Q&A with Kaitlyn O'Connor discussion

How often do you re-read a book?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn O'Connor (kaitlynoconnor) | 44 comments Mod
I almost never read through a book again, but I just can't stand getting rid of a 'keeper.'

message 2: by Mari (new)

Mari (marismutduchess) I do re-read some books. Particularly after a long day. I don’t always feel like becoming emotionally invested in new characters and storylines so I will curl up and re-read an old favorite. There are no surprises and I usually find something that I missed during the first read. I find it very soothing. I think its rather like watching a favorite movie several times but since I’m not a ‘TV’ person I turn to my books.

I’ve re-read several of your books more than once. For me they are the perfect length for an evening of reading. I enjoy your characters and storylines. I’ve read the Cyborg series more times than I’d care to admit. I also like the Hirachi and I’ve re-read their stories. Dark Abyss, Chaos Forged and Sleeping With the Enemy are other favorites.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I have a few that I reread once or more a year. Others that I'll reread when the mood strikes.

message 4: by Cinquetta (last edited Jan 26, 2011 05:48PM) (new)

Cinquetta (darkfaer) | 10 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I have a few that I reread once or more a year. Others that I'll reread when the mood strikes."
I am with Pamale on this one.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (skane) | 17 comments I have reread some favorites after many years including books by Mary Stewart, Agatha Christie, and Ellis Peters. I reread at least parts of several of yours every now and then. My favorites to reread are the Cyborg and the Hirachi series. Maybe with books that depend on suspense I have to wait until I have forgotten enough of it.

message 6: by ValerieC (last edited Jan 26, 2011 10:38PM) (new)

ValerieC (keyboardkat) | 14 comments I am a series reader (love that never-ending story). I will buy every book in a series. I have read the Cyborg stories twice, and will read them again for sure. I like kidnap stories with HEAs .

My top 2 books that I read every few months: 'Wolfen' by Madelaine Montague (I do not know why, but I like the flustered heroine and all the guys and the babies) and 'Alas, Babylon' which I have been reading on and off since I was a teenager.

I also re-read previous books in a series when the next one has a really long gap between books (like the Breeds series). I read so much that I don't remember something from a year ago, necessarily so I feel a need to backtrack a little.

message 7: by Mari (new)

Mari (marismutduchess) I enjoyed Wolfen as well.
Call of the Wolf, Hunger of the Wolf, Wolf and Hierarchy were also fun reads by Madelaine Montague.

Lora Leigh's Breed series is excellent as well.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (skane) | 17 comments I like Madelaine Montague's books, too. Another writer whose books I almost always like is Angeligue Anjou. I think I read "Alas Babylon" a long time ago. I'll have to look at that again.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (skane) | 17 comments There is something about rereading old or not so old favorites that is comfortable and relaxing.

message 10: by Kaitlyn (new)

I read Alas Babylon numerous times. It's one of the rare ones I can read more than once. Of course, it helps that I let so much time pass. At the moment, I couldn't really tell you what all happens in that book. Its been a few years for me....

message 11: by Therinia (new)

Therinia  (therinia) I tend to reread books when I'm upset. My comfort books. I can usually read them quickly, because I'm familiar with the story. Abiogenesis, The Prize, Ja-Rael's Lioness, Ransom, The Blue Sword, Restoree, A Brother's Price. Books that give me a warm fuzzy when I read. If it is part of a series, I'll reread the whole series quickly, or scan through to my favorite parts.

message 12: by ValerieC (last edited Jan 27, 2011 08:01PM) (new)

ValerieC (keyboardkat) | 14 comments Mari wrote: "I enjoyed Wolfen as well.
Call of the Wolf, Hunger of the Wolf, Wolf and Hierarchy were also fun reads by Madelaine Montague."

I love all of those! I really do like almost all of her books.

message 13: by ValerieC (last edited Jan 27, 2011 08:11PM) (new)

ValerieC (keyboardkat) | 14 comments Kaitlyn wrote: "I almost never read through a book again, but I just can't stand getting rid of a 'keeper.'"

That's what I used to tell my family when books were overwhelming us... they got me a Kindle and I got all of my favs that were available on that, and I buy a ridiculous amount of Kindle books every week. I can actually take most of the books I own everywhere I go!

I hope all GoodReads authors make sure Kindle books are available for their books. There are millions of Kindles out there... probably over 3 million. Alternatively, let us know in the book descriptions where we can get a .mobi, or .prc copy.

message 14: by Sunny (new)

Sunny | 2 comments I have quite some books on my keeper shelf and reread almost all of your books to get back into the series.
I think it´s important that these books have funny dialogs to be read once again.

message 15: by Pam (new)

Pam | 6 comments I find that I re-read a book on average of 3-4 times a year.

I've read The Stand by Stephen King at least 3 times. This year I bought Dara Joy's Knight of a Trillion Stars and Rejar for the Nook and re-read them both.
I also re-read When Dawn Breaks and Dark Prince, so I've already reached my usual quota quite early, lol!

I also have a serious addiction to ebooks because I buy at least 5 e-books a week ;P

message 16: by Kaitlyn (new)

I think more people should get into reading. It not only helps with the imagination, it helps people develop better empathy and we could certainly use more of that these days!

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Blue (chester_419) | 5 comments never!

message 18: by Olkoi (new)

Olkoi | 5 comments I do not re-read books nornmally. There is only one which I read several times. It is Sydney Sheldon If tomorrow comes.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I re-read books that I enjoyed. I tend to re-read my favorite authors multiple times. Sometimes when a new book in the series comes out, I'll go back and read the rest again or simply revisit my favorite scenes.

I've read a lot of your stories multiple times. Sometimes I skip over paragraphs when I read for the first time because I'm so intent on finding out how the story ends. Then I re-read for full enjoyment.