Contests > Entries

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) I will once I Finnish!

message 2: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Okay!

message 3: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) I'm not ready yet on thing I learned as a mod is you have to be patient .

message 4: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) I see!

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (littledhampir25) | 17 comments is it too late for me to make an entree?

message 6: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) I don't think so.

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (littledhampir25) | 17 comments oh okay. I think ill hold off this week. Ill do next weeks though.

message 8: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Me too sorry stef.

message 9: by Angel (new)

Angel Degrass/Darkness (angelofdarkness) Ill be entering this weeks.

message 10: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin Roses are black
Love birds are too
If your with hitler i will kill you

P.s. i really hate, loath, despise, won to to kill, and murder hitler

message 11: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin sorry I"m just really bugged and watched conquers of shamballah so kind of dark poem

message 12: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Kaitlin wrote: "Roses are black
Love birds are too
If your with hitler i will kill you

P.s. i really hate, loath, despise, won to to kill, and murder hitler"

Well I have news for you HE IS ALREADY DEAD!

message 13: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) ?????????????????????????????

message 14: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) OHHHHH I see!

message 15: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Cool I need to start mine...

message 16: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Okay I'm a bit of a procastanator

message 17: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Thanks!

message 18: by Kaitlin (new)

Kaitlin i was saying that i hate Hitler a lot cause i just watched a movie about him understand

message 19: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Okay here is my entry

Sherlock Holems

Need I say more?

message 20: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) I know but you need to post a new topic and i put that there because I knew it was over and no one would take me seriously!

message 21: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) I see...

message 22: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Next wek you should do a midevil them that would be totaly awsome!!!!

message 23: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Well you should do a midevil one!!!!

message 24: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (littledhampir25) | 17 comments the topic is Highschool

message 25: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) its okay...

message 26: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Sorry I have never been to HS.

message 27: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) okay thx!

message 28: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Coolio!

message 29: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (mintcat) Coolio thx!

message 30: by Angel (new)

Angel Degrass/Darkness (angelofdarkness) I would enter, but I'm just too busy... Sorry.

message 31: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (alwaysrebecca) I will when I stop having homework to do instead of write.

message 32: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Stef wrote: "Come on, pleasE?!?!!"

I know it's really late...but could I still enter?

message 33: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Okie dokie, I'll do it as soon as possible. However, I am trying to write 50,000 words of my novel this month, so I might not finish until this weekend...at latest, I promise. :)

message 34: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Okay, so I wrote it during first period today and I'm typing it up now :D

message 35: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Okay, so I wrote it during first period today and I'm typing it up now :D

message 36: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) So my mom randomly dragged me to my sister's band concert before I could post it but I have like a teeny bit of formatting and it should be up in approximately five minutes.

message 37: by Autumn (last edited Mar 08, 2011 03:02PM) (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) 2 MINUTES!!

Don't Forget by Autumn Day

“You’re so stupid,” I giggled, gently tousling his hair. Teasing.

He grinned. “You’re so mean.”

“I’d rather be mean than stupid,” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Mean people have no friends.”

“Aren’t you my friend?”

“Definitely not.”

“No don’t mind me,” she made a face. Oops. I’d forgotten she was there.

~~~
“Long time no talk,” he shoves his hands in his pockets, staring at the ground.

“Yep.” The fact that I have nothing to say is further proof that I must say it. The silence we usually share isn’t like this; that silence is content and full of shared thoughts. This is just awkward.

He scuffs his shoes on the sidewalk, staring at the weathered walkway. I search for the words I want to say, but none come to mind. I don’t know how to break this to him.

“Well, I think I should go,” he holds his arms out and I hug him, like nothing’s wrong. I hold him, inhaling deeply, knowing this might be the last time I can ever do this.

And then his face loomed in front of mine.

~~~

“Do you like me?” I couldn’t believe I’d even asked that. The combination of loneliness and fatigue had increased my impulsivity by tenfold.

But the results hadn’t been terrible, at least. “Maybe.”

“Maybe what?”

“What do you mean, ‘maybe what?’”

“Maybe yes or maybe no or maybe I don’t know...”

“Or yes.”

Who was I kidding? I hadn’t even been able to fall sleep from the smile on my face.

~~~

I couldn’t kiss him. Not with what I was about to say. I had to say it...I didn’t want to hurt him...no, I had to. I pull away and his blue irises deepen with concern, blonde hair falls into his eyes. The shadow produced on darkens his expression.

He knows something is wrong.

~~~

This smile on my face was so big, it hurt. My face might have cracked if he hadn’t come back in.

My second kiss was even longer than the first, if only by a few seconds. My heart was soaring, expanding and beaming. When it was over, I kept hold of his hand, intertwining and retwining our fingers.

“Wow,” I whispered, inarticulate and breathless.

He nodded, apparently sharing the loss for words.

~~~

Wordlessly, he stares deep into my eyes. We didn’t need to speak, we could sense each other’s feelings without a word. Only, in this case, it was a negative.

“You know what I’m going to say, don’t you?” I breathed, my voice low. I am acutely aware that his hand has just dropped mine. My breathing is no longer stead.

~~~

“Why can’t I?” I traced his name into the back of his palm over and over, leaning into his chest. His arms tightened around me and I sighed in the blissful warmth.

“Your mom would kill me,” he laughed quietly, dropping my hand to stroke my hair.

“Are you afraid of my mommy?” I teased.

“Sure am. Your daddy too,” he said into my ear.

“I don’t want to go,” I whined, squeezing my hand.

“And I don’t want to let you.”

~~~

His eyes are full of question, or more so the same question repeated over and over—why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? He knows what I’m saying, he knows that I’m breaking his heart.

“I...I just...” My voice falters, I’m unable to get it out. His blue eyes are words: betrayal, love, sadness...pain.

I can’t get the words out. There is only one emotion on his face now—anger, pure and unmistakable.

~~~

“Can I look yet?”

“No, stop asking!”

“I want to look!” I iggigled, stumbling into him.

“Whoa!” I felt his muscles tense as he tried to catch me, but gravity proved more powerful and we tumbled to the ground.

“Okay, can I look now?” I asked, removing the bandana he’d wrapped around my eyes.

“No,” he helped me untangle it from my hair, laughing.

We were in the neighborhood park, long abandoned by the children fearing nightfall. Candles decorated the woods and a picnic blanket was laid out just a few feet away.

I gasped, turning to face him.

“Happy anniversary,” he smiled.

~~~

“I loved you.” His voice is ragged and pained. I cringe, wanting to take it all back. “I gave you everything I could possibly give. I centered my whole world around you. i thought about you every second of every day, wondering how to make you happy.”

I swallow hard, unable to pass the lump in my throat through.

Apologize. That’s what I needed to do. And I needed to explain.

I open my mouth, but before words can come out, he shakes his head at me.

Silently, he turns his back to me. There is a gentle breeze lulling through the air, dancing in his hair as he saunters away. I want to call after him, to run and hold him in my arms. But then I remember his eyes. I know there is no hope for me.

~~~

“I love you,” he whispered, his forehead pressed to mine.

“I love you too,” I smiled, running a hand through his hair.

“Don’t forget,” he added.

~~~

“—Pretty sure you know how to leave a message, so I won’t explain.” There’d only been one ring. I knew the ignore button had been pressed, possibly even stabbed. Wiping a tear from my eye, I press my finger on “end.”

To the dark emptiness around me, I whisper, “I won’t forget. I can never forget.”

message 38: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Yea, it was kind of better in my imagination :P

message 39: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Yours was too :(

message 40: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) (Are we ever going to judge these?)

message 41: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (flwurautumn) Lol, okay :)