Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Does combining editions REALLY do anything?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by The Library Lady (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

The Library Lady (thelibrarylady) | 8 comments I looked up "The Wind in the Willows" and according to the author page, there are 113 editions combined. Yet if I look it up the standard way, I see a whole bunch of editions, all with different overall ratings. Is there really anyway to combine all editions so the ratings average out accurately?

message 2: by Rob (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Rob McMonigal | 12 comments I believe that the ratings on the right when you vie book details gives a rating for that edition AND for all editions. it also combines the reviews, which is the feature I like best.

-Rob

message 3: by Lisa (not getting friends updates) (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:39PM) (new)

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Yes, you can combine all editions as long as the author's name is spelled precisely the same way for individual book. If the uncombined editions' spelling of the author's name is different, you can either change the spelling of every uncombined edition and then combine those books with the others or wait for the coming AKA feature. Also, make sure that the book is exactly the same; there are some books that have 2 or 3 books within them and we don't combine those. Once all editions are combined, you can see them as a whole and see them individually as well.

message 4: by Otis, Chief Architect (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 315 comments Mod
You might have become confused while looking at a Amazon search. As they don't return editions, we are forced to show the individual books. On the Goodreads search, we can (and do) show the editions.

Otis