Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > At a loss: Combining these books. + series yes/no??

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (last edited Jan 31, 2011 06:21AM) (new)

Jan (janoda) | 140 comments Hey. I'm trying to combine the following books, but it isn't working, probably because there's a lot of authors, and the main one isn't the same. I'm not sure what the policy is though. Alphabetically? Editor? Anyway, help appreciated.

Chinese Whisperings: The Yin Book and The Yin Book

Then to make manners more complicated, the Yin books has a companion book, aptly named the Yang book, Chinese Whisperings: The Yang Book; and the Yin and Yang Book, which is the combination of the two. This also has the need to combine issues. Chinese Whisperings: The Yin and Yang BookThe Yin & Yang Book

Should I put these in a series? (How should I point out the anthology since this is an unnumbered series?)

Short-Story collections confuse me. Thanks for advise!

Edit: Apparantly there's also another installment in the series... http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/75...

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments For anthology collections with an editor, the editor should be listed as the primary author.

For the series, you could "number" them as "yin", "yang", and "red".

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments Actually, I would name the series "Chinese Whisperings" - it looks like the books in the series are Yin, Yang and Red, correct? No need to number the series, and when you put the combined book in, just label it "Omnibus".

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Carolyn wrote: "No need to number the series, and when you put the combined book in, just label it "Omnibus"."

That doesn't make it clear which books it's an omnibus of, though....