Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Restricting Listopia votes to specific year/century

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rasheed (last edited Dec 29, 2010 02:28PM) (new)

Rasheed (rasheed12824) | 4 comments Can anyone please explain how to restrict votes to books published in a specific year or century.

I've seen it done on many lists, like Best Books of the 21st Century.

I'd like to have the same thing done in Best SF Books of the 21st Century please.

Please see the comments on the list and you'll see how voters are constantly adding books which do not belong there, and we have to keep cleaning up...

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
The only way I know is for librarians to clean up any that don't belong.

message 3: by Rasheed (last edited Dec 29, 2010 02:40PM) (new)

Rasheed (rasheed12824) | 4 comments Go to Best Books of the 21st Century and try to vote for something published before 2000, and you'll see what I mean.

Instead of the "vote for this book" button you'll see the message: "not published during this century."

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

That was the 7th list ever created, so I'm guessing it was created by GR. I should have said there's no way for librarians to edit a list to have that feature.

message 5: by Rasheed (last edited Dec 29, 2010 08:07PM) (new)

Rasheed (rasheed12824) | 4 comments What about having Goodreads admin doing that for us?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

I am one, and I can't do it, which means it must be a developer-only thing. I'll have to ask.

message 7: by Rasheed (last edited Dec 29, 2010 08:07PM) (new)

Rasheed (rasheed12824) | 4 comments Please do so. Would definitely appreciate that.