Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Hello

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kass (new)

Kass | 16 comments Hey there my name is Kass and I live in Australia. I think that some of our best authors write for young adults. My favourites are Isobelle Carmody, Melina Marchetta and John Marsden.

I love reading fantasy for young adults and crime/mystery and non-fiction for adults.

I am a school teacher who is passionate about encouraging a love of reading. I teach early years so read mostly picture books - which I love!!! The adventures of 'Mr Mcgee' and 'Hairy Mclairy' never get old.

I read a couple of Enid Blyton books to my class a couple of years ago and my toughest 9 year old student was my most rapt listener. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to old books - not a fan of changing names to make them more pc. My kids giggled the first time I said 'Dick' I explained the name they moved on and loved the stories.

Looking forward to being a part of this group. I love recommending books, I have to bite my tongue when I'm in bookshops and someone asks the assistant for help. I so desperately want to introduce them to my favourites. Also looking forward to recommendations - have already written a few down and will soon head to the library.

Talk soon
Kass

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Glad you joined us, Kass! We also have a topic here just for educators to discuss trade secrets. Ok, maybe not secrets, but definitely suggestions and ideas. :-)

Here's a link http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

message 3: by Rita (new)

Rita Webb (ritawebb) | 183 comments Hi, Kass. I really like this group, and I hope you enjoy it too.

message 4: by Kass (new)

Kass | 16 comments AngelaSunshine wrote: "Glad you joined us, Kass! We also have a topic here just for educators to discuss trade secrets. Ok, maybe not secrets, but definitely suggestions and ideas. :-)

Here's a link http://www.goodreads..."

Thanks AngelaSunshine, I had a look and even added a thread, looking forward to spending some time there.