THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB discussion

Authors and Their Books > M.L. HAMILTON - EMERALD...A REAL JEM!!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rick-Founder JM CM BOOK CLUB  | 7278 comments Mod
http://www.worldofsamar.com/

ML Hamilton has been teaching high school English and journalism in Central California for the last 18 years. She has been writing fantasy since high school, but realized that bringing her novel to fruition might take some time. She chose the next best thing: sharing her love of literature with her students.

Emerald by M.L. Hamilton

In one terrible instant, Kai is thrown from his privileged life and plunged into a conflict that began before he was born. Worse yet, he learns that the one man who can help him is his enemy. Kiameron is the crown prince of DiNolfol. He is torn between two destinies - assuming the crown upon his father's death or answering the call of his non-Human traits, abilities as...moreIn one terrible instant, Kai is thrown from his privileged life and plunged into a conflict that began before he was born. Worse yet, he learns that the one man who can help him is his enemy. Kiameron is the crown prince of DiNolfol. He is torn between two destinies - assuming the crown upon his father's death or answering the call of his non-Human traits, abilities associated with the mysterious Stravad. The decision is made for him with the destruction of everything he holds dear. Armed with his burgeoning powers and a mysterious talisman that he does not know how to use, Kai strikes back at Gava, the despot who destroyed his life. Crippled by self-doubt and fear, he falters in his quest, until he meets a man who forces him to take action. However, his new ally is hiding secrets, secrets that will rob Kai of everything he holds sacred

Emerald is her first novel, but she has written six other books in the World of Samar series. She also has a contemporary fiction manuscript, entitled Ravensong, which made it to the second round of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest in 2009.

As the mother of three teenagers and a house shared with four pets, writing provides a welcome escape from the complexity of a demanding schedule.

Emerald by M.L. Hamilton

message 2: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Hamilton | 4 comments Thank you so much, Rick. I appreciate the introduction.

Please visit me at my website or follow me on Twitter @ EmeraldAuthor. I look forward to meeting everyone and discussing my favorite topic, books, with you.

Emerald by M.L. Hamilton

M.L. wrote: "Thank you so much, Rick. I appreciate the introduction.

Please visit me at my website or follow me on Twitter @ EmeraldAuthor. I look forward to meeting everyone and discussing my favorite topic..."

my pleasure M.L. - wonderful book!!

message 4: by M.L. (last edited Feb 12, 2011 03:18PM) (new)

M.L. Hamilton | 4 comments I have just been accepted for the Author Booth at the California State Fair in July. If you are from California, mark it on your calendar and come say hi.

M.L. wrote: "I have just been accepted for the Author Booth at the California State Fair in August. If you are from California, mark it on your calendar and come say hi."

congrats ML- so well deserved!!!

message 6: by M.L. (new)

M.L. Hamilton | 4 comments Rick wrote: "M.L. wrote: "I have just been accepted for the Author Booth at the California State Fair in August. If you are from California, mark it on your calendar and come say hi."

congrats ML- so well de..."

Thank you, Rick.

THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Emerald (other topics)