Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Call of the Wild (0-812-50432-1)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments When I entered the ISBN, the edition I am directed to is different than the book I have in my hands. Everything is correct except the page number and the publisher says "Aerie" when my copy says "Tor."

message 2: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments I notice that the number on there,128, is the page numbers plus the roman numeral pages at the beginning.

message 3: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments I am going to fix the page number but I ams still unsure about the publisher...

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26635 comments Stop!!!!

Carl you have an alternative edition, please put back the page numbers, as they were.

You need to create an alternative edition of the book you have in your hand. Alternative Cover Information

message 5: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments It has the same cover and everything though...The only thing is the publisher says Aerie where everywhere else it says Tor and the page number that was there is the exact same had the roman numeral pages been added which they aren't supposed to.

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26635 comments It is still an alternative edition, you said it was a different publisher and different page count.

Are the roman numerals at the front or the back of the book? Have you got a copy of the other version to know that it is just the roman numerals?

message 7: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments The roman numerals are in the front. I read the Manual about page count and those pages should not be counted. Had they been counted the page number that was on the site would be correct. Meaning they most likely counted the roman numerals. The title of the edition I'm looking at says "Complete Tor Classic" (Which shouldn't be in the title but in the edition field I presume). In the publisher field it says Aerie which doesn't make sense...I just googled around and there is a different edition with the exact same cover and isbn with different page number and publisher...It's all very confusing but I guess I'll just make an alternate cover then.

message 8: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments The thing that I don't understand is that apparently the Publishing date, ISBN, and cover art are all exactly the same...

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26635 comments That happens all the time Carl. Don't worry :)

Aerie is probably an imprint of Tor, and you just have a different version of the book, like UK vs US or something similar.

message 10: by Carl (new)

Carl (clarinetplayerperson) | 18 comments =P stupidness! Well I hope I did all this right when I made an alternate cover edition.

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26635 comments Looks beautiful Carl!