The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newcomer Here!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joleen (new)

Joleen | 3 comments Just wanted to say HI to all my new Good Reads friends. I have never been much of a reader until a friend at work told me about this site. I loved it enough to start reading from my old collection and start a new collection too! I can't wait to meet as many new authors and friends as possible! Have a nice day!

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Welcome Joleen, we love to hear about someone being converted from Non-reader to Excited-New-reader!! THis is a great site to be a part of when looking for support and new novels to dive into!!

message 3: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstyreadsandcreates) | 610 comments Hi Joleen... I'm so glad you've converted! You won't regret it!!! You've joined the right group... you'll have so many recommendations you'll be wondering how you ever survived without books!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Joleen.

I think you'll find this is a fun group & lots of great reading recommendations!

The Book Whisperer (aka Boof) Hi Joleen and welcome. Lots of ideas of great reads on here for you.

message 6: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Welcome welcome welcome .....and don't let Charity, Logan or Lorena scare you away ....they REALLY are good folks!!! :)

message 7: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Shut up.

message 8: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments See ....can't ya feel the love already ??

message 9: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Welcome Joleen! We are all a friendly bunch! (Ignore Scott's attempts at wit)

message 10: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments You have cut me to the quick....... I am leaving now ...... I wonder how I delete my membership.

message 11: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Nooooo. :,-(

message 12: by Tisha (last edited Aug 03, 2008 12:27PM) (new)

Tisha Please no!
Don't do it...its not worth it...come down from the ledge.

message 13: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments yeah right like I would leave this WONDERFUL group because of one mean girl. :)

message 14: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) :-P

message 15: by ScottK (last edited Aug 03, 2008 01:02PM) (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Honey I have fought with vicious drag queens, Bring it . :)

message 16: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) I'm definitely not as mean as them.

message 17: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Yeah but do you dance in stilletos ..thaT'S THE QUESTION.

message 18: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10095 comments Mod
Scott, if you ever left us, I would make it my personal mission to search high and low for you until I found you and then beg and plead with you until you return!!!

message 19: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) I do, Scott, but I'm sure I'm not as graceful as half of those queens.

message 20: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Speaking of queens...

We had a Girls' Night Out a while back and one of my friends had a drag queen that she knows come over and do our hair and makeup before we hit the clubs (gay and straight). OMG! I felt like I had died and moved to Texas...my hair was so BIG! I wasn't about to let anyone touch my makeup after I saw that.

I'll have to upload that picture to my profile if you're gonna be online Scott. After you see it, I'll take it off.

message 21: by ScottK (last edited Aug 03, 2008 02:44PM) (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Died and moved to Texas LOL.....the girls in Bama have the freaking Big bangs all jacked up to Jesus, you know the ones they look like claws coming outta their foreheads.I think there is a 6 can minimum of Aquanet in Bama per visit to the Wal Mart.

Lori I would never leave this group, you kids are just kooky , and crazy and those are 2 of my more admirable traits!You are stuck with me .

message 22: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Yes, I believe Aquanet was involved. It took about an hour to wash the crap out of my hair.

Now that I know you're online, I'll change my photo so you know what I'm talking about.

The entire night I had to endure being called BHC (or Big Hair Char) by my friends. Evil li'l wenches.

message 23: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Yeah that is big ...but I have seen bigger , growing up in Bama + knowing many drag Queens = seeing many BIG hair do's

message 24: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) K, I'm changing it now. :-)

I don't want nonna dat big Bama hair neither...

message 25: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Noooo I love my big haired gay wife's pic!!!

message 26: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Oh wait the way I wrote that it sounds as if you are the gay one ....... hmmmmm

message 27: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Oh geez.

message 28: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments No No No not that you are , I'm just sayin

message 29: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Oh geez. over the love of the big hair pic.

message 30: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments ooooo ok ...sorry it just made me a bit homesick is all , I like the new one too , but sleeping on the couch is the best one.

message 31: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Fine. Fine.

message 32: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments YAY .....now who is more powerful than Oprah .....bWAHHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAA

message 33: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Piccola regina

message 34: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments huh??
something about a queen ?

message 35: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) My grandfather used to call me that. Said I was too grand to be a principessa, that I was his piccola regina (little queen).

message 36: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments Honey at 6ft2in and 220 lbs ...I ain't been called a little anything in quite some time .

message 37: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) So, grande regina, whaddeva.

message 38: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments LOL
Can't I be Venti Regina ( notice how I am not arguing over the regina part at all ...how sad is that)?

message 39: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Twenty queens, huh? lol

message 40: by ScottK (last edited Aug 03, 2008 03:57PM) (new)

ScottK | 535 comments No Venti from Starbuck's not venti from REAL Italian. :)However some days it does feel that there are about 19 other peole in my head.

message 41: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) They call it 'venti' because it is 20 oz. :-)

but you can be a venti coffee queen if you want.

message 42: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments whaddeva Mr. Regina will do nicely thank you. Also I knew that somewhere in the back of my mind , about the 20 oz thing I mean.

message 43: by Tisha (new)

Tisha haha... I feel like a voyeur reading your couplet posts!

and NO FAIR...I want to see the big hair photo!!!!

message 44: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Oh geez.

message 45: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments LOL ....... Too Funny Tisha, Charity I think you should leave it ....like for today only ....then those who miss out miss out.

message 46: by Tisha (new)

Tisha do it.... do it... do it....

message 47: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments It sure is PUUUUUUUURRRRRTTTYYY.

message 48: by Charity (new)

Charity (charityross) Happy now? Let the mocking commence.

message 49: by Tisha (new)

Tisha hahaha...its cuuuuuutttteee! :) Thank you for that.

message 50: by ScottK (new)

ScottK | 535 comments yes thank you !!! It really is not that bad a picture. Seriously why do you think I have a pic of my DOG on here. I hate ANY picture EVER taken of me.

« previous 1