The Help Group discussion

Love > Guy trouble

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgen (last edited Jan 02, 2011 01:15PM) (new)

Morgen | 37 comments I'm in high school and I've never had a boyfriend.
There's this guy I really like, but I don't know how to get him to like me.
I talk/text/email him all the time.
I have not told him how I feel yet.
We are pretty good friends.
I've known him for 3 years but I started liking him this year.
He is a year ahead of me in school.
I was going to ask him out in early September but that didn't happen.

message 2: by Sarah Jo. (last edited Jan 02, 2011 01:06PM) (new)

Sarah Jo. (sprinkles4cookies) It's funny my cousin and I were talking about this the other night.

1st.) Do something for yourself.
It helps get your confidence up and puts a smile on your face for a short while.

2nd.) Start asking him questions.
NOT "what's your favorite color" or "do you think the band director is gay?" These are conversation starters for guys you kinda know, but it sounds like you've known this guy.
ASK "what are you afraid of?" or "what do you think about *blank*"
Ask something that you want him to ask you because 65% of the time after a guy is done explaining he'll ask 'What about you?' USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!

3rd.) Don't get too fond of the thought of being with him. Give him room to breathe and save time aside for being you.

I hope this helps.
-Sarah.

message 3: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments That helps so much, thanks! I have been asking him questions like I kinda know him, even though we know each other fairly well. The only problem is, when I try to ask him slightly more personal questions he either ignores them or responds with "Uhhhhh...." I haven't tried the "what do you think about ___" yet. I'll try that!
Thanks so much :)

message 4: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments I know that about 2 months ago he liked another girl, but I don't know if he still does. She doesn't like him, though.

message 5: by Sarah Jo. (last edited Jan 02, 2011 01:28PM) (new)

Sarah Jo. (sprinkles4cookies) That could be one of the questions you ask him.
And my current boyfriend tries to back out of a question by distracting me with another.
DON'T LET HIM DO THIS! Okay? Never.
What I do is I give a small 'giggle' and say "you aren't getting out of it that easily." And repeat what I asked. Why do I repeat? Because most of the time they'll say "What?" as if they didn't hear you.
Another way to bring them back to the question is to say "I asked you first" or "Oh that's cute. You're trying to back out of a question without me noticeing." It's okay to get under a guys' skin but add a couple of laughs in there too. They'll know your on to them and you'll seem a bit flirty.
Don't go too far with the flirty though. If you laugh too much they might start to wonder what made that cool girl so 'ditzy'. (cousin's experiance. not mine.)
If he really doesn't want to answer a question though don't force him to. Just ask "why?" or the ultimate "is everything okay?" when the person gets silent.

message 6: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments Awesome. Thanks so much!!!
I asked another group the same question and I got nothing helpful from it. In 5 messages I get it. Thanks sooooooo much!!

message 7: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) | 367 comments Mod
Hang on. You have only got one side. You ask a girl and you ask a guy. Compare the answers for best results. If you only get one side, that side wont have all the answers. Now, if you have known him for 3 years, then you obviously have trust. So, one way I would suggest is to use that trust. You say you're going to some place you know he'll like, that will also be full of oppurtunities. Like an amusement park or something. Do it this way you wont have him ask it. It usually works. The reason is because You are isolated from the world. Just the two of you. If he doesn't get the hint there, then just keep at it. Or do what I sometimes do: the no regrets method. You type out a whole text explaining your feelings then hit the send button before you can change your mind. Both ways worked for me. Hope this helps a little.

message 8: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments Andy wrote: "Hang on. You have only got one side. You ask a girl and you ask a guy. Compare the answers for best results. ..."

haha I was waiting for that :)

message 9: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments That is some more really great advice! Thanks! :D

message 10: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

You're welcome. Let us know how things work out :)

message 11: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments Ok :)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Can I post my own issue here, too?

message 13: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

In a diffrent topic would be best, but if you don't know how then sure.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

But, my issue is a guy issue, too.

message 15: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Ok, I get that. Hang on, I'll make a new topic for you specifically. Then the responces won't get mixed up.

message 16: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments Thanks:)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Andy wrote: "Ok, I get that. Hang on, I'll make a new topic for you specifically. Then the responces won't get mixed up."

Thanks

message 18: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

So how are things workin out?

message 19: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments Pretty good :) Not much has changed, but I'm ok with being friends

message 20: by Morgen (new)

Morgen | 37 comments ...for now :P

message 21: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

Lol, alright

message 22: by The, I feel dead and alone (new)

So..has anything happened in these few months? Any luck?