28AM) (new)

Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) whoa..... 48 yrs old, huh? well you outrank us!..... (view spoiler)

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Welcome! Glad to know there are more people like my dad out there.

message 17: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Sorry guys, this wasnt loading on IE. Yes were playing online, bipolar toad. If you would like to learn to play, first check out the "How to create a character" that will explain it.

I'm gonna explain it like Dungeon Master Richard does "This game is like a play, in which you're the actors... but you don't have the script." If you'd like to know more ask me or bloodymage or maggie.

message 18: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Gary wrote: "Howdy folks! My name is Gary (Hedgeknight on gaming forums) - saw your post on Dragonsfoot and decided to check this out; I'm also a Goodreads member so this is convenient. Like bloodymage said, RP..."

Basically just standard PBP. Great to have you on board!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (Amanda68) | 4 comments Howdy yall. New to GoodReads but not to DnD. I have been playing for about 30 years. I will have to see how much time I have to actually join a game but thought it would be neat to chat about it.

message 20: by Angus (Ozzy Zig needs a gig), death to all PC's >:D (new)

Welcome Randy!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Greetings.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Frege! I've heard about DaD and I've always wanted to play it. Then I realized that Goodreads probably has tons of groups where I can play it. So here I am! :)

message 23: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Hey, FREGEY!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, MAGGIE!

message 25: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) So . . . this group is sorta dead/dying, though.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I noticed. But then I saw that it was the most active DnD group of all time! :)

message 27: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) Really? Yay. ;)

Did you know-- my iPod spellchecks your name from "Fregey" to "FREGEY."

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL. xD

message 29: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) ^_^

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

:)