CCC Reads discussion

First book to discuss?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Does anyone have a suggestion for the first book we should read as a group? It needs to be a title that we have available at the CCC Library. Check in the library catalog on our website to make sure.

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo Ann (jcannon) | 5 comments How about "Room" by Emma Donoghue?

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Good suggestion, JoAnn. We have that on book-on-cd also. Susan & I read it and loved it. Anyone else have any ideas?

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Ann (jcannon) | 5 comments I see that Katie suggested "Room" as well. I also viewed some of the other books she suggested. Here are some of the ones that might be a good first book to read:

South of Broad by Pat Conroy
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
Black Out by Lisa Unger
The Sugar Queen (1st Book)by Sarah Addison Allen
Garden Spells (2nd Book)by Sarah Addison Allen

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Miller | 4 comments I like the idea of "Room" as well. Here are a few of my ideas to read:

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
We were the Mulvaney's by Joyce Oates
Rainwater by Sandra Brown

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny Hooper | 1 comments I like the fact that "Room" is on CD.
penny

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Chaplin | 1 comments "Room" would be great. I haven't read it but it looks cute and pretty interesting. It doesn't look too long either which will be great for our first book discussion.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 2 comments Mod
One of the things that I like about Goodreads is that we do not all have to be reading the same book at the same time. Because this is electronic, you can still make posts at any time. Therefore, this features keeps the dialogue going, and you do not miss the discussion because you are waiting to read the book.

message 9: by Kara (new)

Kara | 4 comments I just look up some info on "Room", sounds very interesting. It's currently checked out of my local library but I've put a hold request on it, if we decide to read it.

message 10: by Kara (new)

Kara | 4 comments I apologize for that poorly written post, my 7month old son was crawling all over me. lol :)

message 11: by Jo (last edited Feb 04, 2011 06:04AM) (new)

Jo Ann (jcannon) | 5 comments Well, we could read "Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah. It sounds interesting.

message 12: by Jo (new)

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Ann (jcannon) | 5 comments Someone told me this was a good book as well. However, it is not on the CCC library list. Since there is usually one copy of a book in the library, may I suggest that once we decide on a book to read that we could get the book from anywhere or we can purchase it?

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie | 3 comments I think "Room" would be a good one, I've heard really good reviews from everyone who has read it. JoAnn you've got some great suggestions!