Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Helping move SOA reviews to our Goodreads group

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea's Audiobooks (last edited Feb 05, 2011 11:01AM) (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) In the Group Bookshelf thread, I gave some specific instructions for moving reviews from the 50+ Speaking of Audiobooks columns to our Mini Review shelf at Goodreads. The purpose of this thread is to keep each other informed of the columns we are each working on so we won't be duplicating our effort.

Right now Vic is working on the 1/11/11 column.

I am working on the 1/27/11 column.

AND I'M BEGGING FOR HELP! Please see if you can take a few minutes to commit to helping with a column. Just let us know here the specific column you are working. Here are the instructions from the Group Bookshelf thread:

I now have the Mini Review shelf up. We should all be able to add to it now.

When adding, please keep these things in mind:

Discussion Leader – I’m recommending that the leader be the reviewer.

Choose the audio version.

We are not grading the reviews with stars.

Why We’re Reading This section – place the review here. Also, I’m removing the space between the narrators and the body of the review. You can then see more at a quick glance.

At the end of each review, include this info:
Written by Lea Hensley for Speaking of Audiobooks column 1/27/11. http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=5857

The name, of course, will be the reviewer's. I have written the vast majority so if it is not tagged as written by someone else, it will be Lea Hensley. And then the date of the column and the link.

You can go to the shelf and see Shadowfever under the Mini Reviews shelf as well as All. I guess all books we list on our shelves will end up here? Wish that weren't the case but I don't see how to change that - does anyone else?

When posting Speaking of Audiobooks reviews from previous columns, it may be best to work from the most recent column to the oldest. Our reviews are meatier now than in those first columns. I'm starting a separate thread here for us to state which column we are working on at any given time so we will not duplicate our work.

Please help us with these past columns!

message 2: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I've done 1/11/11. Going to do 12/31/10 now.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) One other item - and I'm the one who needs to correct the reviews I'm posting. These reviews should not contain starred grades. More on that later.

message 4: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) I'll give it a whirl starting with 11/29/10

message 5: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Gah... had to create whole new version for True Love and Other Disasters (Chinooks Hockey Team, #4) - there wasn't an audio version yet. I think I picked a bad column to help on. ;)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) We are only moving books at this time under Recent Reads - not Additions to My Audio Library. I just realized how confusing this is!

message 7: by Vic (last edited Feb 05, 2011 11:24AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Oh... oops. *blush* See I need supervision! Am I back in time out? :)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Ha! No way!

message 9: by Kelli (last edited Feb 05, 2011 11:29AM) (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Question: If I have the book on my shelf already and add it to the group, even though I am not selecting a rating when I add it, I can see "my rating". I know there is usually a separate column that displays my rating and the book's overall rating but just in case, would someone mind confirming for me that The Spymaster's Lady and Just the Sexiest Man alive are not displaying ratings in the group shelf? If they are, it looks like I will have to unstar (not a word, I know) the book in my own shelf to take it off.

message 10: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Starting on the 10/29/10 column

message 11: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Kelli - I don't see any stars. Looks good to me.

message 12: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Starting on the 10/15/10 column

message 13: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Starting on the 9/30/10 column

message 14: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Starting 8/27/10 - don't think there were any reviews between 9/30 and this one.

message 15: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) The 9/30 column has a mini-review for Charlaine Harris' Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, and From Dead to Worse all grouped as one. My organizational quirks tell me to put all three books individually on the shelf with the same mini-review. Objections?

message 16: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments @Kelli - Sounds good to me.

message 17: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Kelli wrote: "The 9/30 column has a mini-review for Charlaine Harris' Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, and From Dead to Worse all grouped as one. My organizational quirks tell me to put all three books indivi..."

Sounds good to me too.

message 18: by Vic (last edited Feb 05, 2011 12:11PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Taking 8/13/10 .. nothing. Taking 7/26.

message 19: by Vic (last edited Feb 05, 2011 12:18PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Taking 7/16... nothing. Taking 6/30.

message 20: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Taking 6/17.

message 21: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Taking 6/4/10

message 22: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Vic wrote: "Taking 6/4/10"

Wow, this is absolutely wonderful!

message 23: by Vic (last edited Feb 05, 2011 12:53PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments On to 5/4 (nothing in the column before this one) On to 3/30/10. No reviews between 5/4 and 3/30.

message 24: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Starting 2/4/10 - didn't see anything between 3/30 and this

message 25: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Starting 1/15/10

message 26: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I just counted and realized we only have 43 columns to date. Hopefully that will make our moving a shorter process. And I know (as you all have discovered) a number have no reviews.

message 27: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Starting 12/23/09

message 28: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Thanks to Kelli and Vic for working so tirelessly yesterday on moving part of our Mini Reviews. We still need help finishing up the job so if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated!

I will be moving reviews in another manner. Example - The Funny Ones column. There are many reviews within the body of the column - just not formally written. I'll take it apart and post a number of reviews.

message 29: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) No offical reviews in the 12/09/09, 11/20/09, 11/09, and 10/19. I'm taking 10/09/09 - no reviews in 9/28.

Here's what is left - ONLY 4 COLUMNS!

9/09/09 has 4 reviews

No 8/24/09

8/11 has 11 reviews

None in 7/27/09

7/10/09 has 3 reviews

None in 6/18

6/08/09 has 4 reviews

Once someone takes these, that's it!

message 30: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Entering 9/9/09

message 31: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Entering 8/11/09

message 32: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Entering 7/10/09

message 33: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) Entering 6/8/09

message 34: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (oddiophile) finis

message 35: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Yea!! Thanks Kelli for finishing up! I'll now add in various books that were a part of the column content. Thanks to all for help with this!

message 36: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments Wow. Just, wow. I can't believe it's done already. I volunteered to help, didn't have time right away, and two days later it's done. Ya'll are great.