Action Heroine Fans discussion

Specific authors/books/heroines > Cecily Fay - Warrioress

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell Whitfield (russell_whitfield) | 21 comments Hi there, I thought I should pass these two links onto you guys...

The first is

http://www.warrioress.co.uk

- a site for a post-apocalyptic movie that comes out later this year. It features many female martial artists - Cecily Fay, Helen Bailey and Zara Phythian to name three, all of whom are champions in their own arts.

Cecily Fay is the star of the movie -second link, then, is

http://www.cecilyfay.com

where you can learn more about this amazing female warrior.

Can we add these sites as links, oh wise and powerful admin?

Cheers

Russ

message 2: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1552 comments Well, Russell, I guess we can add the links, since you just did. :-) I've verified just now that they work. As far as I know, there's no other place on the group page to put them, but this would be where interested people would go to find them anyway, I think.

Thanks for the heads-up! It sounds like Cecily Fay and her co-stars are the latest cinematic warrioresses to continue a proud tradition.

message 3: by Russell (new)

Russell Whitfield (russell_whitfield) | 21 comments Thanks, Werner - I'm really psyched to see this movie when it comes out.

Cecily is the real deal, no doubt about it. It was because I saw her in a documentary called "Gladiator Girl" that I decided to write my novel - so this is almost like "Gladiatrix the Movie" *lol*

Cheers

Russ

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt | 4 comments Is this movie going to be available to the U.S? I checked out the website and it looks awesome. Would love to get my hands on a dvd.

message 5: by Russell (new)

Russell Whitfield (russell_whitfield) | 21 comments Hi Tara- I think that they're working on a distribution deal at the moment. But I can send you one if its not circulated in the US.

Cheers

Russ

message 6: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt | 4 comments You are too generous. Have you ever seen her Babes with Blades? I looked at her website and was amazed. I think she tours doing that.. It's like a show? Good stuff!!

message 7: by Russell (new)

Russell Whitfield (russell_whitfield) | 21 comments Funny thing, Tara - Cecily was in a documentary called "Gladiator Girl" - it was this that really inspired me to write "Gladiatrix" - so you can see what "Lysandra" looks like now *lol*. (Lysandra's a bit taller than Cecily though).

Even weirder - Cecily now teaches me martial arts...so I'm being trained to kick ass by Lysandra herself *lol*

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt | 4 comments Beyond cool!

message 9: by Werner (new)

Werner | 1552 comments The link Russell posted above has a link to the movie trailer, which I finally got around to watching this weekend. The film itself is in the swords-and-sorcery genre; the premise is that, in a land ruled by a brutal tyranny, a prophecy involving a pair of swords ignites a fight for freedom led by two warrior ladies. (Who says fighting with a sword or a bow isn't lady-like? :-) ) If the movie is as well-done as the trailer is, I'd say it would be well worth watching for fans of this type of cinema. (Warning: the trailer does have some implied sex; but that's handled tastefully, and comes across as loving rather than lewd.)