Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Does anyone listen to the audiobooks available at Cracker Barrel?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2 comments Hey,

Just wondered if anyone gets audiobooks from Cracker Barrel? They carry maybe 30 different current titles that can be rented for $3.50 a week. Well, they charge you the entire price of the book at check out and when you bring it back they refund all but the $3.50.

I have uploaded them onto my ipod and taken them back the same week, so in theory it is a much better deal than audible.com.

I guess the drawback is the limited selection, but in the month that I have discovered the books the selection has turned over nicely. Additionally, the books can be dropped off at any Cracker Barrel in the US.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol | 75 comments Michelle wrote: "Hey,

Just wondered if anyone gets audiobooks from Cracker Barrel? They carry maybe 30 different current titles that can be rented for $3.50 a week. Well, they charge you the entire price of th..."

That's a great idea, Michelle! I have gotten audiobooks from Cracker Barrel when I'm on a driving trip, but I never thought of just doing it at home. It is very inexpensive! Unfortunately, the CBs are both 45 min - 1 hr away from me. I could get a few of the books when I travel and download them for later on, though!

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 1546 comments I have never heard of that! It is a great idea though - gets travelers to eat there each time they stop. I know there is a similar thing for truck drivers at various gas stations, but I have never done it.

message 4: by Emma B (new)

Emma B | 17 comments Great idea - I've gotten them while traveling, but not occurred to me to do it locally. However, would their selection be as good as my local (free) library? We get such a wide selection of audiobooks, updated about every two weeks, via the library's usage of Overdrive at our library's online site.

But still, worth a trip to the local CB just to see what they've got.