75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2011 Completed) > Kathy R's 2011 Book Challenge List

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 1. Death of an Outsider by M.C. Beaton Death of an Outsider (Hamish Macbeth, #3) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

Starting out 2011 where I started 2010, with M.C. Beaton. I'm going back now and picking up the books at the beginning of the series. Can't believe I started in the middle of a series last year, very unlike me.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 2. Death of a Perfect Wife by M.C. Beaton Death of a Perfect Wife (Hamish Macbeth, #4) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 3: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Kathy - I myself have a very hard time starting in the middle of a series. I inadvertently did so buy picking up a book on a whim at the library and I'm currently going through the same process. Good luck starting back at the beginning!

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Christy wrote: "Kathy - I myself have a very hard time starting in the middle of a series. I inadvertently did so buy picking up a book on a whim at the library and I'm currently going through the same process. ..."

Thanks, Christy. It's an obsession now. I have to finish the first of the series before I can read anything else. Geez, how OCD can I get?

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 3. Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton Death of a Hussy (Hamish Macbeth, #5) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 4. Death of a Snob by M.C. Beaton Death of a Snob (Hamish Macbeth, #6) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 5. Death of a Prankster by M.C. Beaton Death of a Prankster (Hamish Macbeth, #7) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 6. Death of a Travelling Man by M.C. Beaton Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth, #9) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 9: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 7. Death of a Charming Man by M.C. Beaton Death of a Charming Man (Hamish Macbeth, #10) by M.C. Beaton (3 stars)

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 8. House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo House of Dark Shadows (Dreamhouse Kings, #1) by Robert Liparulo (4 stars) Kindle

message 11: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 9. Death of a Nag by M.C. Beaton Death of a Nag (Hamish Macbeth, #11) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 12: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 10. Death of a Macho Man by M.C. Beaton Death of a Macho Man (Hamish Macbeth, #12) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

This one was particularly good!

message 13: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 11. Death of a Dentist by M.C. Beaton Death of a Dentist (Hamish Macbeth, #13) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 14: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 12. Death of a Scriptwriter by M.C. Beaton Death of a Scriptwriter (Hamish Macbeth, #14) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 13. Death of an Addict by M.C. Beaton Death of an Addict (Hamish Macbeth, #15) by M.C. Beaton (4 stars)

message 16: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Are you caught up on the series yet Kathy? If not, you look like you've made some serious progress. :)

message 17: by Kathy (last edited Feb 04, 2011 09:55AM) (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Christy wrote: "Are you caught up on the series yet Kathy? If not, you look like you've made some serious progress. :)"

I've finally finished the series. Well, actually there are 2 that I had trouble finding, the 1st one and another early one, but I'm not sure if I'll go back and try to find them at this point. I had already read from the middle to the end of the series, so now I'm waiting for the next one that comes out the end of this month.

message 18: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 14. The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett (5 stars)

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 15. The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb (4 1/2 stars)

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 16. Left Neglected by Lisa Genova Left Neglected by Lisa Genova (5 stars)

message 21: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4125 comments Mod
Oh Kathy, I'm glad the you loved Genova's new book! I can't wait to read it :)

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Andrea wrote: "Oh Kathy, I'm glad the you loved Genova's new book! I can't wait to read it :)"

She deals with such fascinating matter (grey matter, lol)!

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 17. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (5 stars)

Great reading!

message 24: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 18. Death of a Chimney Sweep by M.C. Beaton Death of a Chimney Sweep (Hamish Macbeth, #27) by M.C. Beaton

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 19. A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3) by Alan Bradley (5 stars)

message 26: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 20. A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray by Ann Martin A Dog's Life Autobiography of a Stray by Ann M. Martin (4 stars)

message 27: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Kthy I discovered Alan Bradley this year and I am in love with his writing and little Flavia!

message 28: by Amy J. (new)

Amy J. | 595 comments Kathy wrote: "20. A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray by Ann Martin A Dog's Life Autobiography of a Stray by Ann M. Martin(4 stars)"

That sound's very interesting!

message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Andrea wrote: "Kthy I discovered Alan Bradley this year and I am in love with his writing and little Flavia!"

Glad to hear you love Flavia, too, Andrea!

message 30: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Amy wrote: "Kathy wrote: "20. A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray by Ann Martin A Dog's Life Autobiography of a Stray by Ann M. Martin(4 stars)"

That sound's very interesting!"

I thought it very sweet. Ann Martin authored another book after this one, Everything for a Dog, that tells the story of Bone, Squirrel's (the dog in A Dog's Life) brother and what happened to him. I plan on reading it soon.

message 31: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 21. My Reading Life by Pat Conroy My Reading Life by Pat Conroy (5 stars)

message 32: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

kathy, I really enjoyed learning about Conroy and his life!

message 33: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Kathy wrote: "17. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (5 stars)

Great reading!"

One of my book clubs is about to start this one. Glad to see you enjoyed it!

message 34: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Kathy wrote: "19. A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3) by Alan Bradley (5 stars)"

Reading this one now and I'm loving it so far!

message 35: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Christy wrote: "Kathy wrote: "19. A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3) by Alan Bradley (5 stars)"

Reading this one now and I'm loving it so far!"

So glad you're enjoying it. I just love Flavia!

message 36: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Andrea wrote: "kathy, I really enjoyed learning about Conroy and his life!"

He made it all so interesting. It was just like listening to him talk.

message 37: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 22. Silent Mercy by Linda Fairstein Silent Mercy (Alexandra Cooper, #13) by Linda Fairstein (4 stars)

message 38: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 23. The House at Riverton by Kate Morton The House at Riverton by Kate Morton (4 1/2 stars)

message 39: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm reading the second Flavia book as we speak and I'm just in live with that little girl.

message 40: by Dawn Michelle (new)

Dawn Michelle | 2935 comments I just got the third Flavia book! I LOVE her!! So quirky! I even got my mom hooked!! ;-) To be fair, she introduced me to Hamish McBeth and as soon as I find Death of a Gossip (the first one and ONLY one we do not have), I will start that series. She LOVES him too!!

I enjoyed "The Forgotten Garden", but found it really sad. And I CANNOT wait to read the new Lisa Genova book as well. I hope my library gets it in soon!!

And I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Blue Balliet books. Those three kids just were amazing. I need to re-read all three of them again. But I have to say, The Wright 3 was probably my favorite!!! I love books that engage you AND where you learn something without realizing you are learning!! :-)

message 41: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Dawn Michelle wrote: "I just got the third Flavia book! I LOVE her!! So quirky! I even got my mom hooked!! ;-) To be fair, she introduced me to Hamish McBeth and as soon as I find Death of a Gossip (the first one and ON..."

Dawn, good luck on finding Death of a Gossip. It's the only one I haven't read. I think I can order it used on Amazon, going to go back and check. I agree with you about The Wright 3; it's my favorite one, too. I hope you get to read the new Lisa Genova book, Left Neglected, soon. She has become a new favorite author of mine. It's so cool that you and your mom both enjoy the Flavia series and soon the Hamish MacBeth ones.

message 42: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Andrea wrote: "I'm reading the second Flavia book as we speak and I'm just in live with that little girl."

She is quite a gal!

message 43: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 24. These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf (4 stars)

message 44: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 25. Jamaica Inn by Daphne duMaurier Jamaica Inn by Daphne duMaurier (4 stars)

message 45: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 26. A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin (4 stars)

message 46: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Kathy wrote: "26. A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin (4 stars)"

Just reading the name Ann M. Martin brought forth a wave of nostalgia. I used to love the Baby - Sitters Club books.

message 47: by Joy (new)

Joy | 1116 comments Christy wrote: "Kathy wrote: "26. A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin (4 stars)"

Just reading the name Ann M. Martin brought forth a wave of nostalgia..."

I always get that too Christy!!! LOL...

message 48: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments Christy wrote: "Kathy wrote: "26. A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin A Corner Of The Universe by Ann M. Martin (4 stars)"

Just reading the name Ann M. Martin brought forth a wave of nostalgia..."

I didn't know she had written those until after I'd read A Dog's Life: Autobiography of a Stray.

message 49: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 27. Water, Stone, Heart: A Novel by Will North Water, Stone, Heart A Novel by Will North (4 stars)

message 50: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 265 comments 28. Everything for a Dog by Ann M. Martin Everything for a Dog by Ann M. Martin (4 stars)

« previous 1 3