Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Kerrelyn Sparks - BIO and AOM Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments The AOM of January is: Kerrelyn Sparks

From her website (www.kerrelynsparks.com):

Kerrelyn Sparks’ first paranormal romance, How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire, zoomed out of the bat cave so fast it became Borders bestselling debut romance of 2005. Each book in the Love at Stake series has become a USAToday bestseller. When the fourth book, The Undead Next Door, landed on the New York Times bestseller list, even the Undead sat up and took notice, which made Kerrelyn a bit nervous. She lives in the Greater Houston area with her husband, children, and a house full of garlic. So far, there are no vampires in her family. Werewolves are another matter entirely.

Love At Stakes Series:
How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks Vamps and the City (Love at Stake, #2) by Kerrelyn Sparks Sugarplums and Scandal by Lori Avocato Be Still My Vampire Heart (Love at Stake, #3) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Undead Next Door (Love At Stake, #4) by Kerrelyn Sparks All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love At Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks Secret Life of a Vampire (Love at Stake, #6) by Kerrelyn Sparks Forbidden Nights With a Vampire (Love at Stake, #7) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Vampire and the Virgin (Love at Stake, #8) by Kerrelyn Sparks Eat Prey Love (Love at Stake, #9) by Kerrelyn Sparks

Next up, Book 10: Vampire Mine

Historical Romance

For Love or Country

For the AOM Challenge, read a book by this author that you haven't read yet, or re-read an old favorite. Don't forget to let us know which book you've read!!

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Did anyone read a new book by Sparks or re-read a favorite yet?

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I read the first one and am going to read a couple more of my fav's then will read two most recent one's

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I think I'm going to re-read the first one, I just have to wait for the library to get it to me.

I think the first book I read in this series was the third one, and I was confused as to what was going on. Then discovered it was a series. That was a very happy day.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I can't remember how I came across the first one....but I laughed a lot and it was such a fun read that I think I made it through the 7 books in a couple of weeks

message 6: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Yeah same here, I plowed through them in a short amount of time.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 66 comments I bought The Vampire & the Virgin and Eat Prey Love on my Kindle and read them both. I loved the last one. There's something nice about Carlos :)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I really liked Carlos' character when he was introduced in the 5th book (I think it was that one....)

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments When he was trying to convince everyone he was gay lol.

message 10: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4055 comments I tried the first book in the Love at Stake series and I recall thinking it was ok and there were quite a few things which irritated me. But since I am a moody reader I am willing to try the second perhaps it was just first book syndrome.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 66 comments Dawn wrote: "I tried the first book in the Love at Stake series and I recall thinking it was ok and there were quite a few things which irritated me. But since I am a moody reader I am willing to try the second..."

I wasn't too keen on them early on either. I read the first 2 or 3 then waited about 8 months before carrying on with them. I prefered the later books to be honest. Shanna put me off in the beginning.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) I have only read the first book in this series and it was so so but I do plan to read book two before the month is out.