Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Archives > How Do I Add...?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (last edited Jan 11, 2011 10:30PM) (new)

new_user | 755 comments Here's how to link to a book with a link or that snazzy cover art you see in the threads. If your book is in the GR database, it's easy! :)

Above the comment box, click "add book/author" and a dialog will pop up. Search for your book, choose "link" or "cover" at the bottom of the dialog, then click "Add." Done!

message 2: by new_user (last edited Jun 11, 2011 05:31PM) (new)

new_user | 755 comments If you'd like to post a picture you found at another site...

First, you need the picture's location on the web, i.e. address or url. (On a Mac, substitute CTRL + click for right-click.)

[image error] In Firefox, right-click on the picture you've found, and select "Copy Image Location" in the menu that pops up.

In Internet Explorer, right-click on the picture you've found, and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Triple-click the address to highlight it, right-click on it, and in the pop-up menu, select "Copy." This is a five-second process. It just seems complicated because I broke it down to steps, LOL.

Now you have the location of your image, right-click and "Paste" it in this code, anywhere in your post:

*img src="http://COPIED_IMAGE_LOCATION_OR_ ADDRESS_URL_HERE.JPG"*

Replace the stars (*) with left (<) and right (>) arrows to make it work. This information is also in the "(some html is ok)" link above your comment box.

message 3: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments If you'd like to discuss a spoiler, you can now use GR's new spoiler tags! Just use <*spoiler> before and <*/spoiler> after and remove the stars!