Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Annoying pop-up ads

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments What is with the annoying pop-up ads that are suddenly appearing on Goodreads? I have to close them repeatedly so they don't take up the screen. I haven't noticed this before.

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3115 comments This has not happened to me.

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3794 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "What is with the annoying pop-up ads that are suddenly appearing on Goodreads? I have to close them repeatedly so they don't take up the screen. I haven't noticed this before."

i haven't seen these yet- and hope i don't! i do see book recommendations on the right side of the screen, but that's it.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments I haven't seen this either!

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Carol:
I have seen those a few times over the last few weeks sporadically and they are annoying! I refer to the ones where if your mouse strays over to the right area of the page too far, the ad will be engaged and expand. Not all of the ads do that.
On principle I refused to pay attention enough to remember what the offending ad was so as to not let their marketing ploy succeed. I hope they don't do more of them!!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "What is with the annoying pop-up ads that are suddenly appearing on Goodreads? I have to close them repeatedly so they don't take up the screen. I haven't noticed this before."

message 6: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1392 comments These are not allowed by GR policy. Take a screen shot of the ad expanding and send it to support@goodreads.com. They will then make sure it's removed.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Shomeret:
Hmm, that is probably why the one that annoyed me went away so fast. ;)

Shomeret wrote: "These are not allowed by GR policy. Take a screen shot of the ad expanding and send it to support@goodreads.com. They will then make sure it's removed."

message 8: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments Make sure the pop-up blocker is on.

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8264 comments Good to know, thanks for the info Shom.

Shomeret wrote: "These are not allowed by GR policy. Take a screen shot of the ad expanding and send it to support@goodreads.com. They will then make sure it's removed."