Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Incorrectly Edited per GR Rules

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 170 comments This book (link to Amazon):http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002...
ASIN: B002RKSJRC

Has been edited as a series w/ the series name in a different language, here at Good Reads (it has the same ASIN # as above): http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/81...

message 2: by Cait (last edited Jan 10, 2011 05:08PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It looks like either someone entered a collection as a series (a series is group that contains all editions of a book, while a collection only contains some but not all of the editions of a book) or those are adaptations of books which shouldn't be combined with the originals. Are there any Arabic-speaking librarians who can find out more?

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments That one is an English kindle version...and is listed as part of a series...but I can't see anywhere that it actually IS a part of a series. But it won't let me remove the Arabic series info (everything else is in English), without entering other series info...maybe a super can help.

Gosh, Nyssa...you're keeping busy tonight (fun, isn't it?) :)

message 4: by Nyssa (last edited Jan 10, 2011 05:39PM) (new)

Nyssa | 170 comments LOL! Sorry. I went on a "shopping" (for free) spree when I got my Kindle for Christmas. Most of what I'm finding is from entering in everything I've downloaded over the past few weeks.

message 5: by Cait (last edited Jan 10, 2011 05:49PM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Just to clarify: the problem is that the edition listed above is combined as an edition of الغرفة الحمراء, which is book #16 in روايات عالمية للجيب -- the problem is that روايات عالمية للجيب might not be a series as we have decided to define series on GR because it only applies to that particular edition and not to other editions of "The Red Room". (As you can see, when you set a series for any edition, it shows up on all combined editions.) Then again, it might be that it is a series and the problem is actually that الغرفة الحمراء is an adaptation of "The Red Room" which shouldn't be combined with those other editions. I can't tell without knowing more about روايات عالمية للجيب.

message 6: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 170 comments I'm not aware of a series either. The above caught my attention becuase what was listed did not match the ASIN number on Amazon which is the edition i was trying to find. that's why I included the Amazon link - to show the source of the ASIN.

message 7: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Nyssa, other than the series listing, are there any other problems with the edition as shown? The author has been set to just H.G. Wells, because that is the canonical form of the author's name on GR.

message 8: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 170 comments Cait wrote: "Nyssa, other than the series listing, are there any other problems with the edition as shown? The author has been set to just H.G. Wells, because that is the canonical form of the author's name on GR."

Amazon has publication date, for the ASIN: B002RKSJRC edition as March 17, 2006.

Other than that, I don't see anything.

message 9: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Nyssa wrote: "Amazon has publication date, for the ASIN: B002RKSJRC edition as March 17, 2006."

...Huh. I was about to go change that, since Amazon ought to know when its own Kindle editions were published, but then I thought, "2006? Wait a sec," and looked it up -- and Kindles weren't sold until 2007. So now I'm all confused!

message 10: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 170 comments Cait wrote: "Nyssa wrote: "Amazon has publication date, for the ASIN: B002RKSJRC edition as March 17, 2006."

...Huh. I was about to go change that, since Amazon ought to know when its own Kindle editions were ..."

Well, I can understand the confusion, but that's what it says. Maybe they were preparing books before the Kindle ship date, so that once it shipped they would have a whole "library" from which new users could choose?

message 11: by Niledaughter (last edited Jan 10, 2011 11:07PM) (new)

Niledaughter | 93 comments Hello everyone ,Sorry for the confusion I made !

I created this series:
http://www.goodreads.com/series/54185
روايات عالمية للجيب
means international novels for pocket.

It is a local sreies in Egypt for young readers..teens ..etc (it is a series in the market and numbered), it contains simplified and translated versions of the international masterpieces in literature .
I did not do the combination between some of these books and the original ones (it is not done for all of the books).

What do you think is better to be done , to delete the series and (list it as listopia) or delete the combinations ?