Kay Scarpetta Books/Movie Group discussion

Cornwell Books > Which Cornwell Books do you have on your shelf?

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Clare (new)

Clare P (heidelbergerin) Since I've decided to try and read all the Scarpetta series of books this coming year (2011), I thought it prudent to double check which books I have on my shelf. I'm usually a bit of a stickler for reading books in order, but it seems I have several gaps... so best get myself checking things out on Amazon!

So far, I have the following in my collection:
Cause of Death
Unnatural Exposure
Blow Fly
Trace
Predator
Book of the Dead

As these are all quite later books, I'm not sure if I should start at the beginning and work my way through. What are people's thoughts on this? And which books do you have on your shelf. Do you have her entire collection?

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 49 comments Mod
My Scarpetta collection looks very similar Clare! I also have two copies of Scarpetta. Think I found one in the ladies locker room at my gym!

message 3: by Nicole (new)

I also have Portrait of a Killer which I enjoyed immensely.

message 4: by Clare (new)

Clare P (heidelbergerin) Nicole wrote: "I also have Portrait of a Killer which I enjoyed immensely."

I really want to get my hands on a copy of that... and of course, complete my collection :)

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina (ninadangelo) I've got all the Kay Scarpetta series, her other series, and her book about Jack the Ripper

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nina! You are a true collector and fan. Want to send me a picture of all your books and I'll add to our page?

message 7: by Nina (new)

Nina (ninadangelo) Nicole wrote: "Nina! You are a true collector and fan. Want to send me a picture of all your books and I'll add to our page?"

Might have to wait a while. I'm in the process of moving and all my books are in boxes!!!

message 8: by Ivana (new)

Ivana (ivanaerny) | 7 comments I have all her books published in Croatia in English and the ones translated in Croatian.

That's 17 till now in English from the Scarpetta series The Scarpetta Factor is the last one published), 15 translated in Croatian (the last one was Predator), first three one from Scarpetta series in another edition in Croatian, At Risk, Hornet's Nest, Southern Cross and Isle of Dogs (all four of them translated in Croatian), The Front in english and Scarpetta's Winter Table in Croatian.

Can't wait to buy the last one, Port Mortuary! :)

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (devinsmom) | 3 comments i have all of them on my shelf my least faviort is the newset one post mortuary i did not like where the book took place or really the whole story line when they said she going back to hearing the book done in scarpettad words i thought the book would be more like her earlier stuff boy was i wrog. But i can not wait for the next one to come out

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina | 1 comments I have them all as well. I think my least favorite has to be Blow Fly.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (devinsmom) | 3 comments i liked blow fly I will say that trace was kinda slow for me at first i didnt quite like it but her newst one for me is the least favort to slow going for me not like i remember her first ones to be like and i guess i didnt like where it was set either .

message 12: by Nina (new)

Nina (ninadangelo) I think Scarpetta's voice has changed a little, as has Cornwell's style of writing. Her oldest books are fresh, upbeat and enjoyable but some of her later books such as Trace and Blowfly came of almost as if it was a chore to write the series and a little stale. I have not had the chance to read her latest, but it's just one of the many books sitting on my night stand to read.

message 13: by Ivana (new)

Ivana (ivanaerny) | 7 comments the latest one I've read was The Scarpetta Factor and while reading I had a feeling that a ice hand is griping my heart and squeezing it. it was tense, interesting, mysterious. possible scenarios just keep flying trough your head and you can't put the book down until you get to the last page. and then all I said was: wow! now that I didn't expect!

message 14: by Clare (new)

Clare P (heidelbergerin) I may well have to treat myself to the whole series this next month... I've just bought another bookshelf, so think it would be rather lovely to have all of her works up there... hmmm (my husband's going to murder me if I buy any more books!!)

message 15: by Nicole (new)

I'm almost to The Scarpetta Factor! Starting Predator this weekend. It's taken me a few years to get through them all. They can be intense so I usually read one, then read a few other books in between. Plus I have a few other series that I read. Do you read Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series or Charlaine Harris' Sookie books?

message 16: by Ivana (new)

Ivana (ivanaerny) | 7 comments None of them. Are they good?

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Oh yes! I love both series!

Check them out next time you're in a bookstore. They've very different from Cornwell's books, but very enjoyable in their own way.

message 18: by Ivana (new)

Ivana (ivanaerny) | 7 comments thanks, I'll take a look, I'm always looking for a good book

message 19: by Clare (new)

Clare P (heidelbergerin) I'm reading the first Sookie Stackhouse book right now, but struggling a little as it's a bit tame for my liking so far... but I shall perservere :)

message 20: by Nicole (new)

Hang in there Clare! You'll get hooked.

message 21: by Samm (new)

Samm I recently bought books 1-17 of the series and can't wait to start reading. They should arrive early this week. I'm glad I found this group!

message 22: by David (new)

David (davidinms) | 3 comments I have all of the Scarpetta series...started reading her when the second book was in paperback. Have listened to the last several on audio. Love them on audio. Just have Port Mortuary left to read/listen to. Enjoy.

message 23: by David (new)

David (davidinms) | 3 comments Oh, and she has a new Scarpetta coming out this fall--Red Dust.

message 24: by Ivana (new)

Ivana (ivanaerny) | 7 comments yesterday I saw the pics of the cover for the Red Dust, if only the fall was a bit sooner

message 25: by David (new)

David (davidinms) | 3 comments Ivana wrote: "yesterday I saw the pics of the cover for the Red Dust, if only the fall was a bit sooner"

Indeed. Should be out by the time I finish Port Mortuary...

message 26: by Agota (new)

Agota The first 8 books in Dr Kay Scarpetta series.

message 27: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Woodward | 1 comments I have all the Scarpetta books except for the most recent one. I love the series and find myself re-reading them on occasion.

message 28: by Lanny (new)

Lanny Carlson | 6 comments I have all of them. I just finished Red Mist,
and I believe it was one of the best so far.
Some haven't cared for her newest books,
but the last two have outstanding!

message 29: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Foster (lindsayfoster) | 1 comments I have several of them and I am now rereading the entire Scarpetta series in order on my Nook. I am enjoying them more reading them in order.

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Looks like most of us are collectors! I am too. They are everywhere so it makes it pretty easy! I'm looking forward to Red Dust but need to catch up! Lindsay, reading them in order is the way to go. Did anyone else get confused by the way they were listed in the front of the book (newest to oldest)? I did and started reading them out of order!

message 31: by Ami (new)

Ami Cook I have been working to collect ALL of them. I look wherever I go.

message 32: by Nicole (new)

Ami wrote: "I have been working to collect ALL of them. I look wherever I go."

Great! Where are you having the most luck?

message 33: by Ami (new)

Ami Cook I've been finding them at used book stores, Goodwill and even a couple in free trade places. I have all but two of hers now lol still looking for Dust and Red Mist. My husband even found her cookbook :)

message 34: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Osburn | 5 comments All of them - They are one thing i can never see myself getting rid of. Postmortem stays on my bookshelf at all times, the others in the office. ♡