We LoveFilm discussion

The Lounge > Seating preference

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore When you go out to a movie theater, where do you ladies prefer to sit?

The drive-in will always be my preference; but that's rarely an option anymore. When I do go to the movies, I prefer to sit in the very back, near the aisle. Of course, some stranger will always sit right next to me eating nacho's and cheese, crunching the chips, and then texting throughout the entire movie, LOL!

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments LOL! Michelle, I like to sit in the middle. I can't sit up close b/c my eyes hurt. The back is too crowded most of the time. I always sit by the people who love to chat. I always sit in front of the person who loves to kick their feet out and knock my seat repeatedly. I like to sit in the middle of the row unless its not crowded then I want to sit by the aisle.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Ugh! What's with the kicking?! While sitting in the very back, I've noticed people doing that to person in front of them. The last time I sat in the middle was when I saw 30 Days of Night. My brother and I met up on a week day for a 1:40 showing, and the theater was packed! I guess all the scardy cats had the same idea, LOL! But even then, I swear Nacho Man aka The Texter sat right next to me!!

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Haha!

message 5: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
Haha ... Nacho Man aka The Texter, funny.

I prefer to sit in the middle of the theatre right in the middle seat. I like having a full view of the screen. Can't sit in front because of my eyes. Besides I'm also far too tall, I'll be craning my neck the whole time. I've been lucky to not sit next to any obnoxious people. At least not recently.

I really hate when people either forget to switch off or silence (some people do it deliberately) their cell phones. I hate when people try to drain their soda cups by slurping up the last drop and disturbing every body else, and finally I hate when people are constantly getting up to go to the toilet or to make a phone call. I find this very annoying.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Well we sit in the same section of the theatre D. I really don't understand the whole getting up thing. I make sure I go to the bathroom before I go in. I make sure my phone is off and away. I can live without if for 2 hours. As far as food, if I eat the annoying stuff, I try to eat that before the film starts. Right while the previews and commercials are displaying because I can't hear with myself crunching. LOL. Normally I like to go out to a restaurant and eat afterwards so I really don't eat at the movies.

message 7: by Davina, The Modster (new)

Davina D. | 693 comments Mod
Samantha wrote: "Normally I like to go out to a restaurant and eat afterwards so I really don't eat at the movies."

Me too! I love doing this because it gives us a chance to chat about the flick.

message 8: by Michelle (last edited Jan 29, 2011 01:18PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore Going out to eat after the movie is the best part ;o)

message 9: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 40 comments We usually sit slightly more to the front of the theater and in the middle of the row. I'm short and want to be close enough where tall people won't block my view of the screen and where I can sort of... "get lost" in the experience of the movie but not too close. We also try to make sure nobody is around us. We wait until the movie has shown for several days and the theater isn't crowded anymore. That way nobody complains about us - and we aren't distracted by anyone else either.

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Lee that brings up another thing. I don't like going to movies on the opening night or weekend. I notice my tolerance is low and I tend to snap at Mr and Mrs. Kick the back of my chair.

message 11: by Michelle (last edited Feb 03, 2011 06:33AM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore I never go to the movies during the first week either. Not since the remake of Planet of the Apes. I bought tickets in advance, went out of my way to a nicer theater, and the whole experience was ruined by the noise of a packed theater. I didn't sit next to Mr and Mrs Kick, but their cousins Mr and Mrs. Chit Chat. Ugh! They were debating the whole time over some issue going on in France. Seriously, I thought I was candid camera or something.

message 12: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments You know what, I hate going to comedies as well during the first week. Everyone laughs so loud and you can't hear what they say next. Lol. Oh cousin Mr and Mrs. Chit Chat. I get them a lot too.

message 13: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Metz | 40 comments I totally agree.

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessarichardson) | 7 comments I like to sit in the back.

message 15: by Michael (new)

Michael (mikedecshop) I also never go to a movie on opening weekend. I usually wait about 2 weeks. I actually prefer a near empty theatre.

I like the aisle about 2/3's the way up.
There is one draw back to attending a near empty theatre sometimes I nod off even in a movie I am enjoying. I think it's something in the popcorn.

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments LOL! I never really fell asleep in at the movies before. I think once but I was extremely tired and the film wasn't good. But I'm in agreement with you Michael, I like a nearly empty theatre.

message 17: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore I too like a nearly empty theater. I just seem to enjoy the movie so much more that way.

message 18: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 867 comments Yeah b/c Mr and Mrs. Chit Chat and their cousins Mr and Mrs. Kick aren't around. LOL

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Samantha wrote: "Yeah b/c Mr and Mrs. Chit Chat and their cousins Mr and Mrs. Kick aren't around. LOL"

LOL! Don't forget the Mr and Mrs Text.