Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Double ISBN Help

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Atul (new)

Atul Sabnis (atulsabnis) | 3 comments Hello, I am trying to add a book titled, "Vintage Gwalior", by Smita Bharadwaj. (I have the book in my possession and it has the ISBN 9788189660048)

However, this ISBN has been assigned to another book Treasure Trove. The Publisher is similar. I am unable to add "Vintage Gwalior" due to this. How do I solve this issue?

message 2: by Sandra (last edited Jan 01, 2011 07:13AM) (new)

Sandra | 26563 comments Atul, you would treat it like an alternate cover edition by creating the book manually, with all available information, just without the ISBNs.

You then add a librarian note from the edit page that that it is an reissued ISBN (adding the ISBN to your note), and you also add that information to the description field. This stops other librarians deleting the book just because it doesn't have an ISBN listed.

You then combine this edition with the other books like usual.

Hopefully you also enter a cover for the book.

message 3: by Atul (last edited Jan 01, 2011 09:59PM) (new)

Atul Sabnis (atulsabnis) | 3 comments Sandra, thank you very much for your help. Can you please check, if I have done it right? (This is my first time doing such a thing!) :)

Vintage Gwalior

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26563 comments Perfect Atul, although you don't need to mention the date that you did it.

:)

message 5: by Atul (new)

Atul Sabnis (atulsabnis) | 3 comments Ah! Well, I just thought it would help, when people compared the two books and saw which one was recent. I think I'll let it stay? Doesn't do any harm (?)

:)

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26563 comments That's fine.