All things Fandom discussion

Dragon*Con Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thena (new)

Thena | 5 comments I'm looking forward to attending DragonCon this year. As a way to past the months til con and to read more, I have start Dragon*Con Reading Challenge over on Facebook. Essential, the challenge is to read as many book from the authors attending Dragon*Con this year or from authors that attended DC last year. Complete details are listed on the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Drag... or just look up Dragon*Con Reading Challenge on Facebook, if you would like to join.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 298 comments Mod
Thena wrote: "I'm looking forward to attending DragonCon this year. As a way to past the months til con and to read more, I have start Dragon*Con Reading Challenge over on Facebook. Essential, the challenge is t..."

This sounds great and we could create a bookshelf here for suggestions. Do all 2010 and 2011 authors count? Or just the ones you've listed on that facebook page?

message 3: by Thena (new)

Thena | 5 comments Great Idea! I definitely think we should do that.
All the authors that attended DC last year and all authors schedule to attend this year will count.

The list I post is not complete and will probably change several times as new authors are added as the convention nears and I discover other names I left off of the list for the 2010.

If you know of a named I missed, please let me know so that I can added it.

Also, if you would like you can check out the official site for Dragon*Con here is the address www.dragoncon.org.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

You need to add all of the authors from these threads:

2010 authors

2011 authors

message 5: by Thena (new)

Thena | 5 comments Will do. I've already add some of the people from 2011 thread. You'll probably see the rest in a day or two. Thank you for help and if you know any one else who would be interest, please pass the word.

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Thena wrote: "Will do. I've already add some of the people from 2011 thread. You'll probably see the rest in a day or two. Thank you for help and if you know any one else who would be interest, please pass the w..."

I'm still the only fan on the page, don't forget to 'like' it yourself and invite your own friends.

message 7: by Deborah (new)

I think you may have missed the attending professionals list, it is at the very end of the guest list.

Can you tell me your criteria for including authors? I was going to give you a list of the ones I had that weren't on your list yet, but I do include everyone who has a GR author profile and I understand you might not include, for example authors who have only narrated books.

Thanks

message 8: by Thena (new)

Thena | 5 comments Deborah wrote: "I think you may have missed the attending professionals list, it is at the very end of the guest list.

Can you tell me your criteria for including authors? I was going to give you a list of the o..."

Hi Deborah: Thank you for letting me know about the professional list. I actually use the sort by date list. That list should have everyone listed. I will double check the list and make sure I have not missed anyone.

The only criteria I have is that they must have actually written a book. Not just been an editor or anthologist. I believe there was one other instance were the guy has only written technically manuals for computers and I did not include him. Other then that I'm pretty relax about who is on the list.
You will notice some the authors included are authors of graphic novels.

I would appreciate any list you could provided me. I will go through it and add any name that needs to be added.

Also, just to let you know, I believe I'm a couple days behind the DC site. The names just recently announced will be posted on our list tomorrow night. If you can get me your list, then I will try to get the names on your list up tomorrow.

I might not be able to get all of them since I will need to do a little research.

Please send your list to the email address I set up for the group, dcreadingchallenge@gmail.com.

message 9: by Deborah (new)

That's the problem, the attending professionals list is separate and doesn't show in the by date listing. I have no idea when it was added, I only went looking for it when I saw it referenced it in a tweet.

message 10: by Tbirdplanstoread (new)

Tbirdplanstoread | 2 comments This is a great challenge! I am already reading books by these authors, though, lol...I just finished Hellhole by KJA and Brian Herbert and Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan/ Brandon Sanderson. I'm currently reading The Greyfriar that I picked up as an ARC and got signed by the authors at DCon last year, Fool Moon, Dead to the World, and about to read A Princess of Landover...Don't ask how I read this many, it's just how it happens....Oh!! I forgot to add A Game of Thrones since I had to start reading it again since the show began lol :) Can't wait for DCon!! :)

message 11: by Thena (new)

Thena | 5 comments Teresa wrote: "This is a great challenge! I am already reading books by these authors, though, lol...I just finished Hellhole by KJA and Brian Herbert and Towers of Midnight by Robe..."

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it. This seemed like a great way to ramp up the excitement for DC.

I just started A Game of Thrones myself. I ran out to bookstore and bought the book after the first episode.