Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

87 views
Archives (Deleted&moved topics) > You make the group's picture!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★ Jess (last edited Jan 01, 2011 06:41PM) (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
The mods have been talking, and we've decided its time for a new profile picture in this group.
However, we are not sure what to make it. that is where you come in. YOU have the chance to make the groups profile image-it can be anything, as long as it has to do with books. You can use picnik.com to add effects and text, or you can show of your photography skills by taking your own artsy photo.

The mods will then choose the three best entries-and then there will be a group wide poll to decide the winner.
The winning picture will be the profile image for the remainder of 2011.
Hopefully you join in!

If you have any questions, just ask.

Due date: January 30
submit entries: To submit your entry, load the photo into the groups photos album. ( on the groups home page- look to the very right menu ((above the groups moderators)). The Photos section can be found between 'events' and 'invite people')


message 2: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments May I just add that entrants ought to mark or title their photos as a part of the contest so they are not confused with other photos?


message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Sounds fun!


message 4: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 49 comments How many entries are you allowed to make? I'm asuming one, but I'm curious, because unless I skipped over it or something, I don't think it says.


message 5: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments That's actually a good question... Jess? What do you say? You are our fearless leader, after all.


message 6: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Oh, I didnt say...lets make it two at the most.


message 7: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 49 comments mk


message 8: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Pictures of books! Pictures of what represents us as the AWESOME Kids/Teens Book Club.


message 9: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I would say it ought to be book-related... There are a couple of entries up already.


message 10: by Tasha (new)

Tasha | 49 comments i put one up. Not the greatest quality though, because I don't have a good camera so i ended up using my phone. I'm planning on putting one more up, if I get any ideas that I like.


message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Whoever put up the monkey, I love it!


message 12: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (leanneisperf) I put one up:)


message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I like it.


message 14: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments i put mine up. :)


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Me too.☺


message 16: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
There are some really good ones up!I have a few favorites already-but remember: its the group that votes for the winner...


message 17: by ♪Chloe (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 2288 comments I put mine up!


message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Nice one!


message 19: by ♪Chloe (new)

♪Chloe  the Beatles Fanatic♫ (chloe_loves_thebeatles_and_books) | 2288 comments Thanks :D


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Holy fadoodles that's AWESOME!


message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

...looking at all the bookshelves makes me want to reorganize mine, its a wreck lol


message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Christina wrote: "...looking at all the bookshelves makes me want to reorganize mine, its a wreck lol"

You definitely haven't seen mine. I have no idea where any book in my house is.


message 23: by Kate (last edited Jan 10, 2011 02:41PM) (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Actually, I have a good idea where a bunch of them are, but it's not because it's organized, it's because I walk past and notice them. Particularly the ones that I've never read but have been there for years without moving


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "Actually, I have a good idea where a bunch of them are, but it's not because it's organized, it's because I walk past and notice them. Particularly the ones that I've never read but have been there..."

Haha mine are usually in the same place just not put in any order, there are stacks next to my shelf because i ran out of room


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments I wish I had a bookshelf. All my books are in my closet. Some haven't seen the light of day for years.


message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments We have a giant wall-to-wall bookshelf in our den, then there's one on my dresser and another free-standing one in my room, plus the one in my brother's room.

All of them are overflowing.


message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky! lol


message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got a new bookshelf :D


message 29: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Christina wrote: "Lucky! lol"

Not all of them are mine, though. There are plenty of my parents' books and things that I would never want to read. And there are things like the multi-giant-volume complete works of Mark Twain, not to mention multiple copies of books. (We had two copies of Little Women, and I think three of The Thief Lord at one point)


message 30: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Oh, I do too. I get most of my books from the library...the fact that we own so many just tells you how many MORE I get from the library. Most of the ones I own were gifts or ones from my parents' childhood.


message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I never get public library books....i always end up keeping them ;P


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments :P I always get my books from the library. But, I do own the majority of the books in my house. (A few were my sister's but she gave them to me since I clearly liked them better.)


message 33: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "Oh, I do too. I get most of my books from the library...the fact that we own so many just tells you how many MORE I get from the library. Most of the ones I own were gifts or ones from my parents' ..."

Sounds like quite a collection! You should post a photo in our groups 'photos' section. I'd love to see it!


message 34: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yeah, I'll see if I can borrow my brother or sister's digital camera. The issue is that the really impressive one is the one in my den, and most of the books are blocked by pictures.


message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I uploaded the book cake XD


message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Yay!


message 37: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
One more week to get entires in! The contest closes on the 24th, and there will be a poll for the mod's two favorite pictures.


message 38: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments I uploaded two entries.


message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Mandie wrote: "I uploaded two entries."

I really like yours. I was going to do something along those lines, but I just don't have the time.


message 40: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Wow, Jess... I don't know how we're going to narrow it down, there are some excellent entries!


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Mandie wrote: "I uploaded two entries."

Your's are super good!☺


message 42: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments Kate wrote: "Mandie wrote: "I uploaded two entries."

I really like yours. I was going to do something along those lines, but I just don't have the time."


Thanks. Yeah it did take quite a while. I tried five different book arrangements and took lots of photos and the photoshop part took a while too. It was fun though. I like taking photos and using programs on the computer.


message 43: by Mandie (new)

Mandie | 355 comments ♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ wrote: "Mandie wrote: "I uploaded two entries."

Your's are super good!☺"


Thanks.


message 44: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Taylor wrote: "Wow, Jess... I don't know how we're going to narrow it down, there are some excellent entries!"

I know! It's going to be really hard...


message 45: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments This way no one can be upset that you chose a bad picture.


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Yup yup yup!


message 47: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments So that's a good thing about the amazing entries. The bad thing though.....Oh well, whoever's entry is chosen will deserve it. :)


♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments ☺:D:)


message 49: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
COMPETITION CLOSED! Mods are currently all voting. We are just awaiting Amber's verdict in a few days-since shes away. Then we will make a poll for the winner :)


« previous 1
back to top