The Mortal Instruments Series LOVERS! :P discussion

Book Recommendations for those who find it hard to get a good book to read :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ace (new)

Ace (acecombat94) | 494 comments Mod
Do any of you have any book recommendations for those who find it hard to get a good book to read :)

message 2: by Liliana (last edited Jan 30, 2011 11:28PM) (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) I have a few :)
The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting My Fair Godmother (My Fair Godmother, #1) by Janette Rallison The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison

message 3: by Amelle (new)

Amelle Kyre (the_shadowhunter) | 504 comments YAY Percy Jackson! and the Hunger Games!

message 4: by Six-Fingered Nigel (last edited Feb 03, 2011 01:32PM) (new)

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Percy Jackson is awesome! I loved all the books ... and they're great because you never really know what's going to happen!

Here's a trilogy I really liked
The Summer Tree (The Fionavar Tapestry #1) by Guy Gavriel Kay The Wandering Fire (The Fionavar Tapestry #2) by Guy Gavriel Kay The Darkest Road (The Fionavar Tapestry #3) by Guy Gavriel Kay

message 5: by Ace (new)

Ace (acecombat94) | 494 comments Mod
PERCY JACKSON!!! WOO!!!!
I love the hunger games too! :D sad though! but really good!!!!

and also Vampire Academy! :O <3

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

The Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong. It's A LOT like MI.

message 7: by Naomi (new)

Naomi (catfanatic) I don't know what genres you like, but here is a quick list. I can give you others if you want (though I don't really do paranormal or mysteries)

Futuristic: Inside Out, Uglies, Matched, Academy 7
Fairy-tales: East, The Goose Girl, The Hollow Kingdom
Dragons: Firelight, Eragon
Historic/Otherworld: Troubled Waters, General Winston's Daughter, The Glass Maker's Daughter

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Naomi wrote: "I don't know what genres you like, but here is a quick list. I can give you others if you want (though I don't really do paranormal or mysteries)

Futuristic: Inside Out, [book:Uglie..."

Wow never heard of any of those, part from Eragon, which I started reading but it didn't really grip me.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Naomi wrote: "I don't know what genres you like, but here is a quick list. I can give you others if you want (though I don't really do paranormal or mysteries)

Futuristic: Inside Out, [book:Uglie..."

Ooo! I love Goose Girl!

message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne Weaver (anneweaver) | 4 comments Just finished The Demon's Covenant, sequel to The Demon's Lexicon - see favorite quotes here http://bit.ly/4uhORj and here http://bit.ly/eHleqg and http://bit.ly/eVqGqd . Liked it as much as The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices. Also loved White Cat by Holly Black.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyjaneli) I have many books that I recommend, strongly. Tamora Pierce books--all of them. They are amazing, and around the late Middle Ages with heroines and magic. Allly Carter--Heist Soceity, Gallagher Girls. Rick Riordan -- Percy Jackson, Red Pyramid, The Lost Hero. Meg Cabot -- Mediator, 1-800-WHERE-R-U?, Angelfire, Paranormalcy, Soul Screamers Series, Darkwing, The Hunger Games....and many more I have yet to think of. These books I have just suggested, in my perspective, are wondrous.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleyjaneli) Kelley Armstrong -- Darkest Powers series, Darkness Rising series.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Weaver (anneweaver) | 4 comments Ashley wrote: "Kelley Armstrong -- Darkest Powers series, Darkness Rising series."
Ashley, you have mentioned some of my favorite books here. I liked Paranormalcy as well. Have you come across Nightshade or Mercy - they are good too. Anne

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Ashley wrote: "I have many books that I recommend, strongly. Tamora Pierce books--all of them. They are amazing, and around the late Middle Ages with heroines and magic. Allly Carter--Heist Soceity, Gallagher Gir..."

I haven't read the red pyramid but I'm planning too. I have the red the lost hero and it was brilliant ... I can't wait for the other one to come out.

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin (EasyPeasy) | 3 comments Vampire Academy and House of Night. They are similar to the Mortal Instruments (paranormal/romance).

message 16: by Liliana (last edited Mar 02, 2011 10:43PM) (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) I just started another series: Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent <<<< these are the ones I have read so far out of 6. And I love the series!!!! Its awesome!! But its not YA...you have been warned ;P lol

message 17: by Six-Fingered Nigel (last edited Mar 03, 2011 12:07PM) (new)

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments I've just read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick I haven't read the rest of the series yet but I plan too ... once I get my hands on the next book. I really enjoyed it and it's very funny. :D

message 18: by Jazmyn (new)

Jazmyn | 38 comments Has anyone read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson? If so, are they good?

message 19: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers. Extremely good.

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kirbmiester92) | 3 comments Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "I've just read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick I haven't read the rest of the series yet but I plan too ... once I get my hands on the next book. I really enjoyed it and it's very funny. :D"

I love that book! I finally got my hands on the next one and just started reading it.

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Jessica wrote: "Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "I've just read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick I haven't read the rest of the series yet but I plan too ... once I get my hands on the next book. I really enjoyed it and..."

Yes I think I shall have to make a trip to the library ... and hope they have it! :D

She's really good at writing the covers ... the reason I read it was because when I read the back I was really intrigued!

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (kirbmiester92) | 3 comments Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "I've just read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick I haven't read the rest of the series yet but I plan too ... once I get my hands on the next book. I reall..."

Have way through and it's hard to put it down. Even more mystery.

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Jessica wrote: "Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "I've just read Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick I haven't read the rest of the series yet but I plan too ... once I get my hands ..."

Ahhh, I really wanna read it! From the back of all the books it looks like they get more mysterious every time!

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) Veronica wrote: "Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers. Extremely good."

yeah, I also liked this series - the characters where great. Hope she will write more books about them.

I also liked "Finnikin of the Rock" - though it's not a serie, just one book. but nice fantasy, epic YA novel

message 25: by Liliana (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) Martina wrote: "Veronica wrote: "Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers. Extremely good."

yeah, I also liked this series - the characters where great. Hope she will write more books about them."

Well I dont know if the characters from the darkest powers are going to be in it, but she is writing another series continuing the darkest powers>>> The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) yeah, I heard that the "Gathering" is the forst book of her next trilogy which also plays in the same surrounding, but with different characters and journeys.
But it's rumoured, that she'll continue her writing on the darkest powers including the main characters- after she finished the darkness rising series. so-hope for the best :)

message 27: by Liliana (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) Really?! I didnt know that! Thats awesome! :)

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments I've just read Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate . Has anyone else read it? I really enjoyed it ... though I found in many ways similar to Hush Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
But I'm looking forward to seeing how the story pans out and reading the next book.

message 29: by Ryleigh (new)

Ryleigh | 84 comments I might !

message 30: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) I KNOW!! Percy Jackson Series, The Lost Hero.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 *Faints*

message 31: by Liliana (last edited Mar 18, 2011 01:36PM) (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) Xena wrote: "I KNOW!! Percy Jackson Series, The Lost Hero.... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 *Faints*"

I love them too!! The cliffhanger at the end of The Lost Hero nearly gave me a heart attack! lol

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments LilianaCullenTheShadowhunter wrote: "Xena wrote: "I KNOW!! Percy Jackson Series, The Lost Hero....

I love them too!! The cliffhanger at the end of The Lost Hero nearly gave me a heart attack! lol"

I know Rick Rhiordan always leaves such annoying cliff hangers! Ahhhh but his books are just so brilliant! :D

message 33: by Liliana (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) I know!!!! They are great cliffhangers but they are annoying! lol
I cannot wait for the Son of Neptune! I am positive that we are going to get some Percy...at last!

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Yes I was actually really gutted Percy wasn't in The Lost Hero, him and Annabeth are really sweet together and we only saw a couple of pages of them then the book finished and then Percy went MIA! I was like: You've got to be kidding me! :O

message 35: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "Yes I was actually really gutted Percy wasn't in The Lost Hero, him and Annabeth are really sweet together and we only saw a couple of pages of them then the book finished and then Percy went MIA! ..."

I KNOW!!! I had shivers all over my back and it was REALLY REALLY REALLy xgoogle disapointing that Percy didn't show up! I hate Hera ._.

message 36: by Liliana (last edited Mar 18, 2011 08:32PM) (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) OMG dont even remind me of Hera!! She is me least favorite God/Goddess. But I can understand why she did that (view spoiler)

message 37: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) Liliana ♥'s Jace ;) wrote: "OMG dont even remind me of Hera!! She is me least favorite God/Goddess. But I can understand why she did that [spoilers removed]"

I KNOWW!!! RIGHT??!! She ruined my moment, I thought he was gonna show up but it was just Hera ._.
But i like how Thalia is a kind of a main character

message 38: by Liliana (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) Me too!! I actually liked Thalia wayyyy better in this book than in the Percy Jackson books.

message 39: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) Totally! What REALLY bugs me is that the new book is coming out on October D:

message 40: by Liliana (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) OMG I know!!!! Its soooo long from now!! Even worse, that Percy is going to be in it for sure. (view spoiler)

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments I know I can't believe I have to wait so long, specially as I read The Lost Hero in like a day! :O

Yea I'm not too keen on Hera. Thalia, I definitely liked better in that book. She was a bit too 'I know best' in the other books.

message 42: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) I KNOWW!!! arghh Percy better remember Annabeth or i will find some kind of way to enter the book and start annoying him into liking her!
And that TOTALLY sucks because we're fast readers that the authors take 1 year to make the book and make it perfect for us and then we read it on 1 day ._.
I was always on Team Percy and Annabeth <3 :3
LOL thats why i loved Thalia! Bossing and funny :3 thought i really miss Zoe :(

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Yes I love Percy and Annabeth! :)
I can't really decide which God/Goddess I liked best. But I'm so thankful to Rick Rhiordan for writing these books ... it's taught me all about Greek (and now Roman) mythology. :D

message 44: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) SAME!! I knew the greek stuff but know i know wayy more than i used to and its thanks to him <3 although from the beginning i didn't like romans.... i think i still don't!

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments Yes I definitely prefer the Greek stuff.

message 46: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) Totally! :P

Six-Fingered Nigel | 159 comments I just read this awesome book: Tomorrow, When the War Began (The Tomorrow Series, #1) by John Marsden I'm about to get started on the next book in the series. I highly recommend this book.

message 48: by Liliana (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "Yes I love Percy and Annabeth! :)
I can't really decide which God/Goddess I liked best. But I'm so thankful to Rick Rhiordan for writing these books ... it's taught me all about Greek (and now Rom..."

Same here. I have a favorite God :) Its Apollo...I loved him!! :D

Six-Fingered Nigel wrote: "I just read this awesome book: Tomorrow, When the War Began (The Tomorrow Series, #1) by John Marsden I'm about to get started on the next book in the series. I highly recommend this book."

What is it about?

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily Jazmyn wrote: "Has anyone read the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson? If so, are they good?"

Yep! I loved them! Highly reccomend them to ANYONE!

message 50: by Xena (new)

Xena (Keroberochan) Tommorrow when the war began?
I'm sure that came out last year in a movie...
Australian actors were in it and i heard the movie was good ._.

« previous 1