Twilight Lovers! discussion

Books > Breaking Dawn...

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Susie/Ashmoon (snicolaysen18) | 757 comments Mod
Havn't read it yet...but when I do, I will come here!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i haven't either, but who cares? its finally out!!!

message 3: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Lol!! I know!!

message 4: by Silver (new)

Silver im saving my money for brisingr and plus i wanted to read twilight first so i probably won't get to read it very soon...

message 5: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

AGH!! THe first 6 chapters were SOOO good!! :D

message 6: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

Hannah Lindsey (hannah_l) | 744 comments Mod
I FINISHED I FINISHED I FINISHED YAY!!!

It was SO GOOD! I love the Romanian vampires! :)

message 7: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Hey! Don't spoil...I will finish it...soon.

message 8: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

Okay, I won't spoil. But I LOVE IT!!!!

message 9: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

I know the Frist...I think 6 chapters!!

message 10: by Maagzers (new)

Maagzers (soccerfreak) | 2 comments what? how do u guys know the first six chapters?
tell me one little thing.. please.
is the book in jacob's point of view cus i heard sum1 say that. is it true?

message 11: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Part of it. it goes Bella, Jacob, Bella

message 12: by Silver (new)

Silver i sooooooooooooooooo want to read it all ive read is the very first part untill she is putting gas in her car. it is on the website.

message 13: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Yeah...it gets so much better! Ugh! I won't spoil it....

message 14: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

Ah! Must - resist - spoiling - the - book... ugh... I'm having to exhibit extreme self-control to stop from blurting the entire book all over the place...

message 15: by Sella (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

Sella Malin DON'T READ THE NEXT COMMENT IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS FOR THE BOOK!!!

don't say I didn't warn you...

I loved Breaking Dawn!! I think it was amazing. The best of the series, definitely, and maybe even the best book I've ever read!! It was so exciting and heart-racing and stunning!! I loved how everything was so unexpected. I would never have guessed the things that Meyer came up with, but I loved them all the same!! Bella's power is so cool. I love Renesmee, she's so sweet! I'm glad that Bella can have both Edward and a child. When I first found out that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee I got SO mad, but then now I realize it's a good thing.

It's funny...before I read Breaking Dawn, I really really really hated Jacob. Now I like him, as a friend. It's weird how the book changed my view of him. Maybe because he grew up a bit and is nicer, or maybe because looking through his eyes makes me see him differently. I liked how we got to see Jacob's perspective in the middle.

I love Bella being a vampire!! I feel like she was meant to all along. And I'm glad she's able to keep her connection to Charlie!! I think the reason that she doesn't have to go through the newborn stage is because she KNEW she was going to become a vampire, she wanted to, and she was prepared for it. All the others had no idea that they're going to. And that's why she still has the same human mind.

I love the ending, it was so perfect...*sighs dreamy sigh*

There's just one thing that confuses me a bit. It's been bugging me the whole book...how was Bella able to conceive a child from Edward if he has no sperm??????

Also, I didn't really get the whole scene in their honeymoon, after Bella finds out she's pregnant, and the South American woman gets all freaked out and starts shouting at Edward in that different language...what was the "alien language" that they were speaking? And why did the woman say "Morte" while she touched Bella's swollen stomach? I know it means "death," but it doesn't really make sense why she said that...and what was she shouting about, and what was Edward pleading about...? :-/

Oh yeah and one more thing...I heard that Meyer based the Breaking Dawn plot loosely on the plot of Shakespeare's A Mid Summer Night's Dream. I know the Mid Summer Night's Dream plot, but I didn't really see any shadow of that in Breaking Dawn...can someone tell me how??

message 16: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

WARNING: SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Renesmee scared me. Too much like Claudia in Anne Rice. Actually, a lot of things about the vampires made me think Anne Rice. Pretty much a direct copy, except the glittering in the sunlight. I don't see how Stephenie Meyer couldn't have read them.

I think it was just a glitch, the way she had Renesmee. It wasn't supposed to happen, but Stephenie Meyer ignored that and went ahead.

I don't know what the South American woman was about... maybe it was just to show old beliefs and cultures in South America? Show that she knew the baby would kill her, and Edward was pleading not to scare Bella?

Well, it seemed to me like there was a lot more of who's-in-love-with-who stuff, which might have something to do with A Mid Summer Night's Dream. Everyone loves everyone and then they love someone else and they don't really know who to love.

I love the ending too... but I don't think it'll be the last book. Stephenie Meyer hinted it would be the last book... from Bella's point of view. Maybe the next will be Jacob and Renesmee getting together? It could make a whole plot, I suppose... throw in the Volturi, maybe rogue vampires, hardships because Renesmee's a weird vampire-human and Jacob's a werewolf...

message 17: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin No, Meyer said herself on her website that the next book is going to be Twilight in Edward's point of view.

message 18: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

Blech. I like my idea better. :(

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (tinkluver) | 1 comments i agree. i luvd breaking dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 20: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

I'm getting there....soon to finnish...

message 21: by Krista (new)

Krista Benson (shscaptain1234) | 4 comments SPOILERS...

Is anyone else irritated by the "fight" scene with the Volutri? I thought it was a bit lame. Lots of talking. Couldn't there be just a bit of fighting?

I think that the old lady on the island may be been talking her native tounge when she was "talking like an alien"....and I think that Edward DOES have sperm...since men's body's don't have to change for childbirth and woman's do, they were able to have a kid.

I wish I could have pictured the wedding better, it sounded beautiful. I'll just have to wait for the movie...

message 22: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

I don't see how they could turn that into a movie. With the childbirth and the turning into a vampire and all of the... err... scenes that aren't described but... well... uh... if you know what I mean....

But they'll figure out how to do it. Movie writers are experts and finding loopholes and such. XD

message 23: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Yep.

message 24: by Krista (new)

Krista Benson (shscaptain1234) | 4 comments I'm sure it will be careful editing..but I imagine if the other movies do well then they will certainly continue with this one.

message 25: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (herdmom) **SPOILERS**

I had to stop reading for a minute when Bella got pregnant and decide whether or not I was going to be irritated about that...I mean honestly, how could Edward's sperm cells ever DIVIDE in order to create a child?! Shouldn't they be frozen in the state they were in? But then, because I very much wanted Bella to experience motherhood (even if it was in a really, really, fast-forwarded kind of way) I decided to go with the flow and enjoy it. And I suspected from the moment she conceived that Jacob would end up imprinting on the baby.

I also kind of liked that changing Bella into a vampire was a matter of life or death, and I was glad that the agreement was reached so that it wouldn't violate the treaty.

As far as the Volturi scene, I think a little more action would have been fun. But I guess it showed just how cowardly the Volturi were in anything like a fair fight.

I saw an interview with Stephenie Meyer where she said that Breaking Dawn was based loosely on A Midsummer Night's Dream and another book, but she wouldn't say which one. I haven't been able to figure out what the other one is, does anyone else know?

message 26: by Krista (new)

Krista Benson (shscaptain1234) | 4 comments I heard that the other book may be The Merchant of Venice....but I'm not sure. I haven't read either to be honest. (I know I should, but I can't read classics unless I'm assigned to)

I agree with pp about the whole imprinting thing. I guess it ties up a lose end, but it is werid...a baby? of the girl you love? odd.

True...sperm are living cells. I guess the pregancy something you just have to swallow and accept. I guess it is a vampire story lol.

*luv of ur life* (aka caitlin) havent read it yet

message 28: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

I finished!

message 29: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

Yay! What did you think?

message 30: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

It was awsome!!

message 31: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) I just finished it! I love it! I no longer hate Jacob irrationally!

message 32: by Susie/Ashmoon, ~Christy~Owen~Rosalina~ (new)

Me either!!

message 33: by Hannah, ~Madeline~Stefan~Louis~ (new)

Yeah!

message 34: by Allie (new)

Allie (pearlrose95) yay!

message 35: by Silver (new)

Silver they said they'd include the prom in the movie, so i think it will stop after that.