Harry Potter discussion

Movies > What do you want from part 2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments Yes! The music plays a HUGE part in the movie.
Personally, I just want them to stick as closely to the book as possible. I like it when they change things sometimes, and it usually works out, but I'm kind of nervous for this next movie. Especially the end. This is the finale, and I guess I'm expecting it to be absolutely perfect, which isn't reasonable. I'm a massive fan of the books, so in the movies I pick up on all the little things that are wrong ( like how negligent the wizards are around muggles). Hopefully nobody will be too disappointed with this movie- they've done a great job so far.

message 2: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments As an audiophile, you will rarely find me saying this, but I wish they'd let some silence in with this movie. It seemed there was music the whole movie. Silence is the canvas that music paints on, but it seems we were just painting air with the score to this movie.

message 3: by diamond (new)

diamond (amyelevens) | 5 comments I want The Prince's Tale to be ELABORATE. I want it to be DETAILED. I want it to do Snape justice. I don't even care if the people who are unfamiliar with the series don't get it, I really want all of Snape's memories from the pensieve in this film. THIS IS ALL THAT I REALLY WANT.
Secondly, I want someone, perhaps J.K. ROWLING herself, to say, "AND TO YOU, IF YOU HAVE STUCK WITH HARRY THROUGH THE VERY END" I'd like some variation on that either at the beginning or the end. Jesus Christ and then I will shake and bawl and never be the same.

message 4: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments I absolutely agree with you there. Especially with this next movie there are moments that definitely would do better with silence. We don't need music constantly playing in the background.

message 5: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments (Sorry, that was adressed to Guitar Chick)

message 6: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Jan 09, 2011 05:07PM) (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I'd love for "Leaving Hogwarts" (posted above by Isaac) from SS/PS to play at the end of the epilogue too, but I can't see it happening.

I think changes from the book will be inevitable in the battle, and though I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, I'm interested to see how some of the added scenes are tied into the story. For example the "Why do you live?" scene from the trailer for both parts ( http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/... ) looks amazing, but it's odd that Voldemort has Harry tied up like that. I'm not sure how Harry will get out of that situation. I'm assuming Voldemort will release him for some reason (a duel, like GoF?), but that also seems like a strange thing for Voldemort to do after he has failed to kill Harry in the forest. I'm also curious about a scene Dan mentioned in an interview ( http://blog.scholastic.com/ink_splot_... ). When asked about a challenging scene for him to film, he said:

"I suppose getting beaten up by Ralph Fiennes [who plays Voldemort] in the 2nd part was physically quite demanding. What I love about that scene is that it's the moment that I've been wanting to happen for years. I've always wanted a moment when the magic is not enough and he just tries to kill Harry physically by beating him up. So that was a challenging scene, but I mean, there was a lot of physically challenging stuff in the film, but I love that. I love running up and down and falling over and getting hit around. I love all that.

Again, Voldemort resorting to "muggle dueling" seems a bit odd. I can understand that the filmmakers want to show his frustration and anger (probably after failing to kill Harry again in the forest), but I couldn't see anything like this happening in the books. I guess it has the potential to look intense on film, though. Maybe it ties into the scene into the scene I mentioned above (?).

I think the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort has been extended, Isaac. Heyman told USA Today ( http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/'... ):

"Harry and Voldemort go wand to wand in the courtyard, and we get to destroy Hogwarts." "It's a mess in there. We probably made a little more of the battle between the two of them (than in the book). We felt we needed to dramatize it."

In the trailer I posted above, Harry and Voldemort are shown in a ruined courtyard, with their wands connected by a spell, while the spells simply collide quickly in the books. I don't know if this is the end of the final confrontation, or if that will continue elsewhere with spectators. I guess it's also possible that the duel started in the Great Hall and then moved outside. I actually do agree with Heyman on the need to dramatize the battle. A single exchange of spells is perfect in the book, but would look very anti-climatic on film. What I don’t want to see is Harry dueling Voldemort with powers as those as great as Dumbledore’s. This simple wouldn’t make sense, and I don’t think the filmmakers are stupid enough to include it. I hope a good part of the conversation between Harry and Voldemort is included, especially Harry calling Voldemort “Riddle.”

I know I’m certainly not the only one looking forward to The Prince’s Tale. I know it’s not reasonable to expect to expect all the memories to be included, but I’d love to see as many as possible. (I’m not a book purist, but this is one of my favorite chapters in the series). Snape’s death is also sure to be a moving scene. (Stuart Craig actually said he cried when seeing the rushes!) According to a quote from art director Andrew Ackland-Snow, reported in a Spanish magazine (CinePremiere), the location of Snape’s death has been changed. It seems the death will take place in the boat house (there were rumors of this before). Ackland also mentioned the building of another house from where the boat house can be seen. As this information comes from the translation of the magazine quote (which translated from English) posted on a forum, it is a little confusing, but it appears confirmed that the death will not take place in the Shrieking Shack.

There has been a bit more information about added/changed scenes. According to the beginning of this Collider set report ( http://collider.com/set-visit-harry-p... ), Harry enters the Great Hall right after a speech by Snape. Another interesting change – I would really like to see McGonagall duel Snape, though. I wonder if it’s still in the film. The Ron/Hermione kiss, another scene I’m looking forward to, also has been changed. Heyman and Dan have said that Harry is not present during the scene. I know this has led people to assume that it will take place in the Chamber of Secrets after the destruction of the cup. According to a report from Entertainment Weekly (http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/sho...) Ron and Hermione will be drenched with water, pursued by a Voldemort-shaped tsunami! Emma also mentioned a scene in which she and Ron are chased by Nagini ( http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-pot... ). I’m looking forward to seeing these added action scenes, but I hope they don’t drag like the first task in GoF.

I know I’ve gone on far too long, but I can’t wait for DH2 (even though Part I, isn’t my favorite)! DH2 has to include DH1 in terms of the plot, so I hope there will be time to do the battle justice and include more of Dumbledore and Snape’s back stories. I’ll be incredibly sad when it’s over, of course, but it should be a great finale.

message 7: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Wow, Pandy. Thanks for all the info. It gets me even more excited for the movie.

I've always thought the Ron/Hermione moment should be changed for film, so I'm glad they're making something more of it. And I also agree that the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort has to vamped up for film. Leaving Hogwarts is an excellent suggestion.

I think it's probably wise to move Snape's death since the Shrieking Shack is too complicated to get in and out of. It's not the location that matters anyway. Like Diamond, what I want most is for them to do justice to The Prince's Tale. If that scene makes me emotional, I will consider the film a success, well that and getting emotional about Harry, either going into the forest or something at the end, something to make me feel like I've invested years with him and it's over and it's sad. I can't believe the last film is finally here and then it really will be the end. I hope it's a great finale.

message 8: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

No problem, Annalisa. :)

I hope the walk to the forest is emotional too. I'd like to know how long it will be.

I can't believe that this is the final film, either. I'm impatient for news, and I hope we get a trailer this month, but at the same time I don't really want it to end.

message 9: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I know right? Here are some of my wishes.

On screen deaths for Tonks and Lupin and maybe Colin.
A fully explained, non-butchered, prince's tale.
Molly Weasly's line. If they take that out I'll die.
McGonagall's duel with Snape.
I know this won't happen, but I wish they'd play Days of Summer at the end of the movie. Or End of An Era by Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay: Is it just me or did they not have Griphook (that was his name right?) in the last scene? If they didn't, how will they get into Gringotts?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

message 11: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) I don't remember seeing him in the last scene, but I'm pretty sure they show Dobby taking him to Shell Cottage before taking the trio so there's the assumption that he's there.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmmm... I hope that you're right Annalisa, or else the movie will be messed up!!!

message 13: by Annalisa (last edited Jan 16, 2011 08:25PM) (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) It makes me want to go back and watch that part but I'll have to wait until it's released on DVD :). I can't remember seeing Dobby take Griphook, but I remember Harry telling him to take Luna and company.

message 14: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments Yeah, they took Griphook. But then I blacked out of awesomeness when Dobby started to untwist the chandelier.

message 15: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa (goodreadsannalisa) Guitar Chick-Dolly Dagger wrote: "I blacked out of awesomeness."

:)

message 16: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Guitar Chick-Dolly Dagger wrote: "Yeah, they took Griphook."

That's right. Griphook will definitely be in. There have been pictures from DH2 of him near Shell Cottage. He's also in the mine cart in the trailer for both parts, I think. You can see Dobby apparating with him in this five second clip:
http://video.the-leaky-cauldron.org/v...

message 17: by Rachel (last edited Jan 21, 2011 11:41AM) (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments All amazing comments from everyone. I also agree that The Prince's Tale and the final Harry/Voldy duel must be spectacular. But most of all for me....

THE RON/HERMIONE KISS MUST BE FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!

I am very encouraged by the details Pandy mentioned earlier about this scene. These two are my couple and I just can't believe we are getting closer and closer to finally seeing the scene where they get together. I can't imagine it will disappoint me however it looks, but if the kiss is particularly...well, HOT basically, I will be even more satisfied. It will just give that storyline, which the filmmakers have excelled at presenting so far, the perfect finish.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

[image error]

message 19: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments Erm..... That can't be in the movie!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I know..... just thought it was cute!!!!!!

message 21: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments It is! I'm a huge Ron Hermione shipper.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hmm, I found lots of new pics, or so I think... Let me get the link...

Ah ha!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

message 23: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

I really like the pictures, not including the one of Draco in the epilogue. (They've all been out for quite some time, so they're not exactly new.) I especially love the Ron/Hermione picture from the battle.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Pandy wrote: "I really like the pictures, not including the one of Draco in the epilogue. (They've all been out for quite some time, so they're not exactly new.) I especially love the Ron/Hermione picture from t..."

Yeah, I figured that out... I just thought they were kind of cool.

I especially love the one of Ron and Hermione too.

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah25ahmed) | 75 comments *Ella* wrote: ""

where did u find that pic?!?!?! it is SO cute!!! but they aren't dating...where's tat from??

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

**Sarah** wrote: "*Ella* wrote: ""

where did u find that pic?!?!?! it is SO cute!!! but they aren't dating...where's tat from??"

Go to http://www.images.google.com , then search for "Ron and Hermione kissing".

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments **Sarah** wrote: "*Ella* wrote: ""

where did u find that pic?!?!?! it is SO cute!!! but they aren't dating...where's tat from??"

It's a Photoshopped pic.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Abi wrote: "I absolutely agree with you there. Especially with this next movie there are moments that definitely would do better with silence. We don't need music constantly playing in the background."

The part of the movie that really bugged me was when they jsut had a montage of the radio playing and it wasted like five minutes...

message 29: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Do you mean that the montage is just too long or that you don't like the way it was done at all?

I actually really like the radio along with The Exodus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQoHIh...) playing in the background, and I like how the montage focuses on Ron. The mounting death toll adds to the hopeless atmosphere and helps explain Ron's frustration and fear. I know that the montage doesn’t seem to advance the plot, but I think it’s a necessary build up to Ron’s departure (and is important in showing the trio’s depression and aimlessness, as well).

I do agree that silence is effective sometimes. I think the absence of music works well in the Snatcher Chase.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

It was too long. First minute or two was pretty good, but it basically after that, it kept playing the duo finding some random forest, unpacking, sitting there, packing, leaving, then Ron sitting there sadly, and then it started over there again.

message 31: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Mar 17, 2011 11:37PM) (new)

After seeing the new ABC family featurette (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.p...), I'm even more excited for The Prince's Tale (I hope that's a good thing). I love the shot of Snape at Godric's Hollow.

I hope there's another new featurette this weekend. It was nice to see something new finally.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments I simply want it to be a worthy finale to this phenomenal series and does J.K.R justice.

I think I was hyperventilating when I see that featurette. The bit where Ginny was screaming, do you think it was because of Fred or Harry? Personally, I think it was when she saw Harry dead but not 100% sure.

message 33: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Mar 20, 2011 09:32PM) (new)

I guess we can't be sure, but my first thought was that she's screaming about Harry's "death" too. Neville seems to be holding the sorting hat. I can't wait to see how the scene plays out.

The glimpse of Fred's body is so sad. :(

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments I know! I replayed that so many times to see every detail of that 1 second clip. I feel so sorry for George.

message 35: by Claire (new)

Claire | 15 comments i am so excited for the part where harry saves draco

message 36: by AA (new)

AA | 85 comments Me too haha :D

That, and Ron and Hermione's kiss, the fight between Molly and Bellatrix. I also want to see how they're going to handle Fred's death.

message 37: by Claire (new)

Claire | 15 comments I also can't wait for snapes memory

message 38: by AA (new)

AA | 85 comments Claire wrote: "I also can't wait for snapes memory"

That too! :D

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments Ditto! I hope they do it well,'I'd be so disappointed if they changed anything else (because, you know, they changed the setting to 'the boat house', where ever that is...).

message 40: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments Ah, we saw Fred's body!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what would be cool?
If the 3D glasses were Spectre Specs or Harry's glasses. Random thought.

Featureette gave some tasty glimpses. I'm too excited for my own good.

message 41: by Swati (new)

Swati Singh | 21 comments *Ella* wrote: "I know..... just thought it was cute!!!!!!"

YEAH! I ALSO REALLY LIKE THE PIC VERY MUCH.

message 42: by Swati (new)

Swati Singh | 21 comments I AM ALSO AGRE ABOUT EXTENDING THE PRINCE'S TALE MORE .THERE IS NO NEED OF BACKGROUND MUSIC ,THOUGH THERE SHOULD BE SONG IN THE END TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING

message 43: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Apr 02, 2011 03:04PM) (new)

Harry/Ollivander scene from the beginning of DH2:

http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-pot...

Edit: WB has requested that the leaked scene be taken down. It's supposed to be released officially with DH1 on blue-ray, I think.

It's great that we seem to be getting more news about DH2 finally (not to mention a few deleted scenes from part 1!

According to this description, a bit of Snape fighting McGonagall was included in the DH2 footage shown at Cinemacon. I really hope that this shows up in a trailer soon and is not cut for some reason from the film.

Heyman has also said that DH2 will be the shortest film, and that the epilogue will be about two minutes long. I don't think this is worrying news since DH2 does have much less than other the other films to cover in terms of the plot. I just hope that The Prince's Tale isn't rushed.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments If you think about, the whole movie basically takes up two days.

The trio go to Gringotts then escape, disapparate to Hogsmeaded, into Room of Requirement then battle. The showdown between Harry and Voldemort happens the next day at dawn.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments Yeah it's at some place called the 'boathouse'. Probably where the first years' boats are kept. Snape and Lily probably had a good memory there or something.

Miss Silvertongue (misssilvertongue) | 105 comments He does doesn't he?

message 47: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 123 comments I hope they don't make it to short. Especially the epilogue.

message 48: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

David Barron has said (http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-pot...) that the epilogue will be around two minutes and Heyman has said (http://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-pot...) that DH2 will be the shortest of the films.

I think the epilogue might be a bit short, considering some of the comments by test screen viewers (which can be read by scrolling down to "Nineteen Years Later" here). Apparently, Ron doesn't speak at all, and Draco isn't shown. I'm not sure if this will be changed for the actual film.

message 49: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments They re-shot the epilouge at some point so I don't know.

message 50: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (last edited Apr 24, 2011 02:00PM) (new)

The epilogue was re-shot in December - the footage that was re-shot was used in the test screening. The viewers mentioned that the aging (unlike in the original photos that were released) was not very obvious. Tom Felton mentioned that he did not do reshoots, I think, so that might explain why people didn't see Draco.

« previous 1