Reddit discussion

Non-Book Stuff > Non-Book Stuff (Read This First)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 48 comments Mod
Use this thread to talk about whatever you like, book or non-book. I was thinking it would be nice to be able to add some personal information about yourself if you are so inclined.

Or talk about movies, books or whatever. I don't expect this to be too big but sometimes it's nice to have a place for non-exactly-on-topic discussions to live.

message 2: by Antoinette (last edited Apr 22, 2011 06:25AM) (new)

Antoinette M. (antoinettem) | 4 comments I just got a case of Bell's Oberon. I love summer beer, and beer in general. Also, I love drinking beer and reading. It's part of the reason why I love my Kindle, it made the whole operation a lot easier.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Now if only you could get a kindle that dispensed beer, you'd be all set.

message 4: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) My adult beverage of choice is pretty much bourbon, specifically Gentleman Jack, non-pricy Jack, Woodford Reserve if I want really pricy, or Jim Beam when I'm being really cheap. I'm considering expanding my collection into the Irish whiskey front as well. I enjoy margaritas, particularly ones not made with some sort of syrupy mix. Rum is a last resort thing. As of the day after Thanksgiving, vodka and I ended our decade long friendship. It was not a pretty parting. It was an even less pretty second day after Thanksgiving.

I have yet to find a beer I like, but I like cider, especially the green apple variety. I also enjoy a variety of both red and white wines. Except chardonnay. Or merlot. Fuck merlot.

How about everyone else? I dropped by the group with the vague thought of creating a thread to ask alcohols of choice, but Yersinia made it easy for me to hijack this one instead. xD

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

For bbq drinking, I'll go with some beer. Nothing fancy, just some heineken or something.

For chilling out I'll have a rum and coke.

For getting drunk, Patron.

message 6: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) Sipping or doing shots?

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 22, 2011 11:28PM) (new)

If the aim is to get smashed, then shots.

If the aim is to just get reasonably inebriated, then shots first then rum&coke.

If the aim is not to remember anything, then it's shots, rum&cokes, then "drink whatever the hell is on the table. no, I don't care if it's green and on fire. just drink it".

message 8: by Denae (new)

Denae (whimsicalmeerkat) Shots can be fun, but I'm more of a sit down and drink kind of bitch