VAMPS-R-US discussion

Author Lair > Blog: Why I love vampires (and contest)

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (last edited Jan 23, 2011 08:13AM) (new)

Mary Abshire (maryabshire) Hi Everyone,
Want to know why I love vampires? Stop by and read my blog posting on VampChix. If you leave me a comment telling me why you love vampires, you will be entered for a chance to win an electronic copy of my book, Claiming the Evil Dead by Mary Abshire

Here is the link http://vampchixreadbooks.blogspot.com...

Contest runs through 2/3/2011
Good luck and long live vampires!
Mary Abshire

message 2: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments Hello:
I love vampires to and have created a whole new type of vampire for a piece I'm working on. I have to admit that I prefer vampires in their raw nature as soulless killers who live off the blood of their victims, their ecstacy derived from draining a living body of all signs of life.
Unfortunately...these are not the vampires of today's marketplace so, being a man, I've had to suck it up (no pun intended), and learn to enjoy the current offerings! Eh, it could be worse; we could have no new vampire stories.
Have a Great Day!!!
The "Creature"

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 73 comments Creature,

I agree wuith you about having little interest in the touchy-feely vampires that dominate the market today. Have you looked at David Wellington's vampire series, which begians with 13 BULLETS, or Guiller4mo del Toro/Chuck Hogan's trilogy, which begins with THE STRAIN? These are bad-ass vampires. Also, if I may be self-serving, check out mt vampire trilogy, which begins with THE VAMPIRE HUNTERS. I wrote my books because I was tired of seeing vampires with souls or vampires that glittered. Check them out at scottmbakerauthor.blogspot.com.

message 4: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments hey Scott:
How's it going. Who could forget Vampyrnomicon. I'll run over to blogspot and check it out.
I'd heard Del Toro's vampires were really cool but never heard of Wellington's books so I'll have to check 'em out.
Have a Great Day!!!
John (aka, the "Creature")

message 5: by Creature (last edited Jan 23, 2011 09:25AM) (new)

Creature | 124 comments Oh, Hey Scott:
How's the Lagomorphs???
Have a Phenomonal Sunday!!!
The "Creature"

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott Baker | 73 comments They're all great. Have Daddy wrapped around their little paws -- as always.

message 7: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments Some things never change (LOL).
Have a Great Evening!!!
The "Creature"

message 9: by Will (new)

Will Granger | 5 comments I completely agree with you about liking my vampires as "soulless killers". It seems that every bookstore now has a large paranormal romance section filled with the romantic modern type. I finally got tried of this and just wrote a short story, Vampire Truths with my take on what life would really be like as a vampire. If any of you are interested, I'll be happy to send you a free electronic copy.
Vampire Truths by Will Granger

I also have an excerpt on my blog at: http://baddreamsgranger.blogspot.com/...

message 10: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Tiffany (vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
Creature wrote: "Hello:
I love vampires to and have created a whole new type of vampire for a piece I'm working on. I have to admit that I prefer vampires in their raw nature as soulless killers who live off t..."

There r still some out there! U just have to search for them.....

The Darkest Heart by Thea Devine

Blood Law (Alexandra Sabian, #1) by Jeannie Holmes Blood Secrets (Alexandra Sabian, #2) by Jeannie Holmes

Blood Memories (Vampire Memories, #1) by Barb Hendee Hunting Memories (Vampire Memories, #2) by Barb Hendee Memories of Envy (Vampire Memories, #3) by Barb Hendee In Memories We Fear (Vampire Memories, #4) by Barb Hendee

message 11: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments Hello Tiffany:
Thanx for the heads up. I'll check 'em out. Oh, and this time I won't forget the garlic, holy water, silver cross, stakes (and steaks, just in case we're still out by breakfast, hm, maybe I'll bring eggs to). Hey, a guy can get hungry goin' around all the local neighborhoods looking for good, old-fashioned, kill 'em and leave 'em vampire...books.
Have a Great Day!!!
The "Creature"

message 12: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

Lmfao! Also b sure to bring a raw juicy steak, vamps like to suck all the succulent blood still in them. ;-)

message 13: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments Hello Tif:
That's a great idea. I can set up a box with a stick (or stake, whatever) holding it up. Then I'll put the bloody raw steak (the other kind of stake) underneath on top of a rat trap, (just in case they try to get the steak incognito). Then I'll post a stakeout and watch for developments (now you know why I'm packin' breakfast).
Then, when the vamp (or vamp turned rat) crawls under the box to get the steak, I'll pull a hidden string Itied to the stake and the box will fall, trapping the vamp (or vamp Rat). Then I'll rush up there, secure the box with the other sundry items I brought along, stake my claim, and settle back to enjoy my steak and eggs breakfast.
Oh, by the way, if anybody asks where I got all these wonderful ideas I'll tell them, Tiffany had a "Stake" in it to.
Is that enough uses for the words Stake, steak?? Do I win a no-prize or something??? :)))
Have a Great Day!!!
The "Creature"

message 14: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

U sure do win the prize! U my kind sir have won an all expense paid trip to the new resort in Transylvania! Be one the first victims....er...I mean guests', to visit the renovated Castle of Prince Vlad's! Where u will stay in the Balthory suite, which has a jacuzzi filled with fresh virgin blood. A bedroom filled with well trained brides ready to fulfill ur every need and to quench every "thirst" u may have. ;-)

message 15: by Creature (new)

Creature | 124 comments Hello:
YAHOO!!!!! I won! I'm packin' my bags now.
Have a Great Sunday!!!
The "Creature"

message 16: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new)

The owner, me, will b looking forward to sipping....ignore that, typo of course.....seeing u soon!

Have a terrifyingly wonderful Sunday! ;-)