Harry Potter discussion

Characters > Who Else Would You Kill Off?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.K. (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:37PM) (new)

T.K. Kenyon | 7 comments As an evil complement to the "Who would you save?" thread, if you could kill one more character in the HP Saga, who would bite it, and why?

Out of personal spite, I think Dolores Umbridge could have been impaled on her own quill, or stomped by a centaur.

Ditto for Rita Skeeter. She could have bought the farm as an "embedded" war correspondent and had a pike "embedded" in her.

I'm surprised Ron and Hermione both survived. They seemed a bit "an heir and a spare."

TK Kenyon
www.tkkenyon.com

message 2: by Michele (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Michele | 20 comments I agree re: the survival of Ron & Hermione. Not to say that the losses of life that occurred weren't tragic but I was really expecting one of the 3 to die (permanently). I am grateful though since I don't think that I would have bore it well emotionally.

message 3: by Jane (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Jane I love the idea of Umbridge impaled on her own quill.

message 4: by Sarah Anne (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:38PM) (new)

Sarah Anne (sarahaf712) | 38 comments Any of the Malfoys. Or Macnair. Did he die? I can't remember.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Dolores Umbridge was one of the most detestable characters I have encountered in a long time. I think it would have been poetic justice to have "I am a pompous, self-righteous ass" permanently enscribed on her forehead. Then we could run the quill through her :)

message 6: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments I am totally relieved that Ron and Hermione survived so don't even think about killing them off! Umbridge would deserve it though! I agree Sarah.

message 7: by Meghan (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Meghan | 686 comments Umbridge! Umbridge! We don't care!
Spank her bum and pull her hair!!

message 8: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I would kill the one person that started and caused all the pain in the wizarding world. Lord Voldemort.

message 9: by Peng (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:43PM) (new)

Peng | 317 comments DOLORES UMBRIDGE!!!! i would have killed that bitch with my own bare hands! she just piss me off, the things she did to make other people unhappy! lucius malfoy is also in my wish list. he's a coward and acting like a toughy on harry but cowering in front of voldemort. hmp! i'm gonna kiss jk for not killing the 3 heroes! mwaaaahhh!

message 10: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Tara | 83 comments Meghan: I love your chant! I think the Hogwarts House Cheerleaders will need to do that one at the next Quidditch match (if they had cheerleaders that is).

I'm on board with everyone else: definitely Umbridge! What a pompous bitch! I think I actually threw a temper tantrum when she punished Harry. That's a woman who deserved to have a voodoo doll made of her and have it tortured and put threw the ringer! I love that the quill was how she died! Although, that voodoo doll would have been fun too!

"Umbridge! Umbridge! We don't care!
Spank her bum and pull her hair!!" I LOVE IT! I think I'm going to say that all day while I'm killing time here at work. Woo hoo!

message 11: by Steph (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:46PM) (new)

Steph (kitsune_chan) | 47 comments definetly kill Umbridge

message 12: by Tess (last edited Aug 25, 2016 01:53PM) (new)

Tess | 134 comments Umbridge and Draco's father, Lucius.

message 13: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments UMBRIDGE

message 14: by Weirdology (new)

Weirdology I agree that one of Harry's friends should have died. Out of the two I would prefer it to be Ron because I don't really like him. heh. Also Umbridge and Fenrir Greyback. Or did Fenrir die already? I don't remember. Oh! And Ginny too! Harry can marry someone else.

message 15: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments I think Greyback died too.

message 16: by Tulika (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 58 comments deleted user wrote: "Dolores Umbridge was one of the most detestable characters I have encountered in a long time. I think it would have been poetic justice to have "I am a pompous, self-righteous ass" permanently ens..."

Exactly, Umbridge! I don't believe that miserable hag survived through all of it! She's one of the characters I loathe.... Ugh! Even thinking about it is making me angry.... She was one of the reasons that Sirius died(atleast I blame her)

message 17: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 219 comments Really? I tend to blame Bellatrix... And when she was alive she would gladly claim the murder as her own... Though I would love to hear you evidence on the Umbrige thing....
I might choose Bellatrix because then Dobby and Sirius would be alive...

message 18: by Tulika (last edited Nov 25, 2011 12:35PM) (new)

Tulika (yuvaine) | 58 comments Hehe of course she was the one to fire the spell in the end.... maybe I take that as a natural phenomenon, like Bellatrix being a set villain will obviously kill him, and she did die in the end, spectacularly too, if I may add..... I think Umbridge is responsible for the set of events that led to it...though if you think closely she isn't. Damn, I just want another reason to hate her and there's nothing more severe than that :/ *sigh* why am I even trying to explain?!

message 19: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 48 comments T.K. wrote: "As an evil complement to the "Who would you save?" thread, if you could kill one more character in the HP Saga, who would bite it, and why?

Out of personal spite, I think Dolores Umbridge could..."

Oh my GOD, she finally put Ron and Hermione together, and then you would kill one of them!?!? NO WAY!!

And I agree with everyone else--seeing Umbridge get it would have been very satisfying.

Bumblebeebookworm | 87 comments Dolores Umbridge, always hated her, she's just evil.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Umbridge... Ron (cause someone in the 3 could have died... J.K Rowling said she was maybe going to kill of Ron) and maybe... um... i think thats it...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, I think that if one of the three had to die it would be Ron...however, I'm glad she didn't kill him, because then it would have seemed like EVERYONE was dying...I've read books where most of the main characters die, and it's just too much; it goes from a heartbreaking but unavoidable casualty of war to the impression that the author is deliberately and maliciously killing off all the characters that have been so wonderfully developed thus far.
J.K.Rowling walked a fine line between an and-all-lived-happily-ever-after and a bloodbath, and personally I think that she made the right decisions (except maybe Fred...but let's not get into that).

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) | 57 comments I wouldn't kill of anyone else!

message 24: by l (new)

l | 144 comments Rita Skeeter. That woman makes me want to slam my head on some concrete.

message 25: by Gabby (last edited Sep 28, 2012 11:10AM) (new)

Gabby (gkj19) | 54 comments I would kill off Mundungus Fletcher. He is the reason that Moody is dead. Umbridge is already mental from the centaurs. Hermione could exploit Rita Skeeter as a illegal Animagus at any time. Skeeter and Umbridge can't do anything so why kill them? And if I had to pick one of Harry's friends to die then it would be Luna. Hermione, Ron, Neville, and Ginny are too important. Hermione, Ron, and Neville each destroyed a Horcrux and Ginny was a leader of the DA when Harry was gone. Luna is a bit useless. Sure, she helped in the DA and fought Bellatrix with Ginny and Hermione. But aside from that all she did was be a good friend to Harry. I know that's important but she didn't have any major part in Voldemort's defeat.

message 26: by Julie (new)

Julie | 275 comments Antonin Dolohov. He deserves it for killing Remus Lupin.

message 27: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 376 comments Everyone who is in favor of impaling Umbridge on her quill, you have my vote.

Rita Skeeter should be shut in her beetle-jar for the rest of her life.

And any Death Eaters who are still alive (is Dolohov still alive?) and killed people I love in the series - remaining Death Eaters aside from Malfoy can go to hell by the express route.

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Graf | 13 comments Since Umbridge seems to be a given, I'll say Rita Skeeter.

message 29: by Joel (new)

Joel Elezaj | 5 comments Ron and maybe Draco, would've been more interesting if Draco died protecting some first years or something, maybe I would've liked his character in the end if that happened.

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmawright) NOT RON!!!

Definitely Umbridge :) I wish Bellatrix didn't die XD

message 31: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Brigham | 3 comments Harry should have died in the end. It would have made sense

message 32: by Ella (new)

Ella Nisker | 57 comments Tyler, you don't make sense!

message 33: by Ella (new)

Ella Nisker | 57 comments Def lucius and umbridge

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't really know... I don't think the book would have ended the same way if any others had died, but if I had to choose one person I would choose Filch.

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Rivera (nicolelrivera) | 31 comments Umbridge. Hands down.

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Bertao | 3 comments I actually think that Harry dying would have made more sense then him surviving given the links between him and Voldemort throughout the entire series.

Not that I wanted him to die...

message 37: by Stella (new)

Stella (beautifulmeanings) | 115 comments Personally, I'm glad Ron and Hermione both survived. Otherwise, they couldn't date after the war.

Umbridge's death would be cool. It would be rather interesting if Harry killed her off.

With Rita Skeeter, well I would kill her off too, but I don't know if it should be Hermione, Harry, Ron or even Viktor who kills her.

message 38: by Gabi (new)

Gabi Zamora | 11 comments Umbridge and Rita Skeeter can go die in a hole

message 39: by Rink (new)

Rink Law | 2 comments I think the only thing that everyone completely agrees on is that Umbridge deserved to die I mean literally everyone hates her with a passion

message 40: by Jojobean (new)

Jojobean Umbridge. I think she was the first book character i ever hated. She can die a fiery death