The 104 Book Challenge - 2011 discussion

Kristen R's 2011 list

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen 1. The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Well I won't lie, I did start this in 2010 and just finished a few days ago. It's just so big that I had to read it only when at home. (Normally I take a book with me on the subway when commuting). I loved this book! I gave it 5 stars. It's a long read, but the story really engrosses you and gives you an idea of what life was like then. It's a beautiful book and I would also highly recommend World Without End also by Ken Follet. I actually read this one first. Now I'm on to a little Charlaine Harris as I like to mix it up! ;)

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) I too loved both of these books...but it took me a long time to finish The Pillars of the Earth, so I was a little apprehensive when I started World Without End. To be honest, I did skim read a lot of the cathedral and architecture descriptions in both, and enjoyed World Without End more than The Pillars of the Earth :)

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Yeah, I agree. When I read World Without End I was totally addicted to it! I literally would walk up the street with book in hand reading! haha I was sad when I finished...what a geek I am!
I haven't read any other Ken Follet books yet, have you? I got Fall of Giants for Christmas...but it's a long one too, so I think I'm going to stick with a few shorter books before I start another big project.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen 2. Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris. This was a very quick read, as I find most of her books are. My favorite series is of course, with Sookie, but while I'm waiting for the new book to come out, I try some of her other series. This is the first book I've read of the Lily Bard series, and I think this may be my least favorite series, but all in all, entertaining. I'll give it 3 stars.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) No I don't think I've ever read another Ken Follett book...they all seem a little too political-spy-conspiracy for my taste. I have got Fall of Giants too, but I also need some shorter reads before I'm ready to tackle another 'big read'!