The Baseball Book Club discussion

MLB > Clemente

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim (MetesandBounder) I just finished the book. Wow! He was a truly inspiring individual both as an athlete and a human being. The kind of story that makes you want to be the best you can be. Read my review for more.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been in a bit of a financial rut (lost my job) and haven't been able to afford to buy this, but I'm going to order it at the library soon. I have always greatly respected Clemente and based on your review I really can't wait to read the book.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim (MetesandBounder) Sorry to hear about your financial downturn.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Just picked it up from the library; despite fees being racked up on my card I was able to rent it using my college ID. Only read the first chapter so far, but really into it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished Clemente today. It was great; I think the writer went into a bit over the top detail towards the end when it came to the plane itself, but I loved the rest of it. Clemente was such a great player and obviously a great person too. Instantly one of my favorite players. I think a part of me will want the Pirates to do well this season, although my heart will always be with the Cubs.