Best Books discussion

Games/Fun Topics > Favorite Characters & Why

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Name a few of your favorite characters in a book and why.

Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy Series, because she doesn't take crap from anyone, she's intelligent, strong, and will do anything for the people she cares about. She's very inspirational.

Grimalkin from the Iron King Series, because he is so hilarious especially when he says, "I'm a cat". I can't explain how much I love this character, but he is incredible! He really touches the book with humor. I adore his smart remarks!

message 2: by Jocy (new)

Jocy (mclovin_13) | 11 comments i gotta agree with you with rose because shes just a badass

message 3: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (jennaknows) Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, because she's intelligent, strong, and independent. Hermione stands up for what she believes in (S.P.E.W.), and most of all doesn't depend on a man to help her; she helps them. Hermione takes charge of her life, and is basically a modern version of Elizabeth Bennet. She's an inspiring character.

Lestat de Lioncourt from the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Not only is he a lively and humorous character, but he's three-dimensional. Lestat feels deeply, and is always mulling over philosophical questions about good and evil, religion, and humanity. One of my favorite parts of Lestat's character is that once he becomes a vampire he falls in love with humanity and finds it beautiful. When he was human he never felt that way towards humanity, but once he becomes a vampire and takes lives all the time, he sees the beauty in humanity, because he's taking it away. He has a beauty to him, because of how deeply he feels and his love for humanity.

message 4: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 9 comments I agree with Jenna, both of those characters are awesome! Lestat is amazing! xD

My other favorite characters are Quentin and Margo from Paper Towns, Katniss from The Hunger Games (most kick-ass chick ever xD), and all of Simone Elkeles characters, namely Alex, Brittney, Caleb, Maggie, Carlos, and Kiara. :)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathisissilly) | 4 comments @Jade- I totally agree, Grimalkin is amazing! everything he says makes me laugh!

I also like Tally from Scott Westerfeld Uglies and Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse books.

message 6: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) I love Clary & Jace from The Mortal Instruments. And I know I'm going to get a bunch of hate off of this, but I like Edward from Twilight. Not because he's "hot" or anything like that, but because I appreciate how he stands by his beliefs (i.e.: not sleeping together before marriage, etc.).

message 7: by Dija (last edited Jan 09, 2011 01:28AM) (new)

Dija @Cat: I love Clary and Jace from MI too. And I also adore Magnus, lol. Things are always fun when he's around. XD And I can't say I love Edward, but I do understand why you'd like him for that aspect of his personality. Did you like Bella as well?

message 8: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Johnson | 2 comments I agree with Dylan, Katniss is a great female lead! I also love Peeta and his devotion to Katniss. But my all time favorite character would be Severus Snape from the Harry Potter books. He was such a complex character that kept the reader guessing throughout the series. Even once I had finished the last book I still wanted to know more about his actions and life.

message 9: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 9 comments @Jodi: I agree about Snape! He's such a great character! I liked him even more in the seventh book, and felt so bad for him! He was so misunderstood and I felt bad that I hated him in the first few books.

message 10: by Charles (last edited Jan 13, 2011 04:29PM) (new)

Charles (crazyc) I have a couple of favorite characters. One character is from a relatively newer series and the other from less well-known series. The first would have to be Seph from the Wizard Heir because he doesn't know a lot about his family or being a wizard he just know that he is one, but with no formal training. Also I just love wizards.

Surprise my other favorite is a wizard, but not just a wizard, the wizard. The most famous of all Merlin from the Lost Years of Merlin saga. In the novels, he never fully embrace being a great wizard that he is destine to be. For instance he was willing to give up his power in order to get something back. This is such a great series that doesn't get much light from my viewing and need to be seen more.

Both character are wizards so, ultimately my favorite character could be narrowed down to being a wizard.

message 11: by B.R (new)

B.R (imaginativesilentwriter) I like Alfred Kropp from the Extrodinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp. He's somebody you wouldn't expect much from and he surprises people.

I also like Draco Malfoy. I also like Edward Cullen, Rosalie Hale and Alice Cullen. I know I am going to get so much hate for those three.

I also like Patch, Nora and Vee from Hush, Hush and Arriane and Gabbe from Fallen.

message 12: by Roma (new)

Roma | 3 comments I like Rose Hathaway and Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy Series, and Katniss from the Hunger game Series.

message 13: by Jenna (last edited Mar 12, 2011 08:19PM) (new)

Jenna (jennaknows) Brittany wrote: "I like Alfred Kropp from the Extrodinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp. He's somebody you wouldn't expect much from and he surprises people.

I also like Draco Malfoy. I also like Edward Cullen, Ros..."

Really? Haha, that's awesome. I actually can't stand Draco in the books, but I actually quite like him in Fanfiction. Which is strange, but still, awesome choice :D

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (vivaladolcevita) My favorite character is Max from Maximum Ride. She's just so badass and so witty and intelligent. She also has that whole "I want to be a kid and act my age" vs "I am the leader of my flock and have to take care of everyone/be a mother" conflict which I find really interesting.

I also love Jane from Sundays at Tiffany's. I love her change from passive bystander in her own life to taking charge and making her own path. She is my favorite dynamic character. She is also funny and insightful.

message 15: by Jenna (new)

Jenna (fluffyvampire) | 11 comments Mod
j'adore Aristanae (Ari) Selkirk from Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton. she is badass, smart, and normally follows her instincts. she literally kicks ass in the novel. :) Grimalkin from the Iron Fey series is fracking awesome as well. he cracked me up with his "i'm a cat" thing. even though it'd piss Meghan off. and i also like Dru Anderson from the Strange Angels series. well i can definitely say she snagged my attention in the first book. she had the whole sarcastic, i do what i want, attitude i adore on a heroine.