Kindle Readers and Authors discussion

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seb (new)

Seb (sebkirby) | 339 comments Mod
To give a heads up on each of the main self promotion channels available to new (and not so new) writers. To allow writers using these resources to comment on how best to use them.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Murphy (mmurfy) | 13 comments I'm a mystery/suspense writer from Arizona. A Kindle edition of my 7th novel, Scorpion Bay was released this weekend and can be ordered through the Kindle Store or through my website, http://www.mjmurphy.com.

message 3: by Seb (new)

Michael

Good to hear from you. Will check your novel out!

message 4: by Seb (last edited May 07, 2011 05:52AM) (new)

Carroll

Good to hear from you!

That's a very busy and creative schedule!

I get a lot out of music myself and have volume of criticism on Bob Dylan that I plan to publish on Kindle later in the year. I also write on jazz. But most of my time right now is spent on a follow up to my fist novel Take No More

Good luck with your book and your CDs.

Just one question: What's involved in getting your work up on iPad and Sony Reader? Those are outlets I haven't cracked as yet.

Best wishes

Seb

message 5: by Seb (new)

Carroll

Thanks!

I'd heard of CD Baby for music (I follow jazz performers who've published that way). But I had not heard of Bookbaby. Sounds really fabulous! Getting out on four major formats like that is really appealing.

Best wishes

Seb

message 6: by Kasi (new)

Kasi Blake (kcblake) | 7 comments I had a couple books published the traditional way, but now I've put my first ebook on Amazon. Vampires Rule has a unique twist on the whole vampire thing, and I've managed to sell seventy-six books in three weeks. I don't know if that's good or not because I have nothing to compare it to, but I think it's a fair number.
http://kasi-kcblake.blogspot.com

message 7: by Seb (new)

K C

I'd say that was very good for the first 3 weeks! Likely to pick up as more people get tuned in to it.

(I went and 'liked' your amazon page)

Best wishes

Seb

message 8: by Spencer (new)

Spencer Schankel (spencer911) | 4 comments Hi KC.
I took a look at your website and must say it's enchanting. I'm going to take you up on your invite and ask you be be my friend. I don't write vampires, but have just finished "Timothy Holbrook and the Zombie Curse" available on Kindle.

Now where is that friend button?

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Tarn (barbaragtarn) Hi there everyone... I will soon upload my third book to KDP and haven't done much networking here yet... so sorry... shy me has a problem with forums! *grin*
I've put up the first book last April, the second in June, the next one is due in August. I have a slight problem with my Author Central page because the paperbacks are pirated copies that were never purchased from me, but the Kindle editions are real, so if you want to check them, the quickest way is from my blog at this page, where all the links are available:
http://creativebarbwire.wordpress.com...
I sure hope to buy myself a Kindle for my birthday this year, so I'll be able to discover more authors that happen to be only on Kindle (and not Smashwords, where I can download the PDFs)... although my TBR list will probably go over the roof then, sigh!

message 10: by Summer (new)

Summer Daniels (summerdaniels) | 1 comments Hi all!! I'm an extremely new author - just self-published on August 1st. I'm beyond excited about all the things I am learing about self-promoting / marketing / etc.

Please check out my new release and if not your cup of tea - I certainly will understand. Let me know what you think of my cover though ... ;-)

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...

Best wishes to everyone,

Summer

message 11: by Seb (new)

Barbara

Hope you get your Kindle. And thanks for telling us about your work.

Best wishes

Seb

Take No More

message 12: by Seb (new)

Summer

Good luck with 'Losing Control'. Seems to have got a good reception!

Best wishes

Seb

Take No More