The Sword and Laser discussion

What should I read next?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bill (last edited Jan 10, 2011 10:05AM) (new)

Bill | 116 comments I'm having trouble deciding between

The Way of Kings
The Mistborn Series
Bitter Seeds
The Name of the Wind

(tnx terpkristin)

message 2: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4219 comments I've been listening to the audio version of the Mistborn series and would highly recommend it.

If your last entry is supposed to be "The Name of the Wind" (instead of The Way of the Wind), I'd recommend that, though, before Mistborn.

message 3: by Gordon (new)

Gordon McLeod (mcleodg) | 347 comments I'm 56% of the way through Bitter Seeds, and it is fantastic.

message 4: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6436 comments Overdrive has The Way of Kings, but I got bored after 33% (The John Denardo Rule).

message 5: by BigShotBob (new)

BigShotBob | 2 comments The Name of the Wind. Fantastic, mammoth read. Bonus: the next installment is due out in the next couple of months.

message 6: by Bill (last edited Jan 11, 2011 01:46PM) (new)

Bill | 116 comments All the positive reviews convinced me. (Plus, the "mammoth read" comment.) Just bought it and it's next in the que. Thanks, all.

(But I gotta finish Factotum. Damn did it just get good.)

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill | 116 comments Okay, almost done with Name of the Winds. So, here's a revised list of what I should read next.

Assasin's Apprentice (Hobb)
Way of Kings
Mistborn
The Blade Itself
Perdido Street Station
Kushiel's Dart

message 8: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) | 1212 comments Go for Perdido Street Station first. It's a stand-alone, but you can re-visit the world in other books that are also stand-alone.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The Blade Itself.

message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason Mertz (mertz) | 4 comments Mistborn is amazing i would go with that first.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

No, damnit. The Blade Itself.

or so help me...

:P