Children's Books discussion

Specific Books & Authors > Jan Brett Interviewed in "National Geographic Traveler"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Kathryn | 6163 comments Mod
I was surprised and delighted to find an interview with Jan Brett in the Jan/Feb edition of "National Geographic Traveler" magazine. I thought some of you might enjoy the interview. Even though she isn't always my favorite author/illustrator, I have really enjoyed some of her work and I definitely appreciate her huge contribution to children's literature. She is pretty much living my dream, traveling the world and writing children's books about all the wonderful places, people and animals she encounters :-)

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/...

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1077 comments Thanks, Kathryn. I'm interested to read this!

message 3: by ABC (last edited Jan 03, 2011 03:04PM) (new)

ABC (mary6543) | 341 comments Neat article. Thank you. I personally think Jan Brett is one of the best artists for children's books.

message 4: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Glad you all enjoyed the article ;-)

message 5: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 192 comments Thanks Kathryn! It certainly is nice that she can go directly to the source on so many of her books. To go and look at reindeer hoofs so that you can illustrate them, what fun she must have.

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1077 comments It was very, very interesting. Thanks again, Kathryn!

message 7: by Kathryn, The Princess of Picture-Books (new)

Brenda wrote: "Thanks Kathryn! It certainly is nice that she can go directly to the source on so many of her books. To go and look at reindeer hoofs so that you can illustrate them, what fun she must have."

Oh, I know! I think that is SO cool ;-)

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments She is one of my favorite childrens authors.Thanks for sharing

message 9: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 229 comments Great article!