Team Jacob discussion

Breaking dawn

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allysa (new)

Allysa (luba243) | 4 comments What are your thought's about the new book??

message 2: by Allysa (new)

Allysa (luba243) | 4 comments I started to read it and it is sooooo good i love it it is my favorite one in the series now YYYYYAAAAHHHHHOOOOOO

message 3: by Jostar (new)

Jostar D | 11 comments i finished it and im happy jake's happy but very angry at bella! i love renessmee

message 4: by Ry (new)

Ry (person_1000yahoocom) | 29 comments i am in the third session and cann ot believe that beels is a vamp now and i really like jacob more then ever no cuz u can really c how all this takes a toll on him and u cAN C THAT he has a personality unlike freaking edward who let beella keep theat thing inside her

message 5: by Jostar (new)

Jostar D | 11 comments renessmee is not a thing i would have done the same if i was bella!! and jacob imprints on "that thing"!!!!!!

sorry if im a spoiler!!

message 6: by PandaRanda (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:15AM) (new)

PandaRanda That's very true, I totally agree, Jostar. I have to admit I totally came to love Jacob after Breaking Dawn. That little book in the middle in Jacob's perspective really changed my view on him. I still like Edward the best, and I refuse to like the Jacob from Eclipse, but now I definitely don't despise/detest Jacob anymore, he really touched my heart. That and his chapter titles were hilarious. XD

Also I loved Renesmee, and she definitely isn't "that thing"!! Besides both Edward and Jacob wanted to get rid of Bella's baby, but both of them couldn't do a thing about it, because Bella wanted her baby, and rightfully so, too. I'm not a mother, and way too young to be a mother, but I understand why she wanted Renesmee, regardless of whether she was killing Bella or not. Renesmee was her daughter, it was a part of her, not some alien spawn injected into her. And they both loved each other lots. I was so happy when Edward heard the baby, but I was also real sad for Jacob. But I knew he was going to imprint on Renesmee, I wasn't fooled for one second! XD I was getting pretty worked up when Jacob was going to kill Renesmee, my internal dialogue was like: "NOOOOOOOOOO JACOB!!! THAT'S THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE!!! Don't try and kill her! DDD:" Haha yeah.

I loved the book, everyone important got to be happy in the end, and a happy book makes me a happy person. Simple I know, but that's all I was hoping out of Breaking Dawn, to end the book happily, without any angsty cliff-hanger like all the other books had. And I'm glad I got to know Jacob better, I'm so glad. ^^!

message 7: by Jostar (new)

Jostar D | 11 comments i realy agree with u too pr but i loved jake from the begining so yeah but there was a few cliff hangers.

message 8: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie  | 6 comments Personally I hated Breaking Dawn.

But the part with Jacob's point of view is what helped me from refraining from throwing the book out my window.

I disliked how Jacob imprinted on Renesme cause the idea of imprinting bothers me and I always wanted Jacob to be "free" to choose whomever he could love.

And why Bella's kid? Any kid could have been fine but why her kid? I found it too clicheish and a quick easy way to get rid of the love triangle.(JacobxBelllaxEdward)

There are more reasons why I dislike Breaking Dawn but those are the main ones with Jacob.

I love Jacob though even thorught the whole series.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:36AM) (new)

I like Breaking Dawn, if nothing else than for Jacob. I hadn't liked him until I re-read New Moon in preparation for Breaking Dawn. But now I like him better- he's so much more real than Edward is sometimes.
I thought the imprinting thing was sweet! And I know that I am the only one among my friends who think so! True, I think it was mostly just to resolve the triangle and leave Jacob happy. I mean, was there any other way to have everyone end up happy? I can't think of one. I don't think it was creepy at all

message 10: by Katie (new)

Katie (mmmpepper) I guess I'm happy that everyone's happy, but overall I felt the characters were lacking in this book. They weren't "themselves" ya know? And it is weird for Jacob to imprint on Renesmee. Also, that's the worst possible name she could have come up with. Every time I read it, I cringed.

message 11: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie  | 6 comments @Lassie

I HATE imprinting!! Why? Cause it's like an arranged marriage and brainwashing only Jacob is still Jacob but forced to love Renesme. He may love her but does he really? Does he truly love her for her flaws and her good points. And I personally wanted Jacob out of Bella's life cause she was only causing him pain and he really needed to move on.

I wanted him to be free and choose whom he wanted to love and not be forced to.

Besides imprinting sounds like it's a werewolf thing but in the 4th they said they were shape shifters not werewolves.

And even if he really HAD to end up with Renesme I'd wish there would be at least some character development ex. he disliked her in the beggining but slowly starts to like her, or somehing along those lines.

But the idea of half vampire breeding is technically impossible unless an author would be creative or give specific details on how it could happen(this is a public site so I won't go into any specific details but basically: Can't happen.)

And I felt the characters were seriously OCC. Like Charley should've gone berserk. And the Volturi should've been waaay more tougher than they appeared. The authoress made them look like pansies.

And at first I liked the power thing like how Edward can read minds and Alice can read into the future but after a while it kind of got old and annoying.

There is more but that's all I can think of at this moment.

message 12: by Ry (new)

Ry (person_1000yahoocom) | 29 comments sorry if i offended anyone one calling renesme a thing i was only half way thru the book and i was mad at edward for nearly killing bella

i am with anyone who says jake is the best part of the book cuz seriously his point of view makes everything clearer and i think its kinda funny when he goes to seattle to "imprint" and meets a girl who is interested in the same things as him and things he boosted that car. she would have been a great gf for him

i also hate the whole imprinting thing becuz he needs to grow to love someone as people should not automatically "love" a person and have to get to know them even during marraige.

i agree with lassie on the whole jacob is more real than edward concept. with jake u havcea personality a guy who wants things not only for who he loves but for himself. edward is kinda lame about everything i do is for ur sake bella. plz, wat a lOAD of crap . he has no personality. im sticking with jake thru everything

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary | 47 comments i didnt rele like breaking dawn, but i love jacobs part......the end wasnt that good

message 14: by Ry (new)

Ry (person_1000yahoocom) | 29 comments the ending wasnt good but my totally favorite part was wen bella attacks jake for ccalling renesmee nessie and emmet making things worst about bella and eds relationship and how he and rose broke 4 houses sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny

message 15: by Mary (new)

Mary | 47 comments i personally thought that BD was my least favorite of the books.

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Woodling i was mad about jacob and renesmee. hes supposed to be with bella not her daughter. and bella having a daughter in the first place was just not how the story should be. ugh! and i woould have really enjoyed knowing what it would be like if bella was a werewolf instead of being turned into a vampire

message 17: by Ry (new)

Ry (person_1000yahoocom) | 29 comments but bella having a daughter and jake imprinting on her is just to story line. i mean it coiuld have been the girl at seattle. that would have been a more stephanie meyer move. i think she made jake imprint on renesemee so she could just finish the series.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked it a lot. But i thought renesme's birth was WAY too graphic. I loved how one part was from Jacob's point. I LOVE JACOB

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary | 47 comments i didnt like how jake and renesme were together AT ALL

message 20: by Ry (new)

Ry (person_1000yahoocom) | 29 comments me neither it sucks!!!!!!

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary | 47 comments it was like rele weird!

message 22: by Aliya (new)

Aliya (ayilamina222) | 5 comments i like the 2nd and 3rd book better and the 1st.....the 4th 1 was kinda wierd

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy Petersen | 20 comments i didnt like the 4th book at the beginning cuz Bella turns into a vampire but then when Jacob imprinted on Nessie it wasnt so bad

message 24: by Syd シド (new)

Syd シド ♫Just one of the wolves ♫ (sydaroo) | 88 comments i liked how jake rode around in edwards vanquish i mean come on hav u see the car i totally would get one if a had the money for it and also made me mad i wanted them 2 fight and i kinda wanted someone to die but in a couple so the mate wouldnt b depressed about it and hav the others kill them 2

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle i have to say i agree with the whole imprinting thing. its a biig difference between arranged marrige and imprinting. THink about impring gives you your one true love they would probly be together without the whole dating thing happeneing lol. i loved breaking dawn the end kinda left it open for a new book becuase carlise said that they'd be back and i dont doubt that for a second. my fav part is when bella was training to release her shield from her with zafrina thats about my fav vampire from the book. and when jane and alec got so upset when they couldnt hit there army it made me laugh soo hard cuz they were extremely mad!but if i was bella id be a bit dissapointed at the beggining when she finds out super resistence was her power lol.