Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

where and when?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ✿ Deni (new)

✿ Deni (denidax) Where do you like to read?, is it in bed, lying on the sofa, in the garden...

And, when do you read? at night before you go to bed, after the kids are in bed, on the way to work...

message 2: by ✿ Deni (new)

✿ Deni (denidax) I have my favorite spot on the armchair in my living room, as I can put my feet up on the table and the shelf to put my cup of tea and biscuits (or chocolate!)is at arm's length.

I prefer reading in the afternoon and early evening. I can't read in bed, as I would fall sleep very soon!!

When I was still living with my parents, they used to watch football all together every Sunday evening in the living room, I don't like football, but I would sit with them just for the company and read... I still do that when I visit them on holidays!

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 5191 comments ✿ Deni wrote: "I have my favorite spot on the armchair in my living room, as I can put my feet up on the table and the shelf to put my cup of tea and biscuits (or chocolate!)is at arm's length.

I prefer reading ..."

✿ Deni wrote: "Where do you like to read?, is it in bed, lying on the sofa, in the garden...

And, when do you read? at night before you go to bed, after the kids are in bed, on the way to work..."

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth8921) | 5191 comments Mostly reading in bed! Mini naps, before sleep time Going to start doing the recliner thing in the middle of the night. Have to read a minium of 3 hours a day and hopefully the book does not hit me in the head too much. Very little t.v. at this house.

message 5: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 4630 comments Mod
Me too Elizabeth, I mostly read in bed. And I read as soon as I get home or during my lunch at work. I don't watch TV so this is what I do. :)

message 6: by Lrmenon (new)

Lrmenon | 5 comments My fav spot is on this Easy Chair / Lounger at home. I read most of the time, atleast till my husband gets home. If it's a really interesting book I cant stop myself frm finishing it even if I have to read the whole night through.

message 7: by Carla (new)

Carla (pikinina) | 66 comments I like to read when I'm lying in bed at night.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2986 comments Carla wrote: "I like to read when I'm lying in bed at night."

Same but I also read where I can, on the couch or in the car while at work.

message 9: by Helle (new)

Helle (helleb) | 21 comments Mostly in the evening in bed. At home I also read on my rather large couch, either lying or in a semi-reclined posture with my feet on the table and a teapot within reach.
Other favorite times are while travelling (including public transport) or during lunch breaks at work.

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin Green | 48 comments I've created a reading corner which provides good light and a comfy armchair. I tend to read first thing in the morning on waking and then during the afternoon once I've finished my work.