Vampire Lovers discussion

Questions To My Members > Question of the Week #2

Comments Showing 1-50 of 54 (54 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

♠BlueƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷFangs♠ (killinginnocent) | 40 comments Mod
If you could travel with any vampire character in a book/novel/movie to any part of the world what character would you pick, and where would you go?

message 2: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Edward from Twilight naturally probably somewhere secluded but sunny.
or Lestat from Anne Rice's series and I'd love to go with him to Italy or some other exotic historical place.

Girl-wise?- Alice from Twilight- and anywhere would be fun

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 01, 2008 08:58PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Lestat or Marius, to Ireland, Scottland, and England.

message 4: by Mama'sGurl115 (new)

Mama'sGurl115 | 13 comments Scottland...definitely. or at least somewhere with vampire legends.

message 5: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy Baker | 3 comments Oh, definitely Lestat. And we'd probably go kill wolves in France.

♥Stephanie_Nicolewhataboutnow ♥ (stormal) i would chose edward from twilight and we'd probably go to england

message 7: by Cassy (new)

Cassy Kennedy | 6 comments I'd go with Ash from the Dark-Hunter series to meet the Fates.

message 8: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lindsey (hannah_l) Lestat... to EVERYWHERE! All over the world, and see EVERYTHING

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I would go to some sort of sport game with emmett some where warm but not sunny.
I would go to new york with Jack in the blue bloods series.
And to italy with scylur (blue bloods).
And I would problay go shopping with alice, that would be realy fun.

♠BlueƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷFangs♠ (killinginnocent) | 40 comments Mod
I'm super sure that if you shop with Alice you might need A LOT of money

♥BELLA♥ vidaurri (kougar789) | 14 comments i would go ummm somwere not hot

message 12: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Lol I'm sure Alice would just do all the shopping for you anyways and you'd just have to stand still while she played dress up with you lol.

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Armand and I would go anywhere with him.

message 14: by maricar (last edited Aug 06, 2008 09:53AM) (new)

maricar id like to snatch Lucian of the Dark Carpathians and go with him to the (of course) carpathian mountains, then to the italian countryside then the scottish highlands.. oh, joy ^_^

message 15: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Lindsey (hannah_l) Armand rocks. :)

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) Yes he does, I find him adorable.

message 17: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Ditto :)

message 18: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Maricar- About Lucian of th Dark Carpathians, what book is that character from??

message 19: by maricar (new)

maricar oh, he's from Christine Feehan's Dark Series (and Lucian is from the 8th installment, Dark Guardian). actually, I just remembered they're not vampires. in her stories, the vamps are the enemies and the Carpathian hunks are the protectors of humans...lol... by I still vote him by reason of de-lish-ousness!!

message 20: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) Awesome thanks!!! Is it a good series?

message 21: by maricar (new)

maricar my only fave on her series is Dark Guardian. the first few installments were pretty good, very interesting characters and with a unique twist on the whole vampire legend stuff.

most of the male protagonists are very Old-World standoffish kind of a way, and they take the meaning of over-protectiveness to a whole new level -- which was thrilling at first but kind of gets old after several installments. i do recommend her first few books like Dark Prince, Dark Desire...and of course my fave!! if you do get hold of one, tell me what you think, k? no pressure though. hehehe :-)

message 22: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) I will deffinately :) Thank you :)

message 23: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) i would go humor alice from the twilight series and let her play dress-up with me

message 24: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) That would be so much fun!!

message 25: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) it would!

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Ferrel (mishabean) There are too many hot vampires to choose from so I refuse to dignify this question with an answer.

message 27: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) lol you're right, depending on which books you've read, it would be hard to choose.. Edward, Lestat, Saint, Reign, Raven... mmmmmmmm.... (drooling)

message 28: by Crystal (last edited Sep 03, 2008 03:11AM) (new)

Crystal | 13 comments I hate to sound like a broken record but: Edward and Alice from Twilight. I think that Lestat from Anne Rice and Dracula from Bram Stoker's is close behind. I would want to start in the "past" and travel a lot like in Interview. I would have loved to seen New Orleans and London back then.

The "slayer" or "warrior" that I would love to follow is: the group from Blade Trinity and Serena from Underworld. Of course go kicking butt and loving it.

The one that I would avoid(and the location too) is: Selma Hyack (from dusk till dawn) (don't think I spelled here last name right but you get the pic.)

message 29: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) yeah.

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah7299) | 11 comments Since I have not ready many vampire books yet, I would say so far: Edward or Lestat and to somewhere secluded in Italy.
I have an obsession with Italy...my husband is taking me there in 2 years! :)

message 31: by Cary (last edited Nov 25, 2008 09:01AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I would go with Carmilla to Italy and fall in love. Then have here turn me and be a great vampire couple.

message 32: by Ann (new)

Ann Edward anywhere or Alice would be fun too dress-up lol

message 33: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) every1 loves alice. :D

message 34: by mama me ya??? (new)

mama me ya??? (emo_love) italy with edward......so dreamy.............so romantic.........

message 35: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) i'm not sure i like edward @ all after bd...*cringe* plz don't kill me!

message 36: by Cary (last edited Mar 02, 2009 12:50PM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I would definitely go with Carmilla/ Countess Mircalla Karnstien. Because she is described as very beautiful and sensual. Plus she can walk around in the day. However vampires must sleep in their grave at some point each day. So according to old school rules we could not go very far from Styria. Or we could do what Dracula did and bring along a casket of native soil for her to sleep in. In some old stories like "The Vampyre". The vamp can walk around in the day and travel all over England and Europe. So it depends on what rules you play by. But I would take Carmilla to someplace like Paris or Rome. Maybe a sea cruse,LOL. Cary

message 37: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 39 comments Alexis wrote: "Lol I'm sure Alice would just do all the shopping for you anyways and you'd just have to stand still while she played dress up with you lol."

I always found Alice so much fun and sweet to be with. =)~

message 38: by BurgendyA (new)

BurgendyA | 39 comments I would go anywhere with Edward Cullen. With Lestat and Louis to No Orleans or France. Pandora and Marius I would to go to Rome. =)~

message 39: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Edaward, Alexander,all the vampires everyone likes are guys. Are there only women in this group and gays. I never hear anyone mention, Carmilla, Drucilla,Darla, Lucy, Sarah, Vesperthilia blood drinker, vampire, murderer of Flavius Maximus. It's like no girl vampires allowed. How extremely odd.

message 40: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 8 comments Asher, absolutely anywhere.

message 41: by Cary (last edited Feb 27, 2009 04:15AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Pam turned when she was 19. In the Sookie Stackhouse TrueBlood books. She is one way cool vampire chic. The Queen of Louisiana Sophie-Anne is or was 16 and rocks. Her body guard Andre is 19 and looks like he is gona mary her and be King of Arkansas. Andre is one bad ass vamp to mess with. But rather spookie because of his ruthles and total dedication to Sophie. I just don't see the nice guy vamp thing.

message 42: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 8 comments All right Cary I'll be nice, I'll throw a female vamp in just for you. Ivy, I like Ivy. She's from Kim Harrison's Hallows series. Oh and I also like Lissianna and Marguerite Argeneau. Oh and Lady Elyssa Amaterasu Yamato Wentworth. See I like some of the female vamps too. It's just that if I get to pick one to travel anywhere with, being as I am female. I'M picking Asher. He could take me anywhere.

message 43: by Cary (last edited Feb 28, 2009 06:52AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Well how very thoughtful of you. Although I don't know any of these vampire women your talking about. What series are they from? I don't read series books except Sookie Stackhouse TrueBlood. I like single stand on their own type books and short stories better. I like vampires in the old school Slavic tradition. Evil, self centered, dagerous and spooky and beautiful. Living for ever doesn't sound fun to me. Not under the conditions vampires have to meet. I don't see anything romantic about going someplace with anyone who can't walk under the beautiful sunlit sky. Or someone who can't make the transition from day into the night. Ever read "Long Days Journey Into Night". It reminds me of traveling on the open highway all day and on into the night. Carmilla could make this trasition and she liked drinking hot chocolate. She just needed to sleep from early morning to mid day. Now those are hours I can live with. Get up late stay up late. But I have to have a vamp who has it going on by noonish,LOL. C

message 44: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 8 comments Hi Cary, Ok Here is the run down on my vamps, most of them are from a series though, I can't help it I started reading I just want more. Ivy is the vamp from Kim Harrison's Hallows series, she wants to be Rachel's main squeeze, the first book in the series is Dead Witch Walking. She does eat real food too. Lissianna and Marguerite Argeau are from Lynsay Sands Argeneau series they are mother and daughter, this series spins a new twist on the whole vampire thing, They are born vampires, they can turn someone but only one person, usually their soulmate. The vampires in this series originate from Atlantis. You would have to go to www.lynsaysands.net to see what order they should be read in. Lady Elyssa Amaterasu Yamato Wentworth is from Joey W. Hill's The Vampire Queen's Servant. I really liked it, but it is erotica. I have not read Long Days Journey Into Night, I will have to try it and check out your Carmilla. Oh in the Argeneau series they do start eating real food when they have found their mates. My, Asher, is from Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series, he is tormented with his own personal demons, and his bite is orgasmic, and once he has bitten you, you can relive the moment, any time, anywhere, just from a thought. That's why he is my pick.

message 45: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments How very nice of you Kelly to give the the full rundown. A vampire with an orgasmic bite would be pretty hard to resist. They sound like interesting books. Carmilla is my favorite. Because it is so old school yet erroctic way before books like that were fashionalbe. Right now I am reading Charlaine Harris books which are borderline erotic. Not overy done but its in there. I liked You Suck allot to which is a real funny vampire book. Sex,marijuana,cool young vamps and bad Goth girl Abby Normal. Long Days Journey Into Night is not a vampire book. But that would be a cool title for one. Thanks, Cary

message 46: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 8 comments Thanks Cary, I will have to try 'You Suck' I have not read that yet. Lady Elyssa Amaterasu Yamato Wentworth is a thousand-year-old vamp, she might fall into your liking. I have a few Charlaine Harris, I just can't remember which ones when I go to the book store, so I never know which ones to buy. So what book is your Carmilla in? I'm sorry I must have misunderstood you when you mentioned Long Journey into Night, but you are right it would make a good title for a Vampire novel.

message 47: by Cary (last edited Mar 01, 2009 10:43AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I have a whole Carmilla rap in topics. It is usually included in a book of 19th century short stories written in the 1800's. It is what you would call a long short story. I ordered it as a single story from Amazon. I have read it again and again over the years. But it is a very famous story written in 1875. In Dublin Ireland where curiously enough around 1890 Braum Stoker wrote Dracula. The Irish love their ghost stories. Carmilla is free online. You just type in the name Carmilla and shazam there it will be on several sites http://www.sff.net/people/DoyleMacdon...

message 48: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Long Days Yourney Into Night is a Eugene Oniel play that has been made into movies. It is about one day in the life of a dysfunctional family from early morning till midnight. The title always reminds me of a road trip.

message 49: by Kelley (new)

Kelley | 8 comments Thanks Cary! That was a lot of good info and I will definately look into what you have told me. Actually I have probably read Long Days Journey into Night, in one of my old Lit. classes and data-dumped it at some point, but I will look it up to refresh my memory. The title does kind of remind you of road trip, but to me it sounds like that was a bad road trip. I will definately check out Carmilla. Thanks again.

message 50: by Cary (last edited Mar 02, 2009 01:25PM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments A bad road trip. I have never had a bad road trip. Sounds mysteriouis and exiting to me. You just have to forget about where the title came from. Yeah I can see a guy who meets a beautiful girl during a long days adventure who tells him all about vampires and being one. Changing his whole perspective of life as he knows it. Then following her into the night he meets these vampires and is turned,changing his life forever.

« previous 1