1000 BOOKS!! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Old Discussions > Group Read: The Host

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeannie, the angels have the phonebox! (new)

Jeannie (serenity77) | 600 comments Mod
What do people think of The Host

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i love this book. its so good :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Bleh. I hafta say, I liked it better then the Twilight series, but still....this book wasn't really that good :P.

I cant believe she's writing two sequels, I thought it ended perfectly.

message 4: by Baneen (new)

Baneen me too. the book was okay. better than twilight but nothing special about it.

message 5: by Jeannie, the angels have the phonebox! (new)

I liked it a lot when I first read it, which was a few years ago but I want to read it again to see what I think of it now.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i didn't like it at first. i thought it was reli slow but once i got about half way thru i started to like it a lot more. by the end of it i actually loved it and i know a lot of ppl who said that twilight was so much better but i honestly like the host just as much maybe even a little more. and i am excited that stephanie may be turning this onto a series and there could be another 2 books on the way. i'm just not sure how she will continue the story coz the ending was kinda like the ending of an individual book.

message 7: by Jeannie, the angels have the phonebox! (new)

I totally agree it would be interesting to see where she goes with it but it could and probably should stay as a single book. I liked it more than Twilight though..

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) me 2. i like the books i read to have some action in it and twilight was good as a love story but not much happened in it so i liked that this had more excitement.
i read this just after i read twilight the other yr

message 9: by Sloan (last edited Feb 24, 2011 10:55AM) (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) I read The Host about a year ago. I've been meaning to reread it ever since. I loved it! Much more than I thought I would too. The description of the book didnt do much for me, but I read it anyways because of Stephanie Meyer. I was curious to see what else she had up her sleve. The book started off slow but before I knew it I was hooked. I could not put that thing down for the life of me. I devoured it! It was a truly unique story, and I cant wait for the next 2 books in the series.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) yea i didn't like it at first but then started to love it once i got about half way thru. i have read it twice and i enjoyed it a lot more the second time i read it and i'll probably read it again before the next one comes out

message 11: by Sloan (last edited Feb 26, 2011 11:09AM) (new)

Sloan (ofliliesandremains) Kayleigh Belikov - the Dimka freak :) wrote: "yea i didn't like it at first but then started to love it once i got about half way thru. i have read it twice and i enjoyed it a lot more the second time i read it and i'll probably read it again ..."

Same here. I plan on rereading it again in the next few months. And I know I will reread it yet again right before the second one comes out. 2012? Thats quite a gap between the first novel... 4 years. Oh well, something to look forward to! I just hope its an early 2012 release date and not later in the year.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) i know rite. i didn't realise it was gonna b a series until lst yr n i was like really????
i thought it was just an individual novel and that was the end but i cnt wait for the next one. i may b more excited for this series than i was for twilight. tho not as much as i am for bloodlines

Crystal ✬ Lost in Storyland (crystalinstoryland) I loved the book. It didn't focus on romance and had a real plot.
o.O I did not know there was going to be a second book until now. I'm going to have to check it out.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) stephanie meyer has confirmed that she has at least 2 chapters completed of a sequal to the host :D
cnt wait :p

message 15: by Jeannie, the angels have the phonebox! (new)

Ooo it sounds exciting!! cant wait till they are published..

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.