THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Display of Blogs on Author Pages

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Dunbar | 17 comments My co-author and I both share a Wordpress blog. I have that Wordpress blog linked to my author profile, Christopher Dunbar, but my co-author, Heather Poinsett Dunbar, says she is unable to link it. Is there a work-around so both of us can link to the same blog? We also have just one login for Wordpress that we both share, if that has any influence on how the Wordpress blogs link into Goodreads.

Also, I notice that the HTML for is disabled when viewing a linked blog on Goodreads. I can understand the need for compatibility reasons why some HTML code needs to be ignored, but reduces the footprint of an entry on screen, and to read the rest of the entry, the user can click on something like "to read the rest of this blog, click here." Would it be possible to recode the blog script to pass through so the page can display as intended?

Thanks!

Christopher

message 2: by rivka (new)

rivka | 562 comments Christopher, if the blog has both an RSS feed and an Atom feed, you can use one and your co-author the other. We have quite a few pairs doing so already.

As for the other issue, my suggestion is that you use the option to have GR only import part of each blog post (IIRC, this is called the snippet view or something similar). It will then have a link to your blog to read the rest. ( is not HTML that GR recognizes anywhere on the site.)

message 3: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Dunbar | 17 comments Thank you, Rivka, for the suggestion. I was able to figure out from Wordpress' help page that I could append /feed with /atom in order to pull from that feed. Heather's blog is now synced with her profile.

I shall look into your other suggestion about the option to only import a snippet.

Cheers!

Christopher