eReader Addicts discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Feel free to stop by here to introduce yourself.
I'll start:
Hey,
my name is Morgan and I've only had my Kindle for a few months now. I love it so far! Reading has been one of my absolut favorite hobbies and I love to write.

I hope everyone has a great time in this group (:

message 2: by Ami (new)

Ami E. Bowen (skayda) | 8 comments Hi! My name is Ami, as you can see from my handle. My love of reading was instilled in me from a very young age when my grandmother took me to the library in her small town during the summers I'd visit. Once day a reporter for the local newspaper was doing a story on the little library and I happened to be there and got my photo in the newspaper along with the librarian as I was checking out a book. I grew up trading books with my grandmother and my younger sister, who's also a voracious reader, and visiting libraries at least once a week, if not more. With the creation of the e-reader my reading habits picked up even more and in my opinion goes along with regular printed books very well. There's a time and a place for an e-book and a p-book. I don't have a Kindle because I wanted something that would allow me to do other things than just read; like watch videos, listen to music/audio-books and surf the internet in color so I bought a Velocity Micro Cruz Tablet (t301) which, since they've got their ones out now, you can pick up for less than eighty dollars online currently. Anyway, God bless the makers of e-readers that allow me to carry a mini-library in my purse. lol.

message 3: by Adele (new)

Adele N (rosefire314) Hi all my name is Adele and i have been using my iPad to read but i really would love to have a e-reader that doesn't glare, since i have been using my iPad i can read again. I'm visually impaired and couldn't read books, due to the font being to small. anyways i do have a question though, while is better for someone who cant see well.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim | 3 comments Adele wrote: "Hi all my name is Adele and i have been using my iPad to read but i really would love to have a e-reader that doesn't glare, since i have been using my iPad i can read again. I'm visually impaired ..."

Adele, I have an iPad and do enjoy reading on it. I also have a Kindle Touch that I like as well. I tend to use the iPad when reading at night - black background with white print, and I use the Kindle during the day. the prices have fallen for the various Kindles and there are often deals for refurbished Kindles on amazon.