Calling all Demigods! discussion

Informational > FAQ/Question Thread

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (last edited Aug 05, 2011 03:33PM) (new)

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 34142 comments Mod
FAQ's:

Character related
Q: Where do I make my character?

A: If you scroll down far enough on the group homepage, you'll see the folder, Characters & Applications. Make your character there. Please have at least two to three, detailed sentences for looks and personality. See here for help.

IF YOU POSTED SOMETHING LIKE
Sarah - Daughter of Demeter
UNDER THE ROSTER WITHOUT MAKING IT FIRST UNDER THE "Demeter charries" TOPIC, IT WILL BE DELETED. YOU MUST FIRST MAKE YOUR CHARACTER UNDER THE "Demeter Charries" TOPIC BEFORE POSTING UNDER THE ROSTER.

Q: Can I have more than one character?

A: Yes, but you cannot RP with yourself, you can only have two per cabin, and the two said characters may not be in a romantic relationship with each other, nor can two characters in two different cabins that are of your own be in a romantic relationship.

ie: Say I have characters Bob and Shirley of Poseidon and Apollo respectively. They can't like each other. Say Member A has characters David and Sarah of Poseidon and Apollo respectively. David and Shirley can like each other.

Two characters in the same cabin can't like each other. That's kind of disgusting, I mean, they're half-siblings...

Q: Why can't I have a werewolf demigod?

A: ... I know we say "original", but the whole "werewolf" deal is cliche. It honestly is. It's completely unrealistic.

Q: Can my character be a counselor? Why hasn't the counselor list been updated?

A: First question, no, we have it figured out now. If you really think you want to take on that responsibility, say so on the profile and we'll consider.
Second question, WE'RE WORKING ON IT e3e.

Q: I'm looking on the group home page but I only see like, twenty topics and I also don't see the cabin I want. Can you guys make that cabin?

A: First, click directly onto the bolded "Characters & Applications". You should be able to see a lot more topics now. Scroll through all that, and then, if you still don't see the cabin you want, suggest it under the suggestion topic. Make sure the cabin you want is reasonable. There is no "Pan" cabin because Pan is dead. And no, your character cannot be born before he died. Make a satyr if you're so desperate.

Q: The cabin I want is closed. Can I still make a character?

A: No, sorry. If you look at the last post of the cabin you want, you'll see that the reason for the cabin being closed is that it is overpopulated.

Q: My character is a Hunter of Artemis, but she's also a demigod. What thread do I put her in?

A: The Hunters of Artemis topic. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include why she joined.

RP related

Q: What is RP? What is Roleplay? What does RPG stand for? How do I RP?"

A: RP stands for Role-Play. RPG stands for Role-Play Game. There's this lovely website called Google or Wikipedia that you should really use if you want to knwo more. RPing is very simple. You make your character (see previous question for more detail) and then you write in third-person past-tense.
Example:
Caleb walked to the gazebo.
It is preferred that your RP in past tense, seeing as everyone else does and it keeps things organized and a lot less confusing. However, if you choose to write in present tense we're fine with that as long as you stay in present tense.
DO NOT:
Caleb walks to the gazebo and sat down.
it's either:
Caleb walks to the gazebo and sits down.
or
Caleb walked to the gazebo and sat down.

Memership/Mod/Mod related/etc.

Q: Can I be a mod?

A: Sorry, we're not taking moderator requests now.

Q: How come I'm not a senior member?

A: Check to see how long you've been active in this group.
Then check to see how active everyone else has been.
That's why.

Q: I was removed from the group. Why?

A: You were probably breaking the rules. Like powerplaying or Godmodding. Don't know what that is? Then you should have read Posting Rules.

Q: Why are the mods so controlling?

A: Look at the member count, then get back to us on that.

Q: Are you, Ivi, insane?

A: Surprisingly, I've gotten several PMs asking me this and quite frankly, no I am not insane by medical definition. I am insane in the most awesome of ways and so is everyone here, so if you can't deal with that, keep walking.

Q: Are the other mods insane?

A: Everyone's just a little insane. Yes, even you.

If your question was not answered, leave them in the comments and I will be happy to answer your question.

♠Nightmares of Dreamer♠ (nightmaresofdreamer) Hi! So if I have a character that is Hunter of Artemis, could she be still in the camp?

message 3: by Maggie, Gaea shall smite you all. (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 1674 comments Mod
Yes, that's where the Hunters stay. Just make sure you read the Hunters' rules--no boys, no love, but they can have guys as friends.

♠Nightmares of Dreamer♠ (nightmaresofdreamer) I have another question. Can you, like, start a sentence on a topic and wait until anybody replies?

message 5: by Rudy (new)

Rudy | 1179 comments You can. You are encouraged not to.

♠Nightmares of Dreamer♠ (nightmaresofdreamer) Okay, thank you! :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I have looked, but I can't find where to make my charries. ((Hey I'm Megan/Watermelon what ever you prefere.))

message 8: by Iviana (The Sign Painter), The Goddess of indecisiveness (new)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks

message 10: by Cloudy Storms (new)

Cloudy Storms (cloudstrife) | 938 comments I've got a question, are the cabins still overpopulated? If so, which cabins aren't?

message 11: by Vanessa, Goddess of Chulutions (new)

Vanessa | 478 comments Mod
They shouldn't be closed. If some are, it's probably because Maggie might've missed them when reopening the topics; she told me in a PM.

message 12: by Cloudy Storms (new)

Cloudy Storms (cloudstrife) | 938 comments M'kay, thanks Vanster.

Marcelin, Raven, Mason (marci_rocks100) | 8 comments Can i make a character that is daughter of Nyx and part Empousa?

message 14: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Lockhart (lockhart3195gc) | 11 comments where would I put a character that doesn't have a cabin?

message 15: by Cloudy Storms (new)

Cloudy Storms (cloudstrife) | 938 comments Nowhere, I guess.

message 16: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Lockhart (lockhart3195gc) | 11 comments Damn. Well that sucks. I guess I'll just wait until the grouo becomes more active before I ask anymore questions. At that time I will truly be able to enjoy everything the group, and members, have to offer. Have a good one all. As well thank you for answering my many questions

message 17: by Leah (new)

Leah | 1 comments where is the group home page