Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Book Chat > why differnet NookBooks of the same book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
Was just looking up this author: http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.c...

And was surprised to see multiple NookBook versions of the same book, with different prices. Why would that be?

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments I have notice that happen when they are getting ready to get rid of one version and get another. I put all the books I want on my eBook wish list and have notice that some go away and get replaced later with a new one.

message 3: by David (new)

David Wuensche (davidwuensche) | 4 comments Well, anyone can publish a rights-free book, and often do so. Some will go to great lengths to generate a nicely-formatted version with notes, a fully functional table of contents, and an original cover. Some are just slapped together, though.

It is kind of silly that publishers still fight over who can make the best version of Huck Finn, though.

message 4: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
These aren't public domain books, though. I guess even ebooks can get new editions, for some reason.

message 5: by Amber (new)

Amber (YA Indulgences) (yaindulgences) | 10 comments Those aren't new editions, they were published on the same day. One might be better quality than the other one due to the pricing.