Problems with Life/Emos and Goths discussion

Problems > Drinking

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) Alcohol consumption can be a big part of dealing with this. Just yesterday I made a HUGE mistake. I got a water bottle and emptied it. Then I feel it with smirnoff. I drank it all. I have no idea why! I just dont get it! WHATS WRONG WITH ME!? Am I crazy or something, whenever I take the risks. Cut, drink, hurt others, and just damage myself, others, or things it makes me feel better. You're told to not do all this stuff so your tempted to do it. I dont wanna be cool or badass! I wanna live my life happy.

○Master of Zombies○~Haunted~ DarkScreech (revengeismurdermotive) | 341 comments Drink = temporary happy.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) Drink=temporary happy (I agree)

○Master of Zombies○~Haunted~ DarkScreech (revengeismurdermotive) | 341 comments whiskey won't do anything for me, but vodka sure as hell does.

message 5: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) I took a gulp of whiskey and was like OMG!!! It wasnt good to me. Then I drank the smirnoff (type of vodka) and thought it was magic.

○Master of Zombies○~Haunted~ DarkScreech (revengeismurdermotive) | 341 comments oh, vodka IS magic.

message 7: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) Hahahaha, depending on ur age....should u be drinking?

○Master of Zombies○~Haunted~ DarkScreech (revengeismurdermotive) | 341 comments 13.
No.
But it makes me forget things I need to forget.

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) Here can you message me?

○Master of Zombies○~Haunted~ DarkScreech (revengeismurdermotive) | 341 comments you message me first.
I have to go.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) okay

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments alcoholism is a BIG PROBLEM in my family :(

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) Really? It was with my sis, KINDA. And now im starting. I NEED SOME

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments Sabore wrote: "Really? It was with my sis, KINDA. And now im starting. I NEED SOME"

yes really :(

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (betweenmypages) That stinks.....is it a prob with u?

Blood Bone and Muscle | 82 comments My mothers a doctor, she wouldn't want me to ruin myself from the inside... plus everything about alcohol reeks. Like, bad.

Marissa "one of the crazy seven" Bacon | 1836 comments Sabore wrote: "That stinks.....is it a prob with u?"

well ive tried alcohol before but it was monitored so i was fine

message 18: by KB (new)

KB Love is our weapon (kaitybugs) | 881 comments Blood Bone and Muscle wrote: "My mothers a doctor, she wouldn't want me to ruin myself from the inside... plus everything about alcohol reeks. Like, bad."

I won't ever drink, ever. Or take drugs I don't want to run that risk. Tell you're parents I say hi!

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 03, 2011 05:20PM) (new)

Once, I had this Pomegranate Mike's Hard Lemonade, and I was in a pretty... giggly mood, I guess. Though I just get like that sometimes, so I'm not sure if it was really the alcohol or just the placebo effect...

I've never really liked the taste of alcohol, and the only time I really had any straight up was Sake at Soho... but that was because my brother had a whole bottle to himself. It was so weird... It almost had a sensation of cough-syrup, but it tasted like wine without any sweetness. I guess that makes sense though, because it is rice wine...

message 20: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments one min, how can you be 13 and drink, my parents would know right away, ugg, i have to wait til i go to college!

message 21: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments 13??

my ex crush drinks smokes im not really sure bout drugs, and he does lots of other stuff hes 13 now!!.... just the other day he got expellled for...you dont wanna know! but i mean hes 13 now and he drank when he was in yr 7 if not be4 (didnt know him be4 dat!)

dont know why i even liked him in the first place!!

message 22: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments wow, i cant find guys like that even if i want to, i go to a private school filled with shitty rich brats, we cant even wear eyeliner, or piercing!

message 23: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments so do I!!

well were not allowed wear anything!!! not even coloured socks :L

but he doesnt drink in skool! lol!

message 24: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments ohh yeah, not allowed wear nail paint, cannot swear, cannot chew gum or anything!!!

but people do it anyways. and HE does is coz he IS a shitty rich brat!! :L

i cannot believe i had a crush on him :S

message 25: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments OMG, I hate school, you know, im gonna hold out a petition for makeup, piercings and and all the stuff i fell we should be allowed to have...

message 26: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments eww i hate makeup!! hahaha i cannot wear eyeliner at all!! my frinds tried putting it on me but they all failed!!

and we are allowed ear piecing but were only allowed wear the reallyyy tinyyyy earings (studs)

message 27: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments yeah, i have ear piercind anyways, but i want one benith my lower lip

message 28: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments thats cool :)

i have my ears pierced but i never wear earrings :D

message 29: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments H&M used to have cool earrings, but i was disappointed not to find anything my style yesterday...

message 30: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments aww :(

Accesorize is that best though!!! XD loveee it!

message 31: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments OMG have any of you guys had wine?? My mom got a wine hang over and she said it SUCKED! I have drank beer monitored... and wine while my mom sleeps never had much alcohol in my house. Now I live with my uncle and there is vodka and all that stuff...

message 32: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments wine is good, beer, i was alowed to have it over new years, i didnt drink it scared it might get addicting

message 33: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments 1
TOP RATEDanonymous
12345click a star to voteNov 6th 2006, 16:22

I actually read an interview saying that gerard wrote this song after a ride on a subway where he was surrounded with teenagers and for the first time he felt frightened of them, and he said it was the first time he really felt old.

There's also many references to school shootings (columbine, etc.) like when he sings:
but when you're troubled and hurt,
what you got under your shirt,
will make them pay for the things that they did.

It's really just how corrupted us teenagers have become and how teenagers of any generation will always scare their elders.

TOP RATEDanonymous
12345click a star to voteDec 7th 2006, 10:57

It seems to me that this song is a combination of the previous interpretations: Yes, it started when he was on a train with a bunch of "Hot Topic" punks/emos, but it's a little deeper than that. Remember when you were a teenager (ok, you probably still are) and you felt like the world was out to get you, and you had to look diffrent to scare people or put up a defense? The kids they're talking about are just like that, putting up a defense. They're trying to scare adults on purpose, by wearing black or looking violent. The funny thing is it backfires, and hooks them in with a bunch of teens just like them, people who want to be noncomformists but end up conforming to the "Hot Topic" personality. There are indeed refrences to violence, but someone suggested that what he has "under his shirt" could be scars: Attempted suicide, cutting, even scars from a knife fight: They're something people keep secret and can scare or even hurt other, especially older, people. If you were a mother or an aunt, even a teacher, what would you think if you met a kid with scars all over his torso? It would threaten you and weaken your authority.

The first verse represents paranoia: He's putting himself back into a teenage perspective, worrying that adults are watching every step and forcing him to conform.

The "Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me" is Gerard trying to hook himself back into the "Scene" of "Hot Topic" punks/emos today- he's telling his fans that he still thinks like them and knows what they're going through.

Did that make any sense?

TOP RATEDanonymous
12345click a star to voteDec 2nd 2006, 16:40

MCR is not actually scared of teenagers.
They stated in an interview that this was about how teenagers are made to feel that they have to be violent or made to feel worthless.
Hello, Gerard lived those feelings when he was in highschool.

They're making a point about society, duh.

message 34: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments Wine is good, its even better with chocolate. :) beer I loved when i was like 6.. not so much any more..

message 35: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments beer is kinda i dont know, not like wine, but champagne tastes the best

message 36: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments Never had champagne.. My family doesn't buy it very often, its expensive. :-/

message 37: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments i am not sure if it was champagne, maybe it was beer, i tasted it when my brothers babysitter was drunk and put the whole bottle of what-ever-it-is down my throat that my dad was drinking

message 38: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments Oh, great.

message 39: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments that was years ago

message 40: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments i was in a hotel once and i had dessert, i didnt realise it had wine in it, so when i ate it i just spit it out, it tasted DISGUISTING!! eww!!

well i dont really know why i joined this topic coz i dont drink at all coz in my religion we just dont drink!!!

and i've had winee in a few sweets before but i didnt realise it had it. but anyways i hated the taste of it :L

message 41: by Maddie (last edited Feb 08, 2011 11:30AM) (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments Alcohol is in A LOT of stuff...

message 42: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments true :)

There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life. And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F.

Hahah! made me laugh :D

message 43: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments (the thing i just posted and not wut Ava said) :D

message 44: by Maddie (new)

Maddie  | 182 comments Made me smile. :)

message 45: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments :D yayy! :D

message 46: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments =)

message 47: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments hehe XD

i just go to fb and read all the groups! its quite sad! ahahha XD

message 48: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments yep! lots of them :D

not groups like those (the ones where we talk in bout topics)

groups like "There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life. And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F."

lol! X)

message 49: by Selin (new)

Selin | 292 comments omg, that is totally FUNNY! LOL

message 50: by Alya (new)

Alya  (alyaaaa) | 235 comments XD

« previous 1 3