Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Moning's Fever Series group listen/relisten

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) A number of us are listening/relistening to Karen Marie Moning's Fever series. The release of Shadowfever is a little over a week away so I encourage you to join us if you have not already.

I'm not what you could call a fan of urban fantasy but this is one of the best series I've listened to or read. And it's one that seems to get better with rereads/relistens.

We talked in detail about our group read and Fever Watch Party in the Nov. 29th Speaking of Audiobooks column. http://www.likesbooks.com/blog/?p=554... If you're listening rather than reading, we have some glossaries for you. Here's a paragraph from that column's discussion:

"To continue singing TSTBren’s praises just a little longer – when I mentioned to her that I hoped to find a way to have these glossaries available for our listeners, she stepped up to the plate and utilized her Kindle Fever books to provide these guides for audio listeners. In our eyes, if you have paid for the audio version, you should be able to utilize the glossaries as well!
We have five glossaries available for you:
Before Darkfever
After Darkfever – before Bloodfever
After Bloodfever
After Faefever
After Dreamfever”

As I relisten to the series, I'm finding these glossaries are highly helpful especially given the fact that there is no predicting the end of the series. Either send a message to me or let me know here if you want a copy of any or all of these glossaries.

Also, I have interviewed Phil Gigante, narrator of Dreamfever and Shadowfever as well as Moning's Highlander series, and his interview will go live at Speaking of Audiobooks on 1/17. I'll remind you at that time.

AND WE ARE GIVING AWAY ALL FIVE AUDIOBOOKS IN THE FEVER SERIES AT THAT TIME.

message 2: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments Can't wait for Phil's interview! His voice is death-by-sex hot, a true fae prince. :-). Have you heard the ring tones he did for KMMs site? OMG they are hot. The answering message is my favorite. I'm almost done with relistening to dreamfever. Jan 18th is not coming fast enough for me.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) The ring tones are an absolute hoot! I'd love one on my phone but my family would definitely think I'd lost it.

I'm almost done with Bloodfever and moving onto Faefever in the morning. The listening is so entirely fun.

message 4: by Diane (new)

Diane Mason | 129 comments I need to finish Tom Clancy's Dead or Alive before I can start my Fever first listen. That SHOULD happen tomorrow. :)

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Made some of my own ringtones from the Highlander series, so I could send them to and thus irritate/shock my daughters. It was fun!

Just finished up Bloodfever as a re-listen tonight, I'll be diving into Faefever tomorrow.

The series is great the first time through, but even better as a re-listen, because you know how things fit together.

Can't wait for the Phil Gigante interview....

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lgillian) | 12 comments Any suggestions for After Fever listens? I have recently completed the Fever series and I am having severe withdraws. I usually like European Historical, I read this series as part of the Listening Challenge (loved the series)but I can't seem to move on.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Leslie - I so feel your pain! I've been attempting this as well. I listened to a couple of humorous contemporary romances trying to get as far from paranormal as possible. It's worked for the most part but it has also been a couple of weeks since I finished Shadowfever. I have another goal in mind as well. I want to be shed of Shadowfever when I listen to Singh's Archangel's Consort when it is released later this month. So I started relistening to the first two in that series today. Hopefully that will do the trick.

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lgillian) | 12 comments Do you mind if I ask which humorous contemportary romance you listened to? Maybe I will try one. It is out of my genre but it would be another challege and I am really liking the challenges.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Leslie - I listened to True Love and Other Disasters by Rachel Gibson (now that I think about it - it wasn't really funny as much as light) and Head Over Heels by Susan Andersen. The Andersen is hard to find. Have you listened to Susan Elizabeth Phillips? If not, I'll give you a few recommendations. I do think they are good palette cleansers for an intense paranormal romance!

message 10: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Leslie wrote: "...I have recently completed the Fever series and I am having severe withdraws...."

I can relate to this too! I have not been able to settle with anything that requires true concentration. I bounced between some books before going for the uncomplicated with humor angle myself.

Molly Harper and Nora Roberts have filled the bill for me.

For a humorous historical with a twist I'd recommend Gail Carringer's Soulless.

message 11: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lgillian) | 12 comments Thank you both so much I will look these up right away. I know I will gravitate back to Fever soon, but in the meantime maybe I will find something new.