Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Separate series. Not Editions.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (silverwordz) | 4 comments I just joined the site yesterday so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong place.

While adding books to my shelves yesterday I ran across a problem with:
Warriors Box Set (Books 1-6)
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...
and
Warriors: The New Prophecy Box Set (Books 1-6)
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28...

They are linked together as editions, when in fact they are two different saga arcs.

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (silverwordz) | 4 comments The ISBN numbers appear to be incorrect on The New Prophecy Set as well.

The should be:

Warriors Box
ISBN-10: 0061477931
ISBN-13: 978-0061477935

Warriors: The New Prophecy Box
ISBN-10: 0061448982
ISBN-13: 978-0061448980

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Thanks for catching that, Mandy. I've separated them, and I'll make sure that they get hooked into their correct series listings.

I'm not sure what you mean about a problem with the ISBNs, though; the numbers you list are the numbers on the record, aren't they?

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (silverwordz) | 4 comments Thanks!

When I was looking at them as editions it showed the same ISBN numbers for both boxes on both pages.

They're displaying correct now.

Thanks again, now I can add both to my shelf. :)

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Great! (Whew, there are a lot of interconnected series there! I tried to put links between them all and do some general clean-up; please do let me know if there's anything else there which needs to be put right....)

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments p.s. You can actually add two editions of the same book to your shelf -- you just add one as usual and the other directly from its book page -- but you shouldn't have to in this case, since they're clearly different things.

message 7: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (silverwordz) | 4 comments Yeah! With the three current boxed sagas and the fourth currently coming out, plus the single volumes and then all the manga volumes! It becomes a hot mess quickly.

But I do love it ever so much.

And I don't know anything about the Seekers series. Yet.

As far as I can tell the rest of it looks correct, but I'm still finding my footing here and getting used to what things are supposed to look like.

I had tried to add the other edition as well, but I clearly was not looking in the right place to do it. Just couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks so much for your quick assistance, and all the help. :)