Here For You discussion

Family Problems > Divorce

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wingstar (new)

Wingstar People go through it. Family going through a divorce? Tell us.

message 2: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 78 comments hahaha! Not a divorce really...
My father is a dick... (plain and simple)
My mom moved away from him(and took me and my two bros) while he was a work. He used to drink, and do whatever the hell it was he wanted to do. Every pay check my mom got for HER work, half the money went to him because he told her so.
So, he refuses to pay child support, claiming that him and my mom need to negotiate a price. The law states a certain amount, priced by how much the person who takes care of the kids makes.
My dad says he has no money. He lives alone, with a dog- and claims to have no money! He works 5 days a week and wastes the money on beer, wine and pills to cover over the depression. He claims he has no money- and pulls out $4000 OUT OF HIS POCKET to buy a car he didn't need! It was a used, bright red, high performance convertable Camaro. That was just last summer. I saw him pull the money out and I saw him sign the papers.
Whenever he used to take us to the store, I asked for a box of Poptart brand poptarts or Cocopuff brand cocopuffs. He said he couldn't afford the extra 50cent.
Christmas- my mom sent him a link through amail about how he could buy what we wanted most of all for Christams, for almsot $80 off a peice! Did he except it, no. He didn't reply. But the day before Christmas Eve, a package comes in with 3 flashlights and a single 4G Ipod Touch. It's from him. After we had already bought the two Ipod Touchs we needed. He gave us NO notice what-so-ever of that. *shrug* his fault. Now we have three. One for me, my lil' bro and my mom, since my older bro uses his laptop rather than the Ipod.
Jerkish or what? :/

message 3: by - (new)

- (renkks) Very jerkish, ouch that must be terrible. My parents were divorced, and let me tell you it was ugly. Its a gag-rule on it cause no one wants to speak about my mom. I can relate to this never there thing

message 4: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 78 comments 1-in-3 marriages end in divorce. people need to relize that before they marry anyone... -_-
my mom and dad only maried because of my older bro's pregnancy...

message 5: by - (new)

- (renkks) Ohhh, my parents had a arranged marriage, and he wants to get me one when im older and im like yeah look how yours turned out, but I say this in my head mostly im like whatever and hide in my room

message 6: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Neko (scourgelyla) | 78 comments haha! g2g

message 7: by - (new)

- (renkks) Bye!

message 8: by Wingstar (new)

Wingstar my parents said they will never put me in a divorce situation. thank god.

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 121 comments hopefully i'll neverr divorce with my husbandd 3

message 10: by Wingstar (new)

Wingstar same here

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 121 comments ii can just imagine how hard it is on the parents too, not just the kid! DX ii wanna find thee one ii lovee and hopefully it will be till death doo us part <3 XD

message 12: by Wingstar (new)

Wingstar yeah

message 13: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy My parents divorced but for... um... different reasons sorta. I dunno if I wanna tell or not *Facepalm*

message 14: by Wingstar (new)

Wingstar its ok if you dont

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 121 comments yahh uu don't have to.

message 16: by SpazzyJazzy (last edited Jan 18, 2011 09:47AM) (new)

SpazzyJazzy Well. It's not even that bad. I might as well spill:
I was seven, so I didn't really understand what was going on. The only reason I cried was because mum was crying. What happened was my dad had cheated on my mum with one of dad's friend's roommates. It was my father's friend that told my mother, but I still got to see dad a lot. The only reason was- I didn't want to. You see, his girlfriend was a b**** and her daughter was even worse. But I won't go into that, I could rant about her for days. He's got someone else now, so it's all better. I'm not really affected by their divorce, other than the fact I've got to balace my attention towards each of them.

I was just sort of reluctant my dad had cheated on my mother. In reality he's really nice but... *shrugs*

message 17: by Wingstar (new)

Wingstar Aw.

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 121 comments thtss awful. but at least u have ur mother <3 u don't have too see ur dad all the time, or hiss new friends... XD

message 19: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy His new girlfriend is really nice, so it's all good now! And, as I'm growing up, I've warmed up to my dad alot. I think I'm a lot closer to him now than I've ever been, and his house is sort of an escape from my annoying younger brother. He's really cool, and always trying to get me to do new things. Once again, I was seven. It all went right over my head back then.

♥-ℜachel -♥ (-lotsoflove-) | 121 comments lol i'm glad uu guys are happy again! XD

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 6 comments My parents split when I was 3. I havent seen my dad in a while but since my brother died hes been trying to see me more. I dont know what to do. I don't want to be hurt again but it would be nice to have a dad. I'm afraid he'll try to take me away from my mom again. I really need some help.

message 22: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy In my opinion, I think you should give him a chance. Maybe he's had a change of heart? I'm pretty sure no parent wants to die before their child, your father possibly included. Maybe your brother's death has made him realise that he should appreciate what he has whilst he has it? But that's just my opinion. I could never hurt my dad, no matter how many wrongs he does. My sisters didn't continue to stay at his house at my age, but I know I can't just turn away. He means too much to me, especialy since his heart attack last year.

message 23: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 6 comments Thanks I'll try to give him a shot but this is the 3rd time it happends. I am with him for 2 years then he disapppers for a while. I just wish we had a steady reelationship.