What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Anasazi
This topic is about Anasazi
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. sci-fi story with aliens and Anasazi [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I read this book back pre-2000. Not sure how pre-2000, but definately pre-2000.

Its a sci-fi book, that starts out in the past with an alien species that either invades or crash lands on Earth in the South West, at about the time of the Anasazi. The aliens are some type of parasite (I think) and invade the bodies of the people of the area. This is about the time that the Anasazi started in with the Pueblos that are built up high, and with "puzzle" type ladders (if you start on the wrong foot, you can't finish the climb, etc.)

Then, about 1/4 of the way into the book, it moves to the present and has people with psychic powers discover the remains of the alien population and having to fight them off.

I remember that there is one character who was born blind and is either a telepath or a projective empath. There is another one who is a female and while born with microcelphy (a birth defect where the head is not big enough for the brain, usually resulting in the child being a vegetable or extremely retarded) doesn't have the brain damage. There are other characters, but those 2 are the ones that I really remember.

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
That could be it--I'll see if I can find a copy of it, but from what the review says, there is at least a strong possibility.

So I'm going to go with "tentatively solved." If it is the right book I'll come in and move the thread when the book comes in.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Thanks, Ann!

message 5: by James (new)

James wolfe (chefwolfeman) | 2 comments Another Sci fi book with the Anasazi is
The Haunted Mesa by Louis L'amour?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Haun...

I read it long ago, and found it enjoyable